Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 24 - Newcastle Jets vs Wellington Phoenix 22/3/14 k/off 530pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Totally surreal feeling today with my football team winning a football game comprehensively through out enthusing and more clinical execution than the opponent.

Being a glass is half empty kind of guy it's a terrible feeling when you can really find **** all to whinge about after a match

Hope to feel some more of this in the future cause generally speaking the returns in recent years have been ****ing lacking and I can probably only recall 4-5 games where we bossed our opponent and were superior to them tellingly and didn't arse it.

Well done
    we've bossed games and lost but not for a while.

All in all if we had a gk that could score from goal kicks and won the gf on the back of that i'd take it and run

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    we've bossed games and lost but not for a while.

All in all if we had a gk that could score from goal kicks and won the gf on the back of that i'd take it and run

So would I Winning is everything.

It is just a nice feeling to have played with desire passion and enthusiasm and just blitzed our opponent in all areas and deservingly won and won well. Not expecting it every week but it would be good to do it a few times a season more than the standard once a year effort.

Was quite enjoyable to sit back relax and take it all in during the last 20-30 mins with us having the points already in the bag. Was a rather unique vibe walking out of the ground with people in such great spirits that I probably haven't felt since the other year we raped Smurfs away and won 5-2 and were that dominant the only sad thing was we didn't win by more

Being a glass is half empty kind of guy it's a terrible feeling when you can really find **** all to whinge about after a match
    you can always whinge about that shithouse mid strength beer Member.
    Win, lose or draw it never tastes any good.

Oh and Middleby.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you can always whinge about that shithouse mid strength beer Member.
    Win, lose or draw it never tastes any good.

Oh and Middleby.
    Didn't even indulge in the mid strength anything yesterday.

Worked all day on call at night and back at the office today.

Next Weekend can't come soon enough to settle some scores on that account

So would I Winning is everything.

It is just a nice feeling to have played with desire passion and enthusiasm and just blitzed our opponent in all areas and deservingly won and won well. Not expecting it every week but it would be good to do it a few times a season more than the standard once a year effort.

Was quite enjoyable to sit back relax and take it all in during the last 20-30 mins with us having the points already in the bag. Was a rather unique vibe walking out of the ground with people in such great spirits that I probably haven't felt since the other year we raped Smurfs away and won 5-2 and were that dominant the only sad thing was we didn't win by more
    Totally agree Member
    I laugh at the fickle supporters out there who decided not to come because of the loss last week and who are now saying "....shit I wish I went now!!!"
    Going through the pain of supporting the team through the hard times is what makes these sort of wins so sweet!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Totally agree Member
    I laugh at the fickle supporters out there who decided not to come because of the loss last week and who are now saying "....shit I wish I went now!!!"
    Going through the pain of supporting the team through the hard times is what makes these sort of wins so sweet!
    But being a glass is half empty kind of guy the pain and suffering these blokes and the club inflicts upon us makes the times when the good times roll around so much sweeter.

Watching us get thumped/beaten and the feeling of desolation it brings makes the times when you are winning mean that little bit more. Must be hard for the bandwagon jumpers jumping on and off all the time. Never quite experiencing what those who stick through thin and thinner get out of it when things turn good.

Poor buggers are actually cheating themselves out of something quite special

Bandwagoners

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Actually fairly impressed we got 9000 there. Thought it was going to be less.
    Go jetties

Don't think many people saw it, but Bridges' goal actually takes a massive deflection which probably helped it significantly go in the net.

Point is, Bridges still poo
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Don't think many people saw it, but Bridges' goal actually takes a massive deflection which probably helped it significantly go in the net.

And Wayne Rooney's bicycle kick comes off his shin. Still a really good goal and still counts.

More than happy for him.

And after he scored, Pv4 you were my first thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

Was missing without the deflection. Own goal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    And Wayne Rooney's bicycle kick comes off his shin. Still a really good goal and still counts.

More than happy for him.

That doesn't compare at all. Rooney's does not take a deflection and is thru his own athleticism, bridges is probably going closer to the corner flag than the goal

I was standing right next to Bon when we realized it was Bridges we both said poor PV4. Bon thought the foz would go into overload.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

That doesn't compare at all. Rooney's does not take a deflection and is thru his own athleticism, bridges is probably going closer to the corner flag than the goal
    Fair enough point re: Rooney. I was using it as an example of a goal that upon replay wasn't precisely hit with 100% flawless technique.

Can't we just accept, however, that it was a really good goal no matter how it got there?

Why do we have to bag the bloke because he scored a deflected goal? He could have done that and chopped down Jacob a Burns on his way to headbutt Hutcho and people still wouldn't be satisfied.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-03-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Fair enough point re: Rooney. I was using it as an example of a goal that upon replay wasn't precisely hit with 100% flawless technique.

Can't we just accept, however, that it was a really good goal no matter how it got there?

Why do we have to bag the bloke because he scored a deflected goal? He could have done that and chopped down Jacob a Burns on his way to headbutt Hutcho and people still wouldn't be satisfied.
    Because it was Bridges and not Jaliens.

He could have done that and chopped down Jacob a Burns on his way to headbutt Hutcho and people still wouldn't be satisfied.
    I've heard he and BK are starting a vigilante group.

To get us all onside they are planning on hospitalizing burns, hutcho, breeze, mr celery and Andy Harper.

Bump.

2 years ago today we beat the Nix 5-0.

enjoy people