Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The New Lambton 9's were very strong. I think they had a clean sweep against the Jaffas 9's or there might have been a draw somewhere. Close games all round from what I saw.
    New Lambton 9's have one very very special little player in their squad. He's apparently only 7 (playing a few years up) and has even filled in for the 10's and handled himself really well.

hes a great kid too, def one of the ones that can go anywhere as long as the coaching helps him develop.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I don't have an opinion on the extra training really. As long as the boys want to go I'm for it and aren't tied to it with any repercussions on attendance I don't care.

I have heard a rumour that coaches have been discussing the quality and results coming out of the TSP between clubs.
    Players not improving
    Players developing issues
    Club coaches having no input to helping their players to improve so called new skills.

What I can work out is that it appears to be a complete offline system where no new players were ever added or removed as initially discussed.

The New Lambton 9's were very strong. I think they had a clean sweep against the Jaffas 9's or there might have been a draw somewhere. Close games all round from what I saw.

In the 9's there are a bunch of teams that are quite strong:
    Olympic, Magic, Jaffas & New Lambton all have 2 strong teams. Lake Macquarie have 1 strong team.

Edgeworth, Maitland, Valentine & Charlestown are slightly below the 4 teams above but are capable on their day. All look to have 2 evenly spread teams. Adamstown & Singleton have 1 team only and are at this level also.

The Association girls teams, South Cardiff, Weston, Wallsend & the 2nd Lake Macquarie team are not as polished as the teams above, but are developing well.

This is interesting, as my observation of the first half of u9 SAP games was that New Lambton had a clear 'A' and 'B' team, in a similar way to Lake Macquarie. Perhaps they have done away with this for the second half of the draw? Or perhaps the B Team have improved a lot? It would be a great credit to the players and coaches if that were the case as I understood that the New Lambton B team had struggled somewhat in the early stages.

I think all teams have some very good players. Yes, some teams are a bit more advanced than others, but to my eyes SAP definitely appears to be improving players structure and technique. Again, credit to coaches and players. It will be interesting to know how the split draw effects the supposed weaker teams. Hopefully, more competitive games will breed confidence and help their players push on and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i take it your youngun is part of the Jaffas program.
    legit question as a parent, do you have any concerns over the amount of extra work the kids are doing at the moment? is it true they are doing extra training and games? do you see this as being sustainable all the way through til puberty?

im not knocking the Jaffas, at all. i just found it interesting that they seem to be doing so much extra than all the other clubs. or is it not that bad? always wondered from a parents perspective thats all.

When do they get time for extra training and games??? I understood a lot of the Jaffas boys do the Jobe Wheelhouse training and then I guess a lot of them have been selected in the Newcastle Football summer NET program. Do they do more training on top of all that?!?

On the summer NET, have selected boys began training for this already? I thought this was an 'end of the season' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    When do they get time for extra training and games??? I understood a lot of the Jaffas boys do the Jobe Wheelhouse training and then I guess a lot of them have been selected in the Newcastle Football summer NET program. Do they do more training on top of all that?!?

On the summer NET, have selected boys began training for this already? I thought this was an 'end of the season' thing.
    None of the boys in the 9’s Jaffa’s do Jobe Wheelhouse during the season to the best of my knowledge.

Some of the boys do Newcastle Football’s training on a Wednesday on top of what they do with the club.

None of the Summer NET have started training. It starts in September I think.

Interestingly I saw Cessnock City advertising for coaches for 2020. In their list they have included under 9 and under 10 SAP coaches. I wonder if this is a condition of applying for an NPL license. I hope so.

Interestingly I saw Cessnock City advertising for coaches for 2020. In their list they have included under 9 and under 10 SAP coaches. I wonder if this is a condition of applying for an NPL license. I hope so.
    I thought Cessnock had a 9's team last year.
    Could be mistaken though.

Banned
    I thought Cessnock had a 9's team last year.
    Could be mistaken though.
    nah no cessnock teams last year. There are a few more teams this year in the 9's particularly with the girls in the 9's.

Banned

Nothing more than other boys can do anywhere else. Therell be summer comps everywhere as well. up to the kids i guess

None of the boys in the 9’s Jaffa’s do Jobe Wheelhouse during the season to the best of my knowledge.

Some of the boys do Newcastle Football’s training on a Wednesday on top of what they do with the club.

None of the Summer NET have started training. It starts in September I think.
    So the Wednesday Newcastle Football training is a Jaffas-only thing? Or are boys in the NET program included as well?

Yes, I saw this as well. They are advertising for a SAP Coordinator as well, so must be joining next year. The more the merrier I say.

The adverts are asking for SAP coaches to have a “Senior Licence or completing C Licence”. Does NNSWF have a minimum coaching requirement for SAP coaches? I’m assuming coaches need to have more than the Grassroots training and/or the Skills Training certificate?

So the Wednesday Newcastle Football training is a Jaffas-only thing? Or are boys in the NET program included as well?
    No, not Jaffas only. There are boys from other SAP teams and also some other boys from some of the newcastle community 9's clubs that have been nominated.

There's no NET in 9's so maybe some of these boys play up a year in the 10's NET or have been nominated by their clubs.

From Aegon Jr's invitation:

• Players from Newcastle Football u/9s and u/10s who are identified from the NET and SAP programs, along with the better players selected from Newcastle Football clinics are placed in equally formatted teams.
    • Each team trains one night per week on a Tuesday, and plays once a week on a Friday evening.
    • Each player is provided with a full UMBRO strip.
    • The cost of the program is $150. Payment deadline will be Saturday 10th August.
    • Number of training games is 14.
    The program would start on 10th September training and Friday 13th September for the first game.
    • Training on Tuesday nights is optional for the first 3 weeks for SAP players
    • There are no games or training during the school holidays but games resume on Friday 11th October.
    • The program concludes on November 29.
    • Some training nights will be allocated to games to fit in 14 games.
    • Games are 25 min each way and teams will play 9 v 9.
    • Games start at 5.15 pm and 6.15 pm.
    • Full canteen facilities will be available on game night.

Yes, I saw this as well. They are advertising for a SAP Coordinator as well, so must be joining next year. The more the merrier I say.

The adverts are asking for SAP coaches to have a “Senior Licence or completing C Licence”. Does NNSWF have a minimum coaching requirement for SAP coaches? I’m assuming coaches need to have more than the Grassroots training and/or the Skills Training certificate?
    SAP coaches are supposed to be C qualified.

SAP is not a pre-requisite for NPL (it should be!!) but I am sure it is looked upon favourably if you have it.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

This is interesting, as my observation of the first half of u9 SAP games was that New Lambton had a clear 'A' and 'B' team, in a similar way to Lake Macquarie. Perhaps they have done away with this for the second half of the draw? Or perhaps the B Team have improved a lot? It would be a great credit to the players and coaches if that were the case as I understood that the New Lambton B team had struggled somewhat in the early stages.
    from my understanding, The 9's didnt grade their squads, the 'better' team though is made up of a bunch of kids who have played together for a few years so prob looked way better at the start as they already had an understanding of each other, and the coach. Think a few of their other old team mates went to Jaffas 9's.

have seen their other team a bit and yeah they def look way different. coach (and players) have really done a good job there.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

from my understanding, The 9's didnt grade their squads, the 'better' team though is made up of a bunch of kids who have played together for a few years so prob looked way better at the start as they already had an understanding of each other, and the coach. Think a few of their other old team mates went to Jaffas 9's.

have seen their other team a bit and yeah they def look way different. coach (and players) have really done a good job there.
    Yep, This is mostly true. Half of our Blue team has played together for a few years, and the White team is made up of players thrown together at the beginning of the season from Several U8 NLFC teams.
    Both teams are now quite strong and are ungraded as we tried to balance them after selections.

The best part is we are 95% New Lambton juniors. We didn't have any players go to Jaffas though.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Yep, This is mostly true. Half of our Blue team has played together for a few years, and the White team is made up of players thrown together at the beginning of the season from Several U8 NLFC teams.
    Both teams are now quite strong and are ungraded as we tried to balance them after selections.

The best part is we are 95% New Lambton juniors. We didn't have any players go to Jaffas though.
    That’s really encouraging on all fronts - both the teams getting better as part of the system and New Lambton developing kids from their own community teams. I hope New Lambton advertise this - it’s a great advert for their club and should encourage other clubs to do the same.

Banned

My mates lad and his friend both played for New Lambton from 6's to 8's. They now both play for Jaffas SAP.

Theyre doing well. I suppose it's hard not to progress with the amount of time put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    My mates lad and his friend both played for New Lambton from 6's to 8's. They now both play for Jaffas SAP.

Theyre doing well. I suppose it's hard not to progress with the amount of time put in.
    Well there you go. It's hard to keep track of all juniors i guess.
    That's the difficult part of an "NPL" program Vs NewFM in seniors. Parents and kids may think they are getting a head start to NPL by playing there, but it's all about development at this stage.

Banned
    Parents and kids may think they are getting a head start to NPL by playing there, but it's all about development at this stage.
    Ah so you assume they went to Jaffas becuase of NPL grade. Nah, New Lambton didnt bother to look very closely at all their 8's although this lad was playing u10 when 8.

Same happened to a lad from Magic. He is fantastic and Magic didnt see him until end of season and he already trialed elsewhere. Maybe they wanted to stay with their original club but thats footy.

Wont matter at all in the end. Theyll end up where they belong and meet a bunch of new mates along the way.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 26-06-2019 at 11:15 PM.