Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Banned
    Also a weekend off on Aug 24th 25th. Why? it isnt the community gf weekend

Also checking last years draw there wasnt 2 weeks off at rd11 or at all. finished a week earlier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Also a weekend off on Aug 24th 25th. Why? it isnt the community gf weekend

Also checking last years draw there wasnt 2 weeks off at rd11 or at all. finished a week earlier as well.
    That weekend is set aside for the big gala day held at speers point each year. Zone SAP teams play it every year, unsure if Premier Clubs SAP have the same thing. U11 and u12 SAP only listed on Northern website.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    That weekend is set aside for the big gala day held at speers point each year. Zone SAP teams play it every year, unsure if Premier Clubs SAP have the same thing. U11 and u12 SAP only listed on Northern website.
    Definitely haven't heard anything about any planned gala days for premier club SAP.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    At the start of the season our club was told that the weekend of 1/2 June and the following long weekend were mandated weeks off to give the kids a rest.
    They had a similar break last year.
    To be honest though the kids were less than impressed with the break as they were really enjoying their football and wanted to keep playing..

This one may be either on your club for not knowing, of NNSW for lack of communication with your club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Yeah draw always had no games on weekends of 1/2 June and 8/9 June. Part 2 of draw to be released by 7th June was noted as well on draw. Unsure why such a break in middle of season. Could easily have done draw to end of 1/2 June and then break for long weekend.
    I had to go back through all communications but ended up finding this.Capture 18.jpg

Probably something that NNSWF relied on the clubs telling all the parents. Regardless, very strange to have a random 2 week gap.

Banned
    wrong thread
    Last edited by traffic light; 24-05-2019 at 09:12 PM.

I spent this morning at Magic park watching some excellent 9’s and 10’s SAP games today.

For all the grief Magic cop around the place they put on a great hub day. All games played in great spirit and they were excellent hosts.

got a decent larf out at an SAP game on the weekend. A coach was being an absolute wanker to the ref, complaining about everything, which just encouraged the crowd to get in and have a dig too. During halftime the ref blew his whistle just to get the attention of the teams to line up for the 2nd half and the coach yells at him something along the lines of "the hooter hasnt gone yet you can wait" (i always assumed the hooter meant the game starts and that the teams should be lined up ready to go prior but may be wrong). so one team was out there ready to go and the other waited until the hooter went then walked out to line up. weird.

Anyway in amongst all his carry on the ref had to stop the game because his kids were getting confused with one of the rules. It turns out the bloke hadnt even taught them about restarts. the ref had to pause the game, explain the rule to the kids then help them along for the rest of the game. Suffice to say once the bloke realised he hadnt even explained the rules properly his abuse seemed to tone down a bit. it was embarrassing to watch but at least he shut up for a bit.

i felt sorry for the club to a)have such a dickhead representing them, and b) asking parents to pay a lot of money so their kids get that sort of tutoring.
    honestly, by the time SAP gets to next year i hope NNSW has mandatory courses for coaches (do they already?) and if the coaches dont pass they just cant be involved. its just an enormous waste of parents money and soils the whole program.

suffice to say watching the kids was tough because they were lacking in a lot of the basic stuff (getting side on to present for the ball, turning out of trouble, any sort of footwork). these kids were pretty poor. there were def kids in there with potential, and they all had a crack, but you could tell he was coaching them poorly.(at one stage he repeatedly told his kids to "block the other teams runs"??????) Add to that being their 2nd year they are already way behind kids at the same age.

again though, NNSW is getting that rego money, but those poor kids are getting ripped off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I spent this morning at Magic park watching some excellent 9’s and 10’s SAP games today.

For all the grief Magic cop around the place they put on a great hub day. All games played in great spirit and they were excellent hosts.
    mate, the chicken burger alone is the reason to turn up. agreed though, always a great day out there.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

got a decent larf out at an SAP game on the weekend. A coach was being an absolute wanker to the ref, complaining about everything, which just encouraged the crowd to get in and have a dig too. During halftime the ref blew his whistle just to get the attention of the teams to line up for the 2nd half and the coach yells at him something along the lines of "the hooter hasnt gone yet you can wait" (i always assumed the hooter meant the game starts and that the teams should be lined up ready to go prior but may be wrong). so one team was out there ready to go and the other waited until the hooter went then walked out to line up. weird.

Anyway in amongst all his carry on the ref had to stop the game because his kids were getting confused with one of the rules. It turns out the bloke hadnt even taught them about restarts. the ref had to pause the game, explain the rule to the kids then help them along for the rest of the game. Suffice to say once the bloke realised he hadnt even explained the rules properly his abuse seemed to tone down a bit. it was embarrassing to watch but at least he shut up for a bit.

i felt sorry for the club to a)have such a dickhead representing them, and b) asking parents to pay a lot of money so their kids get that sort of tutoring.
    honestly, by the time SAP gets to next year i hope NNSW has mandatory courses for coaches (do they already?) and if the coaches dont pass they just cant be involved. its just an enormous waste of parents money and soils the whole program.

suffice to say watching the kids was tough because they were lacking in a lot of the basic stuff (getting side on to present for the ball, turning out of trouble, any sort of footwork). these kids were pretty poor. there were def kids in there with potential, and they all had a crack, but you could tell he was coaching them poorly.(at one stage he repeatedly told his kids to "block the other teams runs"??????) Add to that being their 2nd year they are already way behind kids at the same age.

again though, NNSW is getting that rego money, but those poor kids are getting ripped off.

What's the club?

They may have some form of requirements such as doing the SAP community course but that is automatic pass. After that there is the C-license, which could improve it but since it is near $2K to get it, is it worth it if you're coaching 8 year old kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    They may have some form of requirements such as doing the SAP community course but that is automatic pass. After that there is the C-license, which could improve it but since it is near $2K to get it, is it worth it if you're coaching 8 year old kids?
    yeah for sure id not expect your average SAP coach to have to fork out that cash, but NNSW have got to have a better policy for people wanting to coach the 'best' kids at their age.
    Plus, the incident i saw happened out at the facility, there were NNSW people there, and from what ive heard since the bloke is one of 2 in the program that have form in this area. those 2 blokes need to be sat down and schooled on the requirements and expectations of the program. i dont doubt they have a passion for it but this dude on the weekend just wanted to win. He couldnt handle the downside of the game. and worse still, laid the 'blame' for their poor play on the ref. thats not an attitude you want anywhere near kids.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah for sure id not expect your average SAP coach to have to fork out that cash, but NNSW have got to have a better policy for people wanting to coach the 'best' kids at their age.
    Plus, the incident i saw happened out at the facility, there were NNSW people there, and from what ive heard since the bloke is one of 2 in the program that have form in this area. those 2 blokes need to be sat down and schooled on the requirements and expectations of the program. i dont doubt they have a passion for it but this dude on the weekend just wanted to win. He couldnt handle the downside of the game. and worse still, laid the 'blame' for their poor play on the ref. thats not an attitude you want anywhere near kids.
    I wouldn't rely on the northern reps on site to do much. I witnessed a similar incident on the grass fields the weekend before last. At one stage the game leader walked off and offered the coach the whistle or asked the bloke to walk off the field. There were complaints from the bench of inconsistency and bias which was really poor. Northern bloke ended up having to get off his phone for a min to intervene and ask everyone to be quiet and sit down and for the game leader to continue the game. Coach kept on talking crap through the whole game.
    By rights Northern rep should have ejected him from the field but couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

I wouldn't rely on the northern reps on site to do much. I witnessed a similar incident on the grass fields the weekend before last. At one stage the game leader walked off and offered the coach the whistle or asked the bloke to walk off the field. There were complaints from the bench of inconsistency and bias which was really poor. Northern bloke ended up having to get off his phone for a min to intervene and ask everyone to be quiet and sit down and for the game leader to continue the game. Coach kept on talking crap through the whole game.
    By rights Northern rep should have ejected him from the field but couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
    yeah look behaviour is one thing, and from experience blokes that are gonna bitch and moan about refs are never gonna change. its a coping mechanism for losers to shift blame from their own performance. Id love NNSW to institute standards/warnings/suspensions for dickheads like that but bitching and moaning about refs is 'allowed' across all levels of the game so why outlaw it only in U/10's?

but for a coach of a development squad now in its 2nd year to not know the rules? man, thats just a shit job by the coach, and someone needs to pull him up on it. what hope do the kids have when they are learning the damn rules from a volunteer ref mid way through a match?
    Seems like I am WRONG

and look i dont agree with ref abuse, but when at the highest level in this country we are met with stupid shit eating giggles from the media about 'Musky being Musky' as Muscat tears strips off yet another 4th official we are always gonna have weekend warriors thinking that this is the way its done.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    What's the club?

I'm almost certain the requirement is for coaches at Aegon Jr's club to have their C license.

There are advertisements at the moment for a few of the clubs for coaches for next season already, nearly all of them are asking for the FFA "C" License as a minimum to be considered.

Where are the ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Where are the ads?
    Team facebook or web pages:

Edgy and CCB as per the below and I'm sure I saw another teams facebook page post similiar recently but was unable to find it.

https://www.charlestowncityblues.com...ws_K9emXSrygUg

http://www.edgewortheaglesfc.com.au/

Team facebook or web pages:

Edgy and CCB as per the below and I'm sure I saw another teams facebook page post similiar recently but was unable to find it.

https://www.charlestowncityblues.com...ws_K9emXSrygUg

http://www.edgewortheaglesfc.com.au/
    From Charlestown City's page "Coaches looking to work with the SAP age groups will hold the minimum requirement of a Skill Acquisition Certificate or a Game Training Certificate" Which is what we were talking about.

Edgeworth seem to appear to say both but we will see who they actually pick. It's one thing to say that's what they want but if they can't get anyone they will drop to someone with a community ticket for the SAP teams.

Banned
    minimum i heard for now was the day course Skills Acq or Game training. That should change down the track as more coaches get higher training.

Maybe we need something in between the SAP course and the C license so that costs are lower but up-skilling is higher.

The last thing we need is some clubs having far superior coaching like mentioned above

minimum i heard for now was the day course Skills Acq or Game training. That should change down the track as more coaches get higher training.

Maybe we need something in between the SAP course and the C license so that costs are lower but up-skilling is higher.

The last thing we need is some clubs having far superior coaching like mentioned above
    to be fair though, the teams were supposed to be out at the Speers Pt facility at least bi-weekly this year so the NNSW blokes can watch over the coaches and kids to make sure the right stuff is being taught.

sadly, some clubs have taken it upon themselves to forego this session and stay away from that support structure. some clubs feel they dont need it, some feel they can get it better elsewhere.
    which kind of goes away from a lot of what the SAP program was designed for, and it def seems to be that some clubs are emphasising 'winning' over the curriculum.

whos fault that is, im not sure. can only assume parents/coaches etc feel that for the money they pay, little Johnny winning lots of games is the minimum payoff.
    and winning teams always get the attention of the scouts for the next level.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Maybe I'm reading this a bit out of context, but why is "superior coaching" the last thing we need?

Superior Coaching at all levels is desirable. If I was a player, given a choice between two identical clubs (ignoring friendships/ 'loyalty'), I'd be picking the one with the more qualified coach. As a parent, I'm picking the one with a more qualified coach.

The only reason against it would be that it creates an uneven playing field... Which might be the kick start the other clubs need to bring up their standards.

The biggest issue here is, as you mention, the lack of a reasonably attainable but higher level coaching course. NNSWF should be reimbursing some of the costs to make this more achievable. And from what I've heard the C license is a pretty time consuming course (i think thats the multiple weekends one)