Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Yes, I saw this as well. They are advertising for a SAP Coordinator as well, so must be joining next year. The more the merrier I say.

The adverts are asking for SAP coaches to have a “Senior Licence or completing C Licence”. Does NNSWF have a minimum coaching requirement for SAP coaches? I’m assuming coaches need to have more than the Grassroots training and/or the Skills Training certificate?
    That's silly if it is Senior Licence for U9-U10 should be the Skill Acq or Game Training for those ages. Youth C Licence as well since Youth focuses on Skill Acquisition Ages more than the Senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That's silly if it is Senior Licence for U9-U10 should be the Skill Acq or Game Training for those ages. Youth C Licence as well since Youth focuses on Skill Acquisition Ages more than the Senior.
    At least they are targeting experienced coaches - they can only be a good thing. And doing it early too. That should avoid them scrambling just before the season starts and will give them plenty of time to prepare.

At least they are targeting experienced coaches - they can only be a good thing. And doing it early too. That should avoid them scrambling just before the season starts and will give them plenty of time to prepare.
    This.

Another thing, there are def coaches in this program that kids do, and don't, want to play for.

The sooner clubs get their coaches locked in, the better it is for prospective players.

Agree 100% with Plague and londonboys posts above.

The better the coach the better experience the boys will have. The more they enjoy it, the more likely they are to stick with it and continue their development.

Having a C licence doesn't mean you're experienced and why say Senior in your ad? Surely you'd want a Youth C-Licence coach since the Youth C-Licence is specifically targeted for coaching SAP players

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Agree 100% with Plague and londonboys posts above.

The better the coach the better experience the boys will have. The more they enjoy it, the more likely they are to stick with it and continue their development.
    Indeed a better coach will be better, however, having a Senior Certificate or Senior C-Licence doesn't guarantee that.

I am wondering why that is the criteria and not a Skill Acquisition Certificate (since this is for SAP) and Game Training Certificate or a Youth C-Licence (the C-Licence that is targeted towards coaching SAP players) not the qualifications they are asking for

How did everyone’s SAP games go this weekend? I saw Jaffas were playing Valentine. My observations are that both clubs have good teams so I assume they had competitive matches.

I watched the New Lambton vs Magic 9s and 10s over at Speers Point. Some excellent football on show.

Anyone else see anything of interest?

Banned
    How did everyone’s SAP games go this weekend? I saw Jaffas were playing Valentine. My observations are that both clubs have good teams so I assume they had competitive matches.

I watched the New Lambton vs Magic 9s and 10s over at Speers Point. Some excellent football on show.

Good to see the lads back on the park after the 2 weeks mid season break then a game then washout and soon another break. Pretty disjointed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Good to see the lads back on the park after the 2 weeks mid season break then a game then washout and soon another break. Pretty disjointed at the moment.
    Which club are you at if you don’t mind me asking?

I was curious how the break and all the wet weather had effected teams. Have clubs been booking indoor facilities to accommodate training sessions?

Banned
    Which club are you at if you don’t mind me asking?

I was curious how the break and all the wet weather had effected teams. Have clubs been booking indoor facilities to accommodate training sessions?
    I know lads at Charlestown, New lambton, Broadmeadow, Lambton, lake mac 9's and Adamstown 10's. Not part of the inner at any club.

A few are kicking indoors. Best to be on the artificial during the wet weekends.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 01-07-2019 at 12:05 AM.

HV Girls have been lucky probably only had one training session called off recently due to rain. Last Monday they trained in the rain. But haven’t missed a game due to washout since my daughter joined in round 7 I think it was. So having a good run of training and games is really starting to show with their performances.

Two weekends ago the U/11’s in the 9’s comp played Lake Macquarie for the second time this year. First time round Lake’s won both games 7 to something this time round the girls won one and lost the other by a single goal. And had two more competitive games on the weekend at speers Point

saw something quite interesting in the main game between these two clubs.
    firstly, it was a great game, played by two teams intent on playing football. the game was frenetic but there was always a buildup, no long balls. every attack had at least 4-6 passes upfield and players had to use their skills to get by. last few weeks ive seen A LOT of long ball in order just to get goals but this was a proper football game.

the interesting thing though was at one stage a home team player had skilled his man and was off down the sideline, the away player then made a clumsy tackle from behind and got his legs.
    it was a little cynical and in grown ups it was def a yellow card. ref called the foul and was ready to restart when the away coach called his player over and made him sit down for a spell. told him the tackle was unacceptable and he wasnt happy (mind you, the coach did it in a very stern but not abusive manner). the player went to the sidelines and sat on the bench, came back on a bit later and all was good.

about 10 mins later the same thing happened the other way. a clumsy tackle from the home player wiped a kid out. again, the home coach this time called his player off and sat him down (the home player knew hed deserved it and apologised to the kid he nailed). after full time i saw the home player go up to the player he whacked and apologise again and shake his hand. a few weeks prior this kid came off the field showing everyone bruises he got from getting pinched in backplay from one of the best teams in the comp, such was the importance of 'winning' games this club had.

it was a stark contrast to some of the carry on from teams (and coaches) that are all about winning and carrying on like its the Premier League. Both coaches and all the players should be congratulated for the way they respected each others players and the purpose of the program. its the type of game id love to see every week. some of the kids on display could be absolutely anything in the sport, it was fantastic to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    saw something quite interesting in the main game between these two clubs.
    firstly, it was a great game, played by two teams intent on playing football. the game was frenetic but there was always a buildup, no long balls. every attack had at least 4-6 passes upfield and players had to use their skills to get by. last few weeks ive seen A LOT of long ball in order just to get goals but this was a proper football game.

the interesting thing though was at one stage a home team player had skilled his man and was off down the sideline, the away player then made a clumsy tackle from behind and got his legs.
    it was a little cynical and in grown ups it was def a yellow card. ref called the foul and was ready to restart when the away coach called his player over and made him sit down for a spell. told him the tackle was unacceptable and he wasnt happy (mind you, the coach did it in a very stern but not abusive manner). the player went to the sidelines and sat on the bench, came back on a bit later and all was good.

about 10 mins later the same thing happened the other way. a clumsy tackle from the home player wiped a kid out. again, the home coach this time called his player off and sat him down (the home player knew hed deserved it and apologised to the kid he nailed). after full time i saw the home player go up to the player he whacked and apologise again and shake his hand. a few weeks prior this kid came off the field showing everyone bruises he got from getting pinched in backplay from one of the best teams in the comp, such was the importance of 'winning' games this club had.

it was a stark contrast to some of the carry on from teams (and coaches) that are all about winning and carrying on like its the Premier League. Both coaches and all the players should be congratulated for the way they respected each others players and the purpose of the program. its the type of game id love to see every week. some of the kids on display could be absolutely anything in the sport, it was fantastic to watch.
    Pinched? Seriously? I would certainly hope that is coming from the player/parent themselves and would like to hope it hasn't been "coached".

Kudos though to the coaches in the above example in setting the expectations on acceptable and unacceptable tackling.

Jaffas v Valentine games were all very closely contested and played in excellent spirit. Also, some excellent goalkeeping on display. I'm hugely impressed by the capabilities of goalies at this level with some playing a sweeper keeper role and some brilliant saves being made.

Both clubs are playing some good football.

Just the Northern rep doing the timekeeping getting so distracted by his phone he forgot to blow the start/finish horn a couple of times. Apart from that I think he was having a lie down and snooze on the grass at one stage.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    HV Girls have been lucky probably only had one training session called off recently due to rain. Last Monday they trained in the rain. But haven’t missed a game due to washout since my daughter joined in round 7 I think it was. So having a good run of training and games is really starting to show with their performances.

Two weekends ago the U/11’s in the 9’s comp played Lake Macquarie for the second time this year. First time round Lake’s won both games 7 to something this time round the girls won one and lost the other by a single goal. And had two more competitive games on the weekend at speers Point
    Great to see they are making improvement, it shows the reward of including them in these competitions.

Have clubs been booking indoor facilities to accommodate training sessions?
    Yes, the team managers/coaches have been organizing training at various indoor centres.

Pinched? Seriously? I would certainly hope that is coming from the player/parent themselves and would like to hope it hasn't been "coached".
    ive no doubt the kid isnt being coached to pinch anyone. and it may be an amazing coincidence that its happened once and once only.
    but considering the focus on winning that that team had it was of no surprise that such behaviour would be ignored as long as it got the desired results.

anyway, he'll do it ot the wrong kid one day and all hell will break loose. i just found the conduct of the coaches and players on the weekend refreshing from what ive witnessed a bit this season.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Also, some excellent goalkeeping on display. I'm hugely impressed by the capabilities of goalies at this level with some playing a sweeper keeper role and some brilliant saves being made.
    agreed here. one kid in particular is the standout but from 9's to 10's the level has increased quite dramatically across the board.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    agreed here. one kid in particular is the standout but from 9's to 10's the level has increased quite dramatically across the board.
    Do you mind if I ask which team? I love watching good keepers and there are some really promising ones in this program.

Do you mind if I ask which team? I love watching good keepers and there are some really promising ones in this program.
    the young kid from Valentine is the current TSP goalie i think. hes def the most skilled across all areas at the moment, wouldnt be surprised to see him move clubs eventually.
    there was a young kid from Olympic who was super aware of his positioning and snuffed out quite a few attacks as a sweeper, he was fairly short but his athleticism was great.
    Young fellas from New Lambton and Magic are good shot stoppers. both quite comfortable getting right behind the ball on some of the bullet shots ive seen go at them.
    theres def a good crop of kids really enthused to play the position, rather than just having some random in there each week.

again, havent seen all teams so if ive missed any its not due to snobbery.
    Seems like I am WRONG