Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    ok im not sure of the machinations of every single club, but my understanding is that all were offered the opportunity to train at the facility. This was specifically so the NNSW coaches can watch the kids and the coaches to make sure they were implementing the program as it was designed.
    Some declined this year due to a variety of factors. Some are getting that technical leadership from other areas, some clubs just dont want to travel out to Speers Pt.

You'll have to ask your club why they arent out there. if they have an answer you're comfortable with then cool. if you're not happy with it then talk to them and make sure youre getting the most out of your money. The facility is there to be used, and the coaches are out there every session. if your club has made a decision that prevents the kids from getting the best coaching and opportunity, then let them know.

Also, last year i saw NNSW coaches at games at places like Lisle Carr, Magic Park and Rosebuds. so they do travel.

Also, and it cant be stressed enough, you are allowed to go talk to them. They wouldnt know me from a bar of soap but ive had numerous conversations with them at training and at games just to get a better idea of what they want from the kids, and even things like rules questions for when you ref (if you get dragged into that!!!!). But the guys are all really approachable, and a lot of them are motivated to see the kids do well.
    Good advice. We are pretty new to the area, so I am only now starting to understand all the SAP, NET and TSP pathways. It seems that some clubs are more willing to embrace all these things than others. To my mind, if you have the facilities and expertise available to you its mad not to use them. Definitely worth finding out our clubs view on all this.

Good to have some SAP games back on this weekend. I was at the Magic vs Valo 9/10s at Magic Park and saw some tight and entertaining games. Curious that it was a ‘hub’ day for Magic, but no other games were played there. Usually they also have non-Magic games on the outer field. Not this time.

How did everyone else’s games go?

https://form.jotform.co/82108099572866

Interested in people’s thoughts on this - Jaffa’s are holding some “training” sessions for prospective u9 SAP players. I understand NNSWF don’t allow trials to be held before the end of the season, but this seems like a pretty smart move by Jaffas to gets a jump on other clubs. The cynics will see this as a quasi early trial, but I like the idea of clubs ‘selling’ their SAP programs early. Gives parents and kids more chance to look around.

I wonder if other clubs will follow suit? You’d have to think this proactive approach gives Jaffas a leg up in getting kids to come to them first.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post

Interested in people’s thoughts on this - Jaffa’s are holding some “training” sessions for prospective u9 SAP players. I understand NNSWF don’t allow trials to be held before the end of the season, but this seems like a pretty smart move by Jaffas to gets a jump on other clubs. The cynics will see this as a quasi early trial, but I like the idea of clubs ‘selling’ their SAP programs early. Gives parents and kids more chance to look around.

I wonder if other clubs will follow suit? You’d have to think this proactive approach gives Jaffas a leg up in getting kids to come to them first.
    Olympic hold a holiday training session, they would certainly be using it as an opportunity to pick out and approach new players not just for SAP but their other ages.

Not a new thing. All NPL clubs do it with transition from U12 SAP to NPL Youth. Hunter, Macquarie and Newcastle SAP all have various training sessions leading up to trials.

yeah at the end of last year our club had the best of the 8's and 9's kids playing mini-roos come in and join training sessions with the U/9 SAP squad.
    It gave the kids an idea of what the program was about and def gave the club a look at the next wave of kids.
    there was def a number of kids from last years 9's make the 10's SAP squad this year so it was well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned

Clubs would have ear marked certain players for their teams even by now. And you dont need a wonder kid to get into most teams just ask around some close clubs

Can anyone tell me what the Inter MiniRoos League is? It's played at 10s and 11s. Greta, Maitland, Swans, Charlestown & Lochinvar @10s and Kotara South, Maitland, Valentine, Swans & Charlestown @11s. This is not NET - although both are 10s & 11s and Kotara play in both. Is this a Lakes and Maitland NET thing, w/ Kotara also in to make up numbers?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the Inter MiniRoos League is? It's played at 10s and 11s. Greta, Maitland, Swans, Charlestown & Lochinvar @10s and Kotara South, Maitland, Valentine, Swans & Charlestown @11s. This is not NET - although both are 10s & 11s and Kotara play in both. Is this a Lakes and Maitland NET thing, w/ Kotara also in to make up numbers?
    These teams are the Macquarie development squads which is similar to the Newcastle NET teams. They are a collection of the better community players.

Does anyone know how teams are selected for the NNSWF Champion of Champions tournament? Are these ‘A’ graded teams that won their comps in their region and then NNSWF run an EOI or something similar?

Seems a great concept. I’d definitely love to see more of this sort of thing in the off-season.

Does anyone know how teams are selected for the NNSWF Champion of Champions tournament? Are these ‘A’ graded teams that won their comps in their region and then NNSWF run an EOI or something similar?

Seems a great concept. I’d definitely love to see more of this sort of thing in the off-season.
    Never heard of it. What are the age groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Never heard of it. What are the age groups?
    https://northernnswfootball.com.au/c...-of-champions/

None of those teams appear to be winners in their age groups so I have no idea what the selection criteria was??

Just to clarify my above statement:

12years: Maitland (12A - 5th) Kahibah (12A - 7th)
    13years: Valentine (NPL - 12th)
    14years: Magic (NPL - Runners up)
    15years: Maitland (NPL - 6th)
    16years: Chalestown (NPL - 11th)

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Just to clarify my above statement:

12years: Maitland (12A - 5th) Kahibah (12A - 7th)
    13years: Valentine (NPL - 12th)
    14years: Magic (NPL - Runners up)
    15years: Maitland (NPL - 6th)
    16years: Chalestown (NPL - 11th)
    Scratch everything I said - It's all based on community football teams.
    Looks like its the winners of each of the ID age group A competitions except 12's for some reason (maybe NPL trials)

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    None of those teams appear to be winners in their age groups so I have no idea what the selection criteria was??
    In our area its is the top ranked team for each association playing in the 'A' Comp gets to go represent their association. Is only for community stream competitions. Our area should have representative each from Newcastle Football, Macquarie and Hunter Valley and I think they play similar teams that have qualified Mid North Coast, North Coast, Far North Coast and from Inland as well. Looks a great initiative from NNSW.

Football NSW has been running the community champions of champions since 1968, before NNSW was created teams up here played in it.

Garden Suburb won the U16's in 1990 beating Abruzzi in the final.

List of past winners here. https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-conten...ory-2018-1.pdf

The top team from each district is invited to attend. For those in interdistrict the highest team in A grade from each of the three districts (Newcastle, Macquaire and Hunter)are allowed to go so you could see all three from the ID go but as it is not all teams that can go want to go or can afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    In our area its is the top ranked team for each association playing in the 'A' Comp gets to go represent their association. Is only for community stream competitions. Our area should have representative each from Newcastle Football, Macquarie and Hunter Valley and I think they play similar teams that have qualified Mid North Coast, North Coast, Far North Coast and from Inland as well. Looks a great initiative from NNSW.
    That's a better way of explaining it, not all teams do go or can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Good insight.

I really like the idea. I know it’s difficult to rank kids in younger age groups because of the lack of scored matches, but I’d love to see this rolled out to, say, U10 upwards. Kids would get a lot out of it. It’s basically a competitive Gala Day. I’m sure they’d be no shortage of interested clubs/teams if this became a regular thing in multiple age groups.