Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

The report I read said he was being tested on his way to training... And blew 0.09, I think anyone on their way to work should be expected to be sober.
    Big difference between blowing a (reported) .09 the morning after vs not being 'sober'. This mistake is made by countless people every day from all walks of life.

As for teachers, if I got rbt'd on the way to work and blew 0.09 I'd expect to be severely reprimanded, and not expect an support from the federation.
    Dont cunfuse the issue. No one on here is defending the DUI aspect of this. Everyone expects him to be punished in accordence with the law.

I'd expect anyone whose job is hindered by alcohol to not consume it.
    This is the quote I have a problem with. Alcohol affects everyone. So when doctors, teachers, judges etc give up the booze then by all means single out athletes. The fact that you have singled out athletes is exactly what I mean by higher standards. You lot may hold athletes up as some higher class but to me they are no more important that the other professions I have stated above. One rule for all I say.

As for you Member:
    The Knights pay him x amount of dollars a year to do a job.
    Guess what, we ALL get paid 'x amount of dollars to do a job'. Alcohol effects ALL of us, why single out athletes who enjoy a beer on their day off?

Pretty certain a NRL player wouldn't be tolerated dining through the week at KFC then Maccas then Hungry Jacks then the local Fish and Chipper, then the Kebab shop, then having a fry up Saturday before getting a pizza on Sunday as his diet wouldn't be maximising his physical well being. Why is alcohol consumption any different???
    OK so what do you mean by this? Form all reports Mason had a few drinks the day before a training session, you are equating this to someone being on the turps 7 days a week. Thats a stupid analogy. So are you saying that eating junk food the day before training or a game is a bad thing and not maximising his physical well being?
    Before you answer that google 'Usain Bolt and Chicken Nuggets' you may find it interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

lol @ chicken nuggets. Next you will be telling us that it's possible to run 100m under ten seconds and not be on performance enhancing drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    lol @ chicken nuggets. Next you will be telling us that it's possible to run 100m under ten seconds and not be on performance enhancing drugs.
    Hehehe

drugs or no drugs by the good Members' rationale if he ate proper food before his race he would have gone sub 7 sec!!!
    Last edited by plague; 30-01-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Is Dillon pissed at HSG or what....

But judging by an interview printed yesterday in the Knights’ official newspaper, the Daily Telegraph, the veteran forward is not anticipating disciplinary measures from the powers that be.

Should you be allowed to drink when not on the job - sure, especially when it is holiday season.

The problem I have is that Mason admits to "drinking 10 beers" and several spirits during the day before...his duty of care is that as a professional he should know that alcohol remains in the blood stream for a set period, and know that you don't have to feel drunk to be over the limit. He should also know that if he gets caught, no matter how innocent, then his history will be held against him and he'll cop it.

NRL players continue to have huge chunks of social skills missing from their mindset.

I agree with you Jetmaster, except for that last bit.
    I reckon it's a problem with society in general, not just yer footy heads.

Big difference between blowing a (reported) .09 the morning after vs not being 'sober'. This mistake is made by countless people every day from all walks of life.
    Huh? I'm thinking if anyone is blowing almost twice the legal limit, they're anywhere but sober and that anyone drinking that much that the next morning they are nearly twice the legal limit needs to know they just shouldn't get behind the wheel after such a drinking session.

Dont cunfuse the issue. No one on here is defending the DUI aspect of this. Everyone expects him to be punished in accordence with the law.
    not trying to confuse the issue, was trying to point out that if I as a teacher turned up to work drunk that I'd be in the shit.... Just like he should be, and that I would expect any help from anyone in dealing with the issue just like he shouldn't.

This is the quote I have a problem with. Alcohol affects everyone. So when doctors, teachers, judges etc give up the booze then by all means single out athletes. The fact that you have singled out athletes is exactly what I mean by higher standards. You lot may hold athletes up as some higher class but to me they are no more important that the other professions I have stated above. One rule for all I say.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear then... I agree one rule for all, if your drinking impacts on your ability to perform your work, don't perform your duties while impacted by alcohol. Austronaught, bank teller, truck driver, labourer, professional athlete or tecaher. Not holding anyone higher than any other. I'm not saying don't drink at all, I'm saying don't drink at levels, or at times that impair your work.

Pro athletes job includes preparing the body, alcohol impedes this.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 30-01-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Off the topic about willie mason

Everyone's thoughts on this auckland nines comp? I think its very fake the lack of defence will be a joke, some of the jerseys some teams are wearing are also embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

The T20 of league. Doesn't interest me one bit and doesn't hang around long enough to persuade me to start caring. Should probs keep an eye on it for supercoach purposes but really cbf

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    The T20 of league. Doesn't interest me one bit and doesn't hang around long enough to persuade me to start caring.
    Yet so many nrl supporters are taking it serious

Auckland of all places is abit ridiculous tbh
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Yet so many nrl supporters are taking it serious

Auckland of all places is abit ridiculous tbh
    Probably coz they have nothing better to do.

Shit sport going nowhere.

What odds some club gets some bloke done for the season with an injury in it and then they start blowing up over the event being a two bit muck around and so and so's season is ruined coz of it??

What odds some club gets some bloke done for the season with an injury in it and then they start blowing up over the event being a two bit muck around and so and so's season is ruined coz of it??
    High chance mate

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't clear then... I agree one rule for all, if your drinking impacts on your ability to perform your work, don't perform your duties while impacted by alcohol. Austronaught, bank teller, truck driver, labourer, professional athlete or tecaher. Not holding anyone higher than any other. I'm not saying don't drink at all, I'm saying don't drink at levels, or at times that impair your work.

Some jobs require you to be drunk for maximum performance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Some jobs require you to be drunk for maximum performance.
    Now THERES a bloke who should be running a sub 7 sec 100m.

Ahhh - latest on Free Willie....

WILLIE Mason told police that he had about 20 beers and gin and tonics during an 11-hour drinking session on Australia Day before he finished up at 11.30pm ready for training with the Knights the next morning, court documents revealed.
    See your ad here

Mason did not attend Newcastle Local Court yesterday when a plea of guilty was entered on his behalf for mid-range drink-driving.

The front-rower was stopped for a random breath test at 7.05am on January 26 and police smelled alcohol on his breath, a statement of facts said.

Mason tested positive and was taken to Newcastle police station, where he gave a reading of 0.09, almost twice the legal limit. His licence was suspended and he will be sentenced on March 10.

The statement said Mason admitted to drinking 20 beers and gin and tonics between 12.30pm and 11.30pm on Australia Day. The drinking session ended at Newcastle nightspot the King Street Hotel.

Mason apologised via Twitter on the day of his arrest.

Before boarding the team bus yesterday for Tamworth, where the Knights will play a trial tomorrow against Canberra, he told NBN News that he regretted his actions.

‘‘I accept my wrongdoing and responsibility for it all,’’ he said. ‘‘That’s the law. I broke the law. Just deal with the consequences. I regret it.’’

He said the conviction was a ‘‘wake-up call’’.

‘‘A lot of people – not just rugby league players – have got in their car thinking they’re OK to drive.’’

Mason’s criminal record was tendered in court and included a conviction for offensive behaviour in 1999, which resulted in a $600 fine, and two driving offences in 2004.

His traffic record included 10 speeding offences and other minor infringements that resulted in fines and loss of demerit points.

Mason’s mishap continued a dismal pre-season for the Knights. Fellow prop Russell Packer is still in jail after he pleaded guilty to punching and stomping on the face of a man in Sydney in December.

Packer is appealing against the severity of the sentence.

Club official Ben Rogers is awaiting a hearing after pleading not guilty to assaulting two men outside Wests leagues club in September following a charity fund-raiser.

Forward Zane Tetevano was the subject of an AVO after police held concerns for the welfare of his girlfriend following an incident in December, but that order was revoked on the application of the girlfriend.

The Knights issued a statement yesterday in response to Mason’s conviction.

‘‘All our players are fully aware and understand their responsibilities and our expectations,’’ it said.

‘‘We continually educate our players on a wide range of social responsibilities and it is a priority to invest in these programs and workshops.’’
    I don't know how it works but ABC said yesterday he is still on his P's !!!!

Every idiot knows 3 drinks in the first hour then 1 an hour after that puts you over the limit - anyway he has pleaded guilty.

Like how he says he's sorry then buggers off to play footy rather than front the court himself, probably thinks that will be enough to get him off.

And probably wrote himself off again.....

Breaking news: Ray Hadley beats his wife.

How is that even ****ing news? Seriously, the news that should be made is about the handful of rugby league meat heads who can count to 10.

Oh when the saints!
    Go punchin' on!
    Oh when the saints!
    Go punchin' on!
    I wanna be, in a bar, midweek, in the gong.
    When the saints go punchin' on.

Interesting to see how this one is defended.

We was provoked.
    We was drunk.
    We was not drunk.
    He looked at my girlfriend.
    He said "go sharkies"
    Last edited by GazFish35; 28-02-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Oh when the saints!
    Go punchin' on!
    Oh when the saints!
    Go punchin' on!
    I wanna be, in a bar, midweek, in the gong.
    When the saints go punchin' on.

Interesting to see how this one is defended.

We was provoked.
    We was drunk.
    We was not drunk.
    He looked at my girlfriend.
    He said "go sharkies"
    this is some of if not your best work mr fish.

Forgot to ad...

Just boys being boys
    And,
    We was just lettin' off steam

just letting off steam m8