Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what does SOO stand for?
    If this isn't a windup ( ) it stands for State Of Origin
    OK

Forgive my ignorance but what does SOO stand for?
    Do you work for Triple-J?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Geez Louise you blokes.
    When I lived and worked in England we used to open the pub early mornings for SOO and Grand Finals. Place was always packed.
    Hold shit amazing that it's not big news in Argentina Member. You could get a job with Today/Tonight with such bombshells.
    Whatever you personally think of it, there are a lot of mongs out there who dig it. To say it's irrelevant outside if Aust is like saying get rid of the A-League cause no one cares outside of Aus either.
    Let the mongs have their game, gives us something to be elitist about.
    Lets get some facts right.
    It is irrelevant outside of Australia
    It is irrelevant in 4 of the 6 states in Australia
    It is losing relevance in the 2states it has popularity in Australia.
    Facts are people are losing interest in it

Add in the arrogance of the clowns who support it who put shit on my game yet have little idea how irrelevant and retarded their shit sport is. FFS find a kid who is 110kg 6ft 4tall who has never played the game at 16 and you could turn them into an NRL player as soon as they can stomach swallowing their own urine and dog semen.

Try turning a 16yer old kid into a footballer and the only place who would employ him is the Jets FFS

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FFS find a kid who is 110kg 6ft 4tall who has never played the game at 16 and you could turn them into an NRL player as soon as they can stomach swallowing their own urine and dog semen.
    at how true this possibly is. I've played 2 competitive days of rugby league in my life, both for school. One was a one-off knockout game, the other was a seven-a-side tournament at Newcastle Uni. I was voted man of the match in the knockout game, and the refs voted 3,2,1 in the sevens day and I was coming 2nd overall in the whole tournament before we got knocked out, and had multiple people in Knights officials gear talk to my teacher about me

Back then I would have been 6'2-6'3 and mid 90s kg-wise, but could easily have built up if needed
    Last edited by pv4; 11-07-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't expect it either. Interest in rugby league in brazil would be extremely low. Does state of origin get any media attention outside of Australia apart from new zealand and England?
    It barely rates a mention in South Australia. Why the **** would other countries give a shit about the irrelevant sport?

lol, i didnt hear about it. Media ban during wc. who got out grubbed?

Interest levels in Rugby League in Brazil are under no risk of lowering.

Banned
    Interest levels in Rugby League in Brazil are under no risk of lowering.
    Not necessarily so

One of these NRL clubs may sign a Brazillian after the mis behaviour after the Germany fiasco is seen to fit in with NRL kulcha

Lets get some facts right.
    It is irrelevant outside of Australia
    It is irrelevant in 4 of the 6 states in Australia
    It is losing relevance in the 2states it has popularity in Australia.
    Facts are people are losing interest in it
    Well I'm not one to dispute your facts, but from my info I'd dispute part of that.
    Didn't they just sign their biggest ever TV contract? Their crowds (after a poor start to season) are now on par with last year. Their Origin ratings are in the top 10 most watched program's australia wide per year.
    You talk about the 'people putting shit on your game' then you just turned into one those exact types of people (two wrongs don't make a right Member).
    I personally don't like the game, but who cares if people do?

Gods and clods and all that y'know.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    at how true this possibly is. I've played 2 competitive days of rugby league in my life, both for school. One was a one-off knockout game, the other was a seven-a-side tournament at Newcastle Uni. I was voted man of the match in the knockout game, and the refs voted 3,2,1 in the sevens day and I was coming 2nd overall in the whole tournament before we got knocked out, and had multiple people in Knights officials gear talk to my teacher about me

Back then I would have been 6'2-6'3 and mid 90s kg-wise, but could easily have built up if needed
    yeah mate you probs would have played for the blues had you just put on a few kilos
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

yeah mate you probs would have played for the blues had you just put on a few kilos
    That's after I code-hop a few times
    OK

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    pretty weird how people get so worked up about other codes like it's some sort of competition. i guess technically it is, in regards to the financial landscape etc., but at the end of the day all sports coexist pretty nicely.

i actually feel privileged to have been born in a country that has such an array of popular/prominent sports to watch and play.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Well I'm not one to dispute your facts, but from my info I'd dispute part of that.
    Didn't they just sign their biggest ever TV contract? Their crowds (after a poor start to season) are now on par with last year. Their Origin ratings are in the top 10 most watched program's australia wide per year.
    You talk about the 'people putting shit on your game' then you just turned into one those exact types of people (two wrongs don't make a right Member).
    I personally don't like the game, but who cares if people do?

Gods and clods and all that y'know.
    With shit dished up on modern TV in Australia there is little competition for ratings.

I ain't gonna apologise or take a backward step when it comes to these parasites and the damage they do to my game to protect their insignificant sport.

Reality is the only reason people watch the shit sport is the media shove it down their throats 24-7

If you live in Victoria you get tardball
    If you live in NZ you get union

The ****s in the wide stream media are ****ing my game over by ignoring it to promote this shit sport

**** THEM

PS one great bonus of being in Sth America the last 6weeks is I have not had to watch see or hear sweet duck all about this insignificant sport

My head's on upside down and enjoy Ox testicles.

pretty weird how people get so worked up about other codes like it's some sort of competition. i guess technically it is, in regards to the financial landscape etc., but at the end of the day all sports coexist pretty nicely.

i actually feel privileged to have been born in a country that has such an array of popular/prominent sports to watch and play.

Your especially lucky to be born in newy where football is as much the second or third ugly cousin to other codes.
    Grow up outside of a major centre and it's easy to get a chip on your shoulder.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that there are a lot of teenagers 'round Members' way who continually stand around on his lawn.

This thread has seen more action today than all other threads combined in the lsat 2 weeks.

Must be off season.

It is, but, you grew up in a privileged time and owe a fvk of a lot to those before you who played, promoted and fought to get the game of football up and running in a forever lost sea of condescending bogans. Sport didnt always coexist as nice as it does today.

Any of us a bit older who grew up in the 70s and 80s will understand the RL hate. We really were called sheilas, wogs and poofters for playing "wogball". The football community never had the strength to fight back and the local game hardly existed in the media.

Over the last 15 years the game has got its act together and deserves respect that it still does not get from the mainstream sporting media. Our side never started the war of words so I find it a bit rich that now we should all learn to get along.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Any of us a bit older who grew up in the 70s and 80s will understand the RL hate. We really were called sheilas, wogs and poofters for playing "wogball". The football community never had the strength to fight back and the local game hardly existed in the media.

Over the last 15 years the game has got its act together and deserves respect that it still does not get from the mainstream sporting media. Our side never started the war of words so I find it a bit rich that now we should all learn to get along.
    Precisely Right