Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 A-League Transfers Rumors & Speculation

Have a read, I'm not blaming Burns, I'm having a go at Middleby who has said we've been looking at signing Burns for over 12 months now, yet Nix can get a deal apparently quite easily done. Plus where's this striker who was going to be announced within 48 hours, 3 weeks ago?

Would Burns have been a starter here? Probably not, but signing him would have been a statement saying that we wanted to assemble a strong squad, not just a strong first XI. Again I'll say, if Griffo or Carney gets injured who would I rather, Virigilli or Burns? I'd take Burns precisely because he would be a starter at any other club. We haven't used our Australian marquee yet, so what's to stop him or Carney being the marquee, and the other being under the cap? If City can fit Duff under their cap, we can fit Burns.

As for Burns wanting to come back here, tbh I don't know why any of them would sign for us anyway. We have an owner who doesn't want us and would drop us if he could, an incompetent management structure headed by a bloke who's previous experience was to run another football club into the ground and a stadiums who's pitch which is worse than most all age fields around the region. Griffo especially deserves better than that.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

But, why would Burns want to come here if he wasn't a sure starter.

And whats to say this wasn't Stubbins call to not sign Burns. For all you know everything lined up but Stubbins, but for you its easier to blame Middleby. Stubbins is assembling a squad, and I suspect the reality is that with the current signings Burns don't fit in, or wasn't needed as he was looking elsewhere on the pitch.

You want to use the Australian Marquee spot on a player than in your worlds probably won't be a starter. Thats great business sense right there. Not sure you have a leg to stand on when criticising anyones method of running a club. You sure you didn't sign Jardel previously?

Maybe in your last paragraph you nailed it, maybe Burns didn;t want to sign here no matter what we threw at him. There are so many possibilities fir why he isn't playing here, yet you take the predicable route again.

All I know is that Middleby was the one chasing him for yonks and not being able to seal the deal, while Nix apparently with ease. There was so many different articles and comments saying we wanted him, going back to what, June last year? Hopefully Stubbins does assemble a good squad, but I know that I'd prefer Burns or Carney coming off the bench, as opposed to Goodwin or Virgilli. Either way, hope Stubbins knows what he's doing.

I said that we COULD use the marquee on either Burns or Carney. But what's to stop them, plus Griff and Flores starting? Chuck Carney to LB (he's a better option than Gallaway) and have Burns at LM. And it may be the predictable route, but when's there's so much previous evidence pointing towards Middleby being the cause of issues, it's not a huge leap.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Hahaha.

New coach come in starts getting HIS squad in order, but it's the middleby's fault Burns isn't coming. FFS.

Imagine the fall out if he was signed, and stubbing comes out and says he didn't want him.... Jardel anyone?

Hoole
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Hoole
    Speak up.

And yes, you have a very valid point

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    All I know is that Middleby was the one chasing him for yonks and not being able to seal the deal, while Nix apparently with ease. There was so many different articles and comments saying we wanted him, going back to what, June last year? Hopefully Stubbins does assemble a good squad, but I know that I'd prefer Burns or Carney coming off the bench, as opposed to Goodwin or Virgilli. Either way, hope Stubbins knows what he's doing.

I said that we COULD use the marquee on either Burns or Carney. But what's to stop them, plus Griff and Flores starting? Chuck Carney to LB (he's a better option than Gallaway) and have Burns at LM. And it may be the predictable route, but when's there's so much previous evidence pointing towards Middleby being the cause of issues, it's not a huge leap.
    Who's to say we are using the marquees at all tinks has clearly stated he wants out, I'd be surprised if he is going to be handing extra cash out for marquee players. In fact who's to say we are even intending on spending anything greater than the salary floor. Perhaps middleby is trying to run the club on the tightest of budgets in case tinks walks, perhaps that's Tinklers instructions. We now have a situation where the knights and jets are head to head for what little corporate coin is kicking about in newy so we also will struggle to use the third party sponsorship top ups other clubs will have access to as well, but I'm sure that's middlebys fault too, in fact its ****in windy here tonight, ****in middleby at it again.

Since when has a contract negotiation been all one way, why hasn't middleby signed villa, after all city signed him so we must have only missed out due to middleby.
    Also do you know for sure that the only club chasing burns for yonks was the jets I seem to recall at least two clubs being mentioned to have enquired when his initial loan spell ended, who's to say one was not the nix, and the only reason the deal wasn't done back in January was because of his Korean club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

how bout that andrew hoole kid ay

Everyone forgetting about the other Australian u20 player we have on the books.
    We're more than covered for wide men.
    Hoole
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    how bout that andrew hoole kid ay
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

whool?

Edson Montana and another midfielder

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/23...es-off/?cs=306

Have a read, I'm not blaming Burns, I'm having a go at Middleby who has said we've been looking at signing Burns for over 12 months now, yet Nix can get a deal apparently quite easily done.
    Shouldn't the club, and Middleby, be applauded for proving that they have at least some form of scouting network in place, then?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Shouldn't the club, and Middleby, be applauded for proving that they have at least some form of scouting network in place, then?
    Didn't we sack our "scout"?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Didn't we sack our "scout"?
    We sacked A scout.

Clearly, as we monitor players over the length of 12months+, we still have a scouting network in place.
    OK

We sacked A scout.

Clearly, as we monitor players over the length of 12months+, we still have a scouting network in place.
    Depends on what you classify as a scouting network tbh. Reading 442's overseas Australian players update wouldn't classify as that for me, or you could do what Everton did, and sign a player based off of Football Manager's database.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Depends on what you classify as a scouting network tbh. Reading 442's overseas Australian players update wouldn't classify as that for me, or you could do what Everton did, and sign a player based off of Football Manager's database.
    Sven Goran Eriksson called-up Jermaine Jenas to the English NT because he fancied him on FM.
    OK

Sven Goran Eriksson called-up Jermaine Jenas to the English NT because he fancied him on FM.

Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

The football manager raw database, which resembles little what you get in the game, is actually sold by SI to many clubs as a scouting program. Helps keep costs for the user down.
    Go jetties

His FM stats are average. No better than what we have