Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FFA Cup - Rd of 32 Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory 5/8/14 k/off 730pm

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    only because you're trying to save face with a lame attempt to recontextualise your earlier disgraceful post
    that must be the first time "recontextualise" has been used on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So Why is Hersi ruled out of the game? Zads and Griffiths have knee injuries I see.
    Seems he is blocked by all-star selection.

Banned
    only because you're trying to save face with a lame attempt to recontextualise your earlier disgraceful post
    Where am I recontextualising my original post???

If you read it again I am still saying the same thing.

Another one who supports welfare for the middle class I see

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    Seems he is blocked by all-star selection.
    Of course. Cheers

Sounds like they are having a good trial tonight 5-1 up after 63 minutes, don't think they hae won that big in a preseason for a while

Looking forward to next Tuesday night. Should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by LiverJet View Post
    Sounds like they are having a good trial tonight 5-1 up after 63 minutes, don't think they hae won that big in a preseason for a while
    who we playing?

Someone told me last time out against Weston we picked up an 8-1. Not sure if he was right, but if he was should stop playing Weston since they seemingly offer up nothing worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

His me thinking all along that you were a righty
    what makes you think I'm not?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Where am I recontextualising my original post???

If you read it again I am still saying the same thing.

Another one who supports welfare for the middle class I see
    the first post was pretty much just a dig at the club supporting a rugby league player with a bit about the community tacked on to the end. now you're pretending that you're some beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of newy.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

On another note those actually planning on going to the game Parking is a bit of an issue around Magic Park last night.

Basketball Stadium and Tennis were in full swing

Add in the crowd for the Magic Strikers game made the area a bit packed.

Being the Jets will probably get more than 1.5k for their game may need to factor this in for your arrival transport plans etc
    Lucky if Alex wanted to attend the game he could of parked in the disabled parking..

You criticise if they did nothing. You criticise when they do it all.

To quote your favourite saying .. "FFS"

Can we end this discussion please? If you dont want to donate, then dont buy a ticket.
    I think Newy people like to help wherever they can, its something to be celebrated not used as a stick to beat people with.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    the first post was pretty much just a dig at the club supporting a rugby league player with a bit about the community tacked on to the end. now you're pretending that you're some beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of newy.
    Where is the dig at the club for supporting a rugby league player???

I was quite deliberate not to make any point of rugby league V Football as codes and what I personally think of it.

Secondly where did I claim to be a beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of Newy?? Other than Plagues sarcasm about Foundations for this and that there has been no mention of me big noting myself about my contributions in this area

I am of the opinion our club should be a beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of Newy. Instead of throwing their support to the cases that are already being supported to throw their support to the ones who are not being supported and who desperately need it.

Beside the Positive PR they would get it is actually the right thing to do.

As for the bit about supporting the community bit being tacked on at the end.May need to re read my posts as I have continued to emphasise that point in subsequent posts.

So how do people think we will line up Tuesday? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that have attended the games in Weston. We've played a 3-5-2 and a 4-4-2 diamond, haven't we?

-----------BK-----------

JP----KJ------AM-----CG

-------BK-----------

JV---------JS (*)-------DC

-------JN-----JG-----

(*) not looking for Steele to be a Number 10. expect Jeronimo to drop back off Griff.

Is my guess
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 31-07-2014 at 09:49 AM.

this thread was a hell of a lot more interesting than the title suggests

agree with the member - there are so many needier recipients of charity who are handicapped (figuratively) by their low profile
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    this thread was a hell of a lot more interesting than the title suggests

agree with the member - there are so many needier recipients of charity who are handicapped (figuratively) by their low profile
    This whole biz hasn't just been about Alex though. It has highlighted the NRL's lack of cover for all of thier players (which is the players own fault not doing it in thier last CBA).
    During the last few weeks money has been raised for 2 former players who both suffered career ending injuries yet were hung out to dry (they are only going to get the same $70k payout). Also there was a young bloke from Foster who broke his neck and money and attention has been given to him which otherwise might not of happened without the rise for Alex thing going on.
    Thurston, Smith etc wearing the wristbands is in part helping thier mate but it's also about them realising they are screwed if something similar happened to them. They want pressure put on the players a association and NRL to fix it.

(Also soz Jeterpool I know you're trying to get back on topic).

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    (Also soz Jeterpool I know you're trying to get back on topic).
    That's fine Plague. It's a lively debate and is worthwhile. I'm just trying to chat about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So how do people think we will line up Tuesday? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that have attended the games in Weston. We've played a 3-5-2 and a 4-4-2 diamond, haven't we?

-----------BK-----------

JP----KJ------AM-----CG

-------BK-----------

JV---------JS (*)-------DC

-------JN-----JG-----

(*) not looking for Steele to be a Number 10. expect Jeronimo to drop back off Griff.

Is my guess
    How would you change that once Flores is fit and Montana turns up? I'm assuming Flores will slot straight in causing a slight reshuffle, Montana is still a relative unknown for us.

Tenzo opens at 12. Everyone on here is required to come and support it by buying at least 1 cold drink. More if you think that putting money in magics coffers is bad for northern NSW Football (not the association but the actual state of the game)*

* May not actually represent my view, however if it gets more of you along to support the tenzo then so be it!
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    How would you change that once Flores is fit and Montana turns up? I'm assuming Flores will slot straight in causing a slight reshuffle, Montana is still a relative unknown for us.
    Honestly mate, I don't know. I haven't watched the boys this year and they've played two different formations. I guess once they settle on a formation it might be easier to understand (however we might be surprised and have the ability to switch and change formations this year!)

I'll have a go:

-------BK---------------
    -----------JS-----------
    JN-----MF----------DC

-------JG-------------

Without seeing Montano I don't know either. This conundrum I discussed in the Joel Griffiths thread. If he's out of this world, where would he fit? Because if he sits on the bench I can see the inevitable questions about why waste a Visa spot on a bench player.