Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1385

Thread: Gypos - lolz go in here

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    ****s are now in their rightful.spot
    Whatever these cunce are paying for the spoon over $1.01 is basically printing money

FkTards ahoy...but every cloud has a silver lining.

FMD...Shabow scores with his first Gypo touch without even trying....

Kosmina had called the Mariners "the graveyard of the A-League".

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Kosmina had called the Mariners "the graveyard of the A-League".
    Only took him 14 seasons to reach that conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Kossie saying that if the Nix are having their licence questioned than so should the Gypo's, fair point really!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...3d09fabb764a6e

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Sports
    John Kosmina queries how much the Mariners want to be in the A-League, says the club should have to justify its licence

Former Adelaide and Sydney coach John Kosmina has queried how much the Mariners’ management want to be in the A-League, and says the club should have to justify its licence in the competition.
    Central Coast have recorded the worst start to a season in the A-League’s history, taking just two points from its opening eight matches.

After the Mariners’ loss to Wellington, coach Mike Mulvey said he would now turn to young players.

Kosmina said the Mariners needed to make a decision on “what sort of club” they wanted to be — and whether they would properly represent the Central Coast.

“For Mike Mulvey, he came out in the press today, I think it was, and said ‘it’s time to throw in the young guys,’” Kosmina said on Fox Sports’ Sunday Shootout.

“I mean, that’s a big statement to make. It’s a slap in the face for the players that are there now because basically, he’s signed, he’s brought most of these guys to the club — the Aiden O’Neills and Mike McGlincheys and players like that (and) you can see they’re not — they’re struggling — they’re not really playing all that well, they’re certainly not playing to their abilities.

“And I look at the Mariners and I said last week, the place is becoming a graveyard and alright, that may have been a bit harsh but the fact is, the Mariners actually have to make a decision now — and this is a management thing, it’s got nothing to do with the football — about what sort of team, what sort of club they want to be.

“Are they going to represent the Central Coast?

“They want to talk about bringing youngsters in — Mulvey said earlier in the season, ‘it’s great, we’ve put good youth coaches in, we’re going to develop kids.’

“That’s all well and good but Lachie Wales is a local boy and he’s at Melbourne City and I’ve heard it was only for something like $10,000.”

Club great Daniel McBreen said the Mariners’ failure to keep local talent like Wales and Trent Buhagiar went against the idea of bringing young players through the club.

“Well they had Danny De Silva there, young guy there, they had Trent Buhagiar there who’s a local young boy, he’s gone as well,” he said on Fox Sports’ Sunday Shootout.

“So that’s a bit going against the grain to say ‘we’re going to bring young players through’ and then they just let them go to another club. Well start keeping them, then.”

Kosmina said the Mariners, who were one of the league’s inaugural clubs, couldn’t afford to “get comfortable”, despite the lack of relegation as a threat for underperforming.

“Management need to make a decision about whether they actually really want to be in the A-League and be in it seriously because … there’s no promotion and relegation, so teams get comfortable,” he said.

“But the Mariners can’t afford that. There’s too much history in that club, you (McBreen) won a grand final with them, Lawrie McKinna has been in grand finals with them before that and did a great job of building the team into the community there.”

The Mariners have consistently identified as a community club that can compete with bigger sides.

But in recent years, they have struggled to keep pace with the rest of the league — and McBreen said the Central Coast community was starting to “disengage” with the club.

“You talk about the community — it has always been a community club, always, from the start,” McBreen said.

“Now I’m talking to people down there now and I see it all over Twitter and everything, the community is starting to disengage completely because they’re just saying ‘well why do we come in year after year, we say “oh, things are gonna change this year” and every year the same thing.’

“There’s not really a great investment in players, there doesn’t seem to be … this is what people are saying out there, it doesn’t feel like they want to put a team out there that actually really cares or wants to give it a shake.

“That’s what the people out there are saying and they are starting to go ‘well why should we just keep turning up and give our money?’

“Well, they need to put a team on the park that makes people want to go and watch them and actually can perform and win games.”

Wellington Phoenix’s future in the A-League is contingent on the club meeting certain targets and expectations.

Kosmina said the Mariners should be under similar scrutiny — and if they couldn’t meet those “parameters”, their licence should also come under pressure.

“You know, if Wellington Phoenix have to live up to certain expectations in terms of maintaining their licence, so do the Mariners,” he said.

“And if they don’t meet those parameters, maybe they might have to hand back their licence in a year or two as well, for another club to come in.

“And you’ve got to look at it — would the Jets be able to swallow up and develop that area? That’s a big statement but it’s something that needs to be considered.”
    Hobart Mariners has a nice ring to it!

Take it away from these box heads and give it too either the Wolves or Canberra. Even at there worst they could not be as pitiful as the mariners are.
    Last edited by 380; 19-12-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Take it away from these box heads and give it to ... Canberra
    keep that kind of talk up and we will have issues

If a club underperforms, it means it's not worthy of playing in the top league and another better organised club should take its place?
    Sounds a lot like "relegation" to me... which is ok. Every team should be permanently under scrutiny by the parameters of performance on the field (which can also be the result of a poorly organised/funded club): the Jets should have been 3-4 years ago too.
    How do you replace the poorly performing club though: well, in the rest of the world this is decided on the field too: the best team(s) in a second division goes up, and if they're not ready they will promptly come back to 2nd div the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    “And you’ve got to look at it — would the Jets be able to swallow up and develop that area? That’s a big statement but it’s something that needs to be considered.”
    Wasn't a decent contingent of the original Marinators/Bay16 just old Breakers/United Rowdies that didn't like Con anyway?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Wasn't a decent contingent of the original Marinators/Bay16 just old Breakers/United Rowdies that didn't like Con anyway?
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Correct. From what I understand they had a cry when the Breakers folded, didn't like the way Con did things so went to support Northern Spirit and then became Mariners fans when the A-League started.

Hell the whole reason we call them Gypo's is from the gypsy like nature of their supporters going from one place to another when it suits them.

Yep - they had a big spit because Con wanted to move to the bigger stadium. These guys christened the new club Newcastle Uknighted and it just went mental from there.

One of the great comments was that they wanted to stay at Breakers because "Constantine has no hope of getting a 15,000 crowd" (he got it at the first game).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Yep - they had a big spit because Con wanted to move to the bigger stadium. These guys christened the new club Newcastle Uknighted and it just went mental from there.

One of the great comments was that they wanted to stay at Breakers because "Constantine has no hope of getting a 15,000 crowd" (he got it at the first game).
    They've spouted on ever since about how it was all a big conspiracy between Con, Soccer Australia and NNSWF to get the Breakers kicked out, with Con getting involved to take over the licence and move the team from Birmingham Gardens to our stadium so he could have a bigger claim in trying to buy the Knights. No doubt he probably was trying to buy the Knights, but doesn't change the fact the Breakers were broke as all f*ck and on the way out anyway, so when someone with deeper pockets came along of course the NSL wasn't going to say no. F*ck that GF win against them with Con in all his glory must have hurt them haha.

We've had 3 different owners since Con left town so no reason for those lads to now hold that grudge against us.

every time something like this comes up blokes on here start piping up with thought such as "keep the gypos in the league so we can keep beating them..."

enough.

i want the filthy, broke centrelink loving inbreds destroyed. i want their team to fold in embarrassment. i want those stupid sauce bottles to be knifed from top to bottom, i want that stupid brass band to have to sell their stupid instruments to pay for their next ice hit.
    i want their everlasting memory to be grand final loss after grand final loss. i want Jimmy Hollands 'hand of Griff' to haunt them for the rest of their pathetic lives, and for them to have no chance what so ever of ever having the opportunity to gain revenge.
    they deserve to be obliterated off this god forsaken planet. they dont deserve to be on the same football fields as us.

they are scum.
    they are nothing.
    let them die.
    and lets all enjoy it.
    and give thanks to Griff for making it happen.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    every time something like this comes up blokes on here start piping up with thought such as "keep the gypos in the league so we can keep beating them..."

enough.

i want the filthy, broke centrelink loving inbreds destroyed. i want their team to fold in embarrassment. i want those stupid sauce bottles to be knifed from top to bottom, i want that stupid brass band to have to sell their stupid instruments to pay for their next ice hit.
    i want their everlasting memory to be grand final loss after grand final loss. i want Jimmy Hollands 'hand of Griff' to haunt them for the rest of their pathetic lives, and for them to have no chance what so ever of ever having the opportunity to gain revenge.
    they deserve to be obliterated off this god forsaken planet. they dont deserve to be on the same football fields as us.

they are scum.
    they are nothing.
    let them die.
    and lets all enjoy it.
    5 Star post

**** em

No sympathy at all for their current plight

Cant wait for the cunce to fold or get relegated to oblivion

Nice post plaguesey. I also hate hearing people say they wish both teams were high on the ladder to make the games more competitive. I quite like CCM comfortably at the bottom to be honest. Give me 15-3 every single season.
    OK

Banned
    Nice post plaguesey. I also hate hearing people say they wish both teams were high on the ladder to make the games more competitive. I quite like CCM comfortably at the bottom to be honest. Give me 15-3 every single season.
    It doesnt matter how good they are going.

Thumping 8 and 5 past them last season on their own patch was worth more than any other win we have had against them bar the GF

Who cares if they were a shit side

Walking out of there last year winning 5-1 and 8-2 are feelings that wont be topped until we beat the cunce in a GF again

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

enough.

they are scum.
    they are nothing.
    let them die.
    and lets all enjoy it.
    I think you're holding back a little...tell us what you really think