Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    yeah, but nose-in or reverse-in?
    Reverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    45 degree angled street car parking.
    Can I ask why? Really separates the parking aficionados from those that jagged it in the P plate test.

Also, ya can fit more cars in an area, innit!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Can I ask why? Really separates the parking aficionados from those that jagged it in the P plate test.

Also, ya can fit more cars in an area, innit!
    It's because others can't park at 45 degrees and within the lines.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The seven commentary team at the winter olympics. Total aids this lot. Call wrong names, ask stupid questions to athletes . Simply the most amateur shit you can imagine. One of the commentators name is Basil ffs to give you an idea.

Special mention for Chinese fans clapping when non Chinese athletes crash in aerials. Piss poor indeed
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-02-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Watching the news I know more about Aussies coming 9th than the poor bugger who got the gold!

And how about the Gypos push to rename their stadium "Graham Park" because they have a medalist with that name (who will pawn his medal in the next couple of years anyway).

So back to 1979...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The seven commentary team at the winter olympics. Total aids this lot. Call wrong names, ask stupid questions to athletes . Simply the most amateur shit you can imagine. One of the commentators name is Basil ffs to give you an idea.

Special mention for Chinese fans clapping when non Chinese athletes crash in aerials. Piss poor indeed
    Watching the womens moguls finals last week was disgusting. The effort they put in to hype up this Aussie girl, the amount of interviews and back story videos (she really loves her dog), interviews with parents and what not. FFS its not my kitchen rules, show us the sport not the concocted narrative. Sure, squeeze in some anecdotes during the commentary if you must. But the patriotism and over the top bias just is really off putting for me.

WGMG:

All of the shit surrounding the Black Panther movie.

Just all of it.

WGMG is the morning traffic congestion between Metford / Thornton and Sandgate. It took me 10 mins to ride to Metford from my place and then another 40mins to Hexham - and another 20 mins to get from Hexam to Sandgate. Pretty much stayed in 1st gear from Thornton to Hexam, and crept into 2nd or third briefly until it finally cleared up just after the Sandgate turn off to the Uni.

Peoples inability to merge is also a big problem but mostly I'm guessing that people being forced away from public transport and back to their cars is the main issue.

If a horse performed like this governments Roads Minister you would shoot it on the spot.

WGMG is the morning traffic congestion between Metford / Thornton and Sandgate. It took me 10 mins to ride to Metford from my place and then another 40mins to Hexham - and another 20 mins to get from Hexam to Sandgate. Pretty much stayed in 1st gear from Thornton to Hexam, and crept into 2nd or third briefly until it finally cleared up just after the Sandgate turn off to the Uni.

Peoples inability to merge is also a big problem but mostly I'm guessing that people being forced away from public transport and back to their cars is the main issue.

If a horse performed like this governments Roads Minister you would shoot it on the spot.
    Ahhhh mate..
    I do the reverse trip you do, from Newy to East Maito and see the traffic backed up on the other side EVERY MORNING and just shake my head..
    Not envious at all..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Ahhhh mate..
    I do the reverse trip you do, from Newy to East Maito and see the traffic backed up on the other side EVERY MORNING and just shake my head..
    Not envious at all..
    I've headed up the valley twice this week and the traffic yesterday was the worst I've seen in the last few trips I've made. I went along the Expressway today and it was backed up from Cameron Park round about to the M1 offramp lights. Watch that become a new set of lights.

On said trip yesterday, was at a 4 way stop sign, stopped and thought I'd wait and see how the vehicle coming down the hill was going to stop. Fortunately I did, because they ran the stop sign. Green P plater had his head firmly planted in his phone. Heaps of teh same this morning heading up the valley. That's WGMG.

Also FYI everyone, from March 11th, the 70km/h zone from Thomas St, along to Griffiths Road and into Hamilton will become 60km/h the whole way along.

Simple issue - Maitland and surrounds has grown immensely in the last 10 years, but the infrastructure hasn't.

The council has offered up huge areas of land for McMansions, pocketed the rates and done bugger all to sort the roads out. Highway through the lights at East Maitland is getting to Sydney suburban levels at rush hour. Not to mention the flood of traffic coming through an old two lane road at Buchanan from the Expressway, including trucks. And how about the great idea to build a one way flyover - all that traffic has to come back through a massive bottleneck in the afternoon.

And as Dunster says alot of people did actually catch the train into the CBD as it took less than 30 mins to get to work - may as well take the car now rather than all that changing and shit.

It used to take 45 mins by public transport to get from Belmont South to the University of Newcastle Callaghan Campus. And that included two buses. These day's I'd doubt it could be done in 90 mins.

But the govt want it to fail so they can scrap a non profitable component of their budget. Furthermore, more cars means more state revenues.

We are doomed.

apartments and office space. Thats all we do.

Infrastructure? what is that? not even a thing

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    WGMG is that transport ingrastructure spending in NSW is about adding transport links for new development area, not necessarily about reducing congestion

not to mention the obvious that building roads doesn't ease congestion - it induces demand that clogs up roads and you're in a worse situation - building roads is short term thinking but it's a lot easier than changing development patterns and spending on public transit infrastructure

when you've got a transport minister as apalling as our current one, you end up with this nonsense - not to mention the $2B that could be spent on new rail infrastructure being spent on appeasing Alan Jones and the other members of the SCG Trust

there's a fine line between transport policy and satire in this state it reminds me of this - https://www.theonion.com/report-98-p...ans-1819565837

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Ahhhh mate..
    Not envious at all..
    i do a similar commute.

i laugh my ass off.

those people gotta pay up and move to Newy. the hell you wanna live out in the sticks for anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    when you've got a transport minister as apalling as our current one, you end up with this nonsense - not to mention the $2B that could be spent on new rail infrastructure being spent on appeasing Alan Jones and the other members of the SCG Trust
    they should defo spruce up the SFS up a bit though, the place is an absolute dump ffs

not necessarily saying knock it down and rebuild it - it isn't going to get any cheaper moving forward.

if the trust could meet them halfway you'd think it would be worth it, considering they're spending all that cash on the light rail to take people to there (outside of it's original function to alleviate anzac pde traffic)

wish fitzsimons would get on his high horse about the 300 million spent on the opera house and 244 million on an art gallery that you can't kick a footy in. disgraceful, and they wonder why the kids of NSW are fat

Heaven forbid the make one crowd specific 20k stadium in the cbd and one ‘bigger’ one out west to save cash and spend money on transport to get Mofos out there but no let’s build 3 white elephants coz more is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    fitzsimons would get on his high horse about the 300 million spent on the opera house and 244 million on an art gallery that you can't kick a footy in. disgraceful, and they wonder why the kids of NSW are fat
    How bout the fact the are continually painting the Harbour bridge.

FFS reckon I did my house once in 10 years these bozos need to get better paint.

Heaven forbid the make one crowd specific 20k stadium in the cbd and one ‘bigger’ one out west to save cash and spend money on transport to get Mofos out there but no let’s build 3 white elephants coz more is always better.
    it does seem a bit strange.

why wouldn't you just make the SFS good (i.e. 25k max, whack some conference rooms in there + build a hotel where all the admin buildings are at the site now i.e. what Inglis & Sofitel did at Warwick Farm - there's your constant revenue stream) and get the SCG trust to kick the tin, they can run the joint, get some cash out of it and maintain it moving ahead, which the govt should build into the contract for it.

the plans (i.e. knock down rebuild) as they are now are pretty bad - but there is a case for fixing the joint up. (the SFS, not ANZ)

people ask where the crowds are...they're not going because it's a deadset dump that's a pain in the arse to get to. the light rail will defo improve attendance, imo. then people will complain about the quality of the stadium and it's amenities, and here we go again...

the argument that all the codes should foot the bill doesn't really wash with me. 1 - how are you going to get them to all get along, and 2 - it's not their land in the first place. it belongs to the state, with the trust administering it, right?

wouldn't a big whopping privately funded stadium kind of go in the face of all that? jeez it would be funny though.
    Last edited by q-money; 01-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basra_Sports_City

how embarrassing for the state of NSW ffs

Basra having been bombed back to the stone age umpteen times in the past fifty years and they still have a better ground than the SFS lol, for a quarter of the cost