Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Jesmond did well to come back from 3-0 down I'd also say they did well to finish with full 11 on pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Cascaroli with a rocket into the top corner from 20 yards to make it 4
    Can't wait to see him at work on Mon and tell him he jagged it lol

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Draw is done its rigged

Buds V Edgy at 10

Magic V West Wallsend at 12
    lets get ready to rumblllllllle.
    3 2 1

Edgeworth defeated Adamstown 3-0

Magic defeated West Wallsend 13-0 (yes that says thirteen)

Glad I didn't go back today. Yesterday's matches were all very enjoyable.

I would have gotten very bored (being a neutral) with that cricket score

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Glad I didn't go back today. Yesterday's matches were all very enjoyable.

I would have gotten very bored (being a neutral) with that cricket score
    It probably wasn't any different to the game last night against Armidale, except without the terrible finishing/decent keeping/woodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Edgeworth defeated Adamstown 3-0

Magic defeated West Wallsend 13-0 (yes that says thirteen)
    So Magic were understrength then?

bit embarrassing, maybe nnswf will put all teams in the hat next time

Magic had a full strength team, didn't look like they left second gear though, boring game.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Agreed. This was always going to happen when nnsw continually rig the draw to make sure clubs from the lower divisions make it through to the quarter finals. Either only bring the npl clubs in for the last 2 rounds or just put everyone in the magical hat and anyone can draw anyone from round 1

Agreed FR these last 2 days if you haven't already played an NPL team maybe you shouldn't be there. This would also make sure Northern will be represented by the best 2 teams.

They did this the first year, and it was absolutely unreal.

The year after, they gave free entry but claimed that the rigged fixture system was why more teams entered the competition.

They created their own bs story to cover up what was an exciting and great part of what was the State/Solo Cup - being the random draw, the glory of a cup competition, etc. Speak to any of the guys from the Muswellbrook/Weston game from years back and they'll tell you how great it was.

All teams in a hat from the first round, give it a try and see how it goes! Also, get someone not tied in with Magic to draw it out
    OK

Official Westfield FFA Cup hashtag says it all.... #Magicofthecup

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    It probably wasn't any different to the game last night against Armidale, except without the terrible finishing/decent keeping/woodwork.
    Yeh, I left about 15 mins into the second half of that match as well. For the same reasons

May also have something to do with playing back to back days. I would imagine NBN would have superior fitness to be able to cope, Westy went to penalties the day before (high emotional & physical toll) whilst Magic had (from all reports) a training run.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    May also have something to do with playing back to back days. I would imagine NBN would have superior fitness to be able to cope, Westy went to penalties the day before (high emotional & physical toll) whilst Magic had (from all reports) a training run.
    c,mon mate,
    regardless, the scoreline would have been the same.
    any top nbn team would have done the same thing to westy yesterday unfortunatly. thats why the are bottom half of newfm.
    get out of your bubble

I'm not saying Westy would not have lost & lost well, just the scoreline may have been closer.

Its a cup competition... David vs goliath... even though we expect David to give Goliath a run for his money, usually Goliath teaches David a devastating lesson, thats life, its a jungle out there.

To keep the integrity of the competition and to ensure maximum participants from our region all teams need to be able to reach the stage Westy and Jesmond did, this years qualification run has been a huge success for those clubs.

And to think otherwise would not be in the spirit of the game, whats next, opposition (lower division opponent) picks starting lineups for NPL teams? NPL teams come in last round? NPL teams play with only 9 men?

Sometimes the facts hurt but thats reality; Magic U22's comprehensively beat Northern Inlands best and West Wallsend struggled against 4th Division opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Its a cup competition... David vs goliath... even
    though we expect David to give Goliath a run for his money, usually Goliath teaches David a devastating lesson, thats life, its a jungle out there.

To keep the integrity of the competition and to ensure maximum participants from our region all teams need to be able to reach the stage Westy and Jesmond did, this years qualification run has been a huge success for those clubs.

And to think otherwise would not be in the spirit of the game, whats next, opposition (lower division opponent) picks starting lineups for NPL teams? NPL teams come in last round? NPL teams play with only 9 men?

Sometimes the facts hurt but thats reality; Magic U22's comprehensively beat Northern Inlands best and West Wallsend struggled against 4th Division opponents.
    And hopefully magic's first win in a month, agaisnt weaker teams from lower divisions,will help kick start their season. Because they have struggled against fellow NPL clubs in recent times. But hey sometimes the facts hurt Magician but thats reality. From what I watched over the weekend I think magic could be headed for their 4th NPL loss on the trot against the high flying eagles this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    And hopefully magic's first win in a month, agaisnt weaker teams from lower divisions,will help kick start their season. Because they have struggled against fellow NPL clubs in recent times. But hey sometimes the facts hurt Magician but thats reality. From what I watched over the weekend I think magic could be headed for their 4th NPL loss on the trot against the high flying eagles this weekend.
    No one is disputing the facts or trying to hide anything, yes we are not in the best form... but the facts are the facts.. last time magic played edgeworth it was quite the match... but we will sure will find out after this weekend