Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    No Bobby
    Can you text me updates tomorrow. I'll only see the first 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Can you text me updates tomorrow. I'll only see the first 30 mins.
    To easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Big win for Kotara 4-3 Garden Suburb off to play Jaffas next round

Like predicted, 2 upsets to start the weekend. Kortara over GS and Azzuri over Barnsley.

Azzuri controlled the game early and scored. Barnsley then took control of the game and really looked like they were going to do it reasonably easy until one of their players got sent off for swearing around 20 minutes (the guy should be embarrassed, the kind of thing that doesn't belong in football) and then the game evened right up. Barnsley had good periods a man down but Azzuri really controlled most of it. They hit the post a few times and eventually got the goals to get them home.

If I were Azzuri I'd take a lot of confidence out of it, struggled a bit up front though. If I were Barnsley I wouldn't be too down about the loss. They looked really good for the 15 minutes or so before they went a man down.

Great start to the weekend! Bring on more football!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Suburbs to win comfortably, have signed well and will be a force all 3 grades this season, be aware of the kingfishers
    They never looked comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Big win for Kotara 4-3 Garden Suburb off to play Jaffas next round
    Pretty gutted is an understatment.

Congratulations to Kotara, they played some decent football and stayed in the game when it could have got away from them.
    Kotara started strong and controlled the first 15-20 minutes, Suburb scored on the counter and the game opened up. From there Suburb got into the game and pressed for the second after a really decent passage of Football. 2-0 up and Suburb were looking comfortable before Kotara scored against the run of play but none the less still a deserved goal 5 minutes before H/T.
    Second half started much like the first and Kotara soon equalized, it kick Suburb into gear and it didn't take long before Suburb lead again. At 3-2 up Suburb were looking dangerous and it seemed like just a matter of time before Suburb will score agian. However a defensive error lead to a rash tackle from the Suburb CB who deservedly received his second yellow around the 60-65th minute mark. Kotara didn't take long to capitalize and soon equalized to make it 3-3, not long after that Kotara then scored from a Corner to take the lead. The game open up towards the end with Suburb pushing for an equalizer, it never came and Kotara seen off the pressure to win the game.

Disappointed with the result but take no credit away from Kotara they played well and all the best to you boys next weekend.
    Last edited by Premy; 20-02-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

More Results: Simba were dominant and beat Williamtown 8-1 and Wallsend were pretty decent in a 6-0 win over Maryland-Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    More Results: Simba were dominant and beat Williamtown 9-1 and Wallsend were pretty decent in a 6-0 win over Maryland-Fletcher.
    Fixed: Twatter said 9
    Anyway, you can reverse that for Rnd 2. Simba 0 v Maitland 9

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Fixed: Twatter said 9
    Anyway, you can reverse that for Rnd 2. Simba 0 v Maitland 9
    Just realised when Northern handed me team sheets. I was over the other field and missed the goal

Would hate to be playing the 4oclock game. It was hot enough this morning. Think I'll give the arvo games a miss today and watch all games tomorrow. Cold beer is just too tempting!

Terrace 4 - 1 Westlakes

Cessnock 1 - 1 Southy. Southy through on penalties.

Mbk 2, Dudley United 1. Not a bad hitout for a first run, really should have won but well done to MBK. Good luck to them v edgie next week. Was there really any winner today? Why are NPL teams in so early?

Why the fark did terrace fluff around in L2 so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Why the fark did terrace fluff around in L2 so long?
    Basically due to numbers and having to earn our way back up, at the end of the 2013 season we finished 4th in league 1, the coach at the time was told players were not returning for 2014 season so decision was made to apply for league 2.
    2014 Bero were minor premiers and earned promotion. Stocks and Charlie applied for league one and were accepted, I don't believe our club applied. We took out the grand final over Olympic and prepared for next season.
    Start of 2015 we had plenty of numbers back and had a great season taking out the minor and major earning promotion back to league one this season.
    So far numbers looking ok, have picked up some handy players from close by and looking forward to mixing it with the league 1 teams again this year

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Would hate to be playing the 4oclock game. It was hot enough this morning. Think I'll give the arvo games a miss today and watch all games tomorrow. Cold beer is just too tempting!
    3pm game for us was bloody hot, was surprised no drink breaks throughout the game, could have done with a few other than half time ��

Is the next round next week?

Quote Originally Posted by cymonster View Post
    Is the next round next week?
    I believe so, held at NPL grounds, hopefully Sunday games

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    I believe so, held at NPL grounds, hopefully Sunday games
    Will be on Saturday at Magic, Lambton, Maitland, Lakes and Charlestown.

Just to add to this I know that all five respective teams above will be hosting their Round 2 tie and I know that Cooks Hill/Dudley v Medowie/Mayfield will be at Magic Park. The Magic Park kickoff times are 3pm, 5pm and 7pm. Jaffas times are 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Can't remember the others. Good to see the games get spread round but would have prefered some games on both days.
    Last edited by NewyTy; 20-02-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Good to see magic getting to host games, nothing like sharing it around