Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Went and had a look at the Magic V Weston game on Friday night.. Magic looked like they are slowly getting their groove back with a pretty convincing first half performance. Looked solid and organised defensively with Casciaroli doing a good job just infront of the back 4. Spread the ball well and where creating regular chances out wide mainly through Pettit and Virgilli.
    Second half was slightly more even with Weston on top for about 10 to 15 minutes. James Monie did well holding the ball up and getting some second phase play happening for the Bears. Thought Cowburn created a few chances in the second half as well. Hearfield got the goal for Weston with a tidy finish but was due to an error playing out from the back by Piddington. Hearfield looked like he was more interested in trying to put some big tackles on and at times was having some fairly heated words with his own team mates, wasn't exactly a good look. Weston look like they have a good mix of youth and senior boys with a couple of handy, sharp young boys doing well.
    Overall was a good hit out for both teams I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchAndPlay View Post
    Went and had a look at the Magic V Weston game on Friday night.. Magic looked like they are slowly getting their groove back with a pretty convincing first half performance. Looked solid and organised defensively with Casciaroli doing a good job just infront of the back 4. Spread the ball well and where creating regular chances out wide mainly through Pettit and Virgilli.
    Second half was slightly more even with Weston on top for about 10 to 15 minutes. James Monie did well holding the ball up and getting some second phase play happening for the Bears. Thought Cowburn created a few chances in the second half as well. Hearfield got the goal for Weston with a tidy finish but was due to an error playing out from the back by Piddington. Hearfield looked like he was more interested in trying to put some big tackles on and at times was having some fairly heated words with his own team mates, wasn't exactly a good look. Weston look like they have a good mix of youth and senior boys with a couple of handy, sharp young boys doing well.
    second game i watched magic play this year.
    a lot better performance then the bulli game but still feel they have plenty of more improvment.
    what i did notice the bench for magic was immence,with more to come in.
    they had Finlayson,Berlin,Fletcher,Kantarovski,Barber, with Bradbury and Higgins also to come back from pre-seaon niggles.
    will be very interesting when the 3 sub rule comes ahead this weekend at ffa cup..

Quote Originally Posted by TouchAndPlay View Post
    Yes... heard Troy's tirade towards his team-mates, poor form from a player who's experience should make him a leader and positive influence on the park, especially the remarks to the more experienced Weston players like Robbie Turnbull who wouldn't hurt a fly... Weston bench didnt take it too seriously though.

Magic
    Jaffas
    Olympic
    Maitland
    Weston
    Charlestown
    Edgeworth
    Adamstown
    Jets
    Southy

Jaffas
    Adamstown
    Magic
    Maitland
    Weston
    Edgeworth
    Olympic
    Jets
    Azzuri
    Southy

Banned
    I am looking forward to Maitland not living up to the hype you blokes have put on them and reminding a few of you of your predictions

Huge difference between thumping shit teams in New FM and getting the biscuits in NBN

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am looking forward to Maitland not living up to the hype you blokes have put on them and reminding a few of you of your predictions

Huge difference between thumping shit teams in New FM and getting the biscuits in NBN
    F*ck you are such a negative c*nt. My prediction is soley based on the players bought in along with the strong players who have NBN experience.
    You are just upset that most people have written off your little cum drop FR and his Southy boys.

Back on your boat buddy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    F*ck you are such a negative c*nt. My prediction is soley based on the players bought in along with the strong players who have NBN experience.
    You are just upset that most people have written off your little cum drop FR and his Southy boys.
    Glad you took such offence it just makes my opinion that you are insecure grow.

My comment was not directed at you at all but at everyone who wishes to blow smoke up Maitlands arse.

As for Southy where was I blowing off FR??
    I am of the opinion Southy will not finish last at all. They are a dogged bunch who get their share of results regardless of how much people write them off.

Tbh I think Azzurri and Southy will struggle out of the NPL sides from last year. People will think Maitland will struggle because they just got promoted, same thing was said of Jaffas and ATown over the past few years.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Tbh I think Azzurri and Southy will struggle out of the NPL sides from last year. People will think Maitland will struggle because they just got promoted, same thing was said of Jaffas and ATown over the past few years.
    I think you may be off the mark as far as Azzuri is concerned.I am of the same opinion as MKFS in as much as saying teams like Azzuri & Southy have maintained roughly the same squads with generally strengthening in certain areas & are perennial participants in NBN Comp.I also agree that (as I have previously stated)people are going off way too early in predicting tables,why don't you predict how much the climate will change over the next 100 years,you might be closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    I think you may be off the mark as far as Azzuri is concerned.I am of the same opinion as MKFS in as much as saying teams like Azzuri & Southy have maintained roughly the same squads with generally strengthening in certain areas & are perennial participants in NBN Comp.I also agree that (as I have previously stated)people are going off way too early in predicting tables,why don't you predict how much the climate will change over the next 100 years,you might be closer!
    Agreed. This time last year who would have tipped Broadmeadow to come 9th

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    Tom Waterhouse
    Move this to the "what grinds my gears" thread please.

I could well be, only reason I was saying those two was that I really haven't heard much about who they've recruited. Most of the other clubs I can name at least 1-2 big signings for them, I can't for those two. Plus you hear stuff about Azzurri (whether or not it's true, I don't know), but it's not the stuff you hear coming from successful clubs.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I could well be, only reason I was saying those two was that I really haven't heard much about who they've recruited. Most of the other clubs I can name at least 1-2 big signings for them, I can't for those two. Plus you hear stuff about Azzurri (whether or not it's true, I don't know), but it's not the stuff you hear coming from successful clubs.
    Maybe clubs like Azzuri are keeping their powder dry so to speak & aren't too worried about who has signed who.We'll see how they stack up in a couple of weeks when they play Maitland.anyway I always thought a champion team would beat a team of champions,not that I'm suggesting for one minute Azzuri are a champion team,they have issues as I'm sure all sides have.Will a team that has been together for a long while & appeared in finals twice in three years do ok?I think so,look at Weston.

Wouldn't be surprised if siege mentality of Southy Nd azzurri gets them through the season.
    I hope it does.

But should these teams that are just aiming to "get through" really be there. Like kudos to magic, and now jaffas and even Maitland and Adamstown for aiming high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if siege mentality of Southy Nd azzurri gets them through the season.
    I hope it does.

But should these teams that are just aiming to "get through" really be there. Like kudos to magic, and now jaffas and even Maitland and Adamstown for aiming high.
    I dare say Azzuri aren't hoping to just make up the numbers,I know they are quietly confident of doing better than last season.Just because no one has posted player movements in regards to them doesn't mean they've been inactive.When you lose players such as Goldman,Hearfield & Maguire they need to be replaced.Dont worry about Azzuri they'll do ok.

Banned
    I dare say Azzuri aren't hoping to just make up the numbers,I know they are quietly confident of doing better than last season.Just because no one has posted player movements in regards to them doesn't mean they've been inactive.When you lose players such as Goldman,Hearfield & Maguire they need to be replaced.Dont worry about Azzuri they'll do ok.
    A side with the firepower of Goodchild and Smith should never be written off.

On that how is Goodchild??

Has he fully recovered from the head injury he got last year and right for round one???

Has he fully recovered from the head injury he got last year and right for round one???
    Stop worrying, they'll be alright

There's always something wrong with Goodys head,just watch him play!Seriously though both him & Smithy will be there along with Daniel Bird who finally gets to play his best position this year.In all honesty if Birdy had played no.10 last year nobody would have spoken about Connor Evans.