Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Majestic Swan View Post
    Former NRL front row forward Mark O'Meley made an appearance in goals for reserve grade and also former Newcastle Jet Zenon Caravella was given run in first grade were he scored suburbs only goal of the game....
    Hahahaha Brilliant..
    Not wanting to inflate Premy/Zenon's head any more, but I heard it was a corker of a goal..

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Good to see gardos 1st graders getting the job done in reserve grade ����

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Good to see gardos 1st graders getting the job done in reserve grade 👍🏻
    Thanks for the compliment, I'm sure the Reserve grade boys will love being called first grade quality.

Fact is, there were zero "first grade" Garden Suburb boys in the reserves team. Garden Suburb boys turned up, Swansea didn't.

Score line should've been 6-7, if the boys didn't get complacent with their 4-0 lead.

with all the recent talk about the non-promotion from this league is there still relegation as clearly Barnsley are miles behind everyone else in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Beachedas View Post
    with all the recent talk about the non-promotion from this league is there still relegation as clearly Barnsley are miles behind everyone else in the league
    From what I've heard Morisset are coming up so would have to assume Barnsley will be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachedas View Post
    I would think if Beresfield don't get promoted, word on the street is its already been rejected(?), then NNSW could either, promote someone from ZPL who meet the criteria to New-FM (No relegation for New-FM this year, to make it a 12 team comp next year). Then promote Morrisett who are Minor Premiers in ZL1, relegate Barnsley then continue down the leagues.

If a team from ZPL doesn't go to New-FM, then it gets messy, moving a team up from ZL1 to New-FM, promoting another team (Kotara are Club Champions in ZL1, could come up to ZPL) then relegate Barnesley.. Or not relegate anyone from ZPL at all this year.. but I doubt that would happen..
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 03-08-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I would think if Beresfield don't get promoted, word on the street is its already been rejected(?), then NNSW could either, promote someone from ZPL who meet the criteria to New-FM (No relegation for New-FM this year, to make it a 12 team comp next year). Then promote Morrisett who are Minor Premiers in ZL1, relegate Barnesley then continue down the leagues.

If a team from ZPL doesn't go to New-FM, then it gets messy, moving a team up from ZL1 to New-FM, promoting another team (Kotara are Club Champions in ZL1, could come up to ZPL) then relegate Barnesley.. Or not relegate anyone from ZPL at all this year.. but I doubt that would happen..
    I was told by Northern last week that there would be no promotion from ZPL to NewFM this season. They didn't say anything else. They might relegate a NewFM team to make it 10 teams but no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I was told by Northern last week that there would be no promotion from ZPL to NewFM this season. They didn't say anything else. They might relegate a NewFM team to make it 10 teams but no idea.
    Then they would have to relegate two teams from ZPL to ZL1, if Morrisett do come up, which I would expect they would..

That would mean Garden Suburb go down, being second last on the ladder. I doubt they'd move New-FM from 11 teams to 10, then make ZPL an 11 team comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Then they would have to relegate two teams from ZPL to ZL1, if Morisset do come up, which I would expect they would..

That would mean Garden Suburb go down, being second last on the ladder. I doubt they'd move New-FM from 11 teams to 10, then make ZPL an 11 team comp.
    No promotion from ZPL, but perhaps a promotion from ZPL1?? As have said previously, I know Mo-town are doing all they can to get their facilities/ground up to match their on-field results, in an attempt to get to NEWFM asap..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    No promotion from ZPL, but perhaps a promotion from ZPL1?? As have said previously, I know Mo-town are doing all they can to get their facilities/ground up to match their on-field results, in an attempt to get to NEWFM asap..
    Yeah I've taken that into consideration above. Just going through the options, which are all pure speculation, other than NewyTy confirming no team from ZPL will be promoted.

Morri to New-FM. No relegation from New-FM to make it 12 teams.
    2nd place ZL1 / Club Champions ZL1 promoted to ZPL.
    Barnsley relegated to ZL1 / No relegation in ZPL. (therefor no other promotion from ZL1, as per above)

Then normal prototion/relegation in the lower leagues.

Is it really fair to relegate last in ZPL for the team that comes 2nd in the grade below if for some reason Morri do go to NEWFM?
    I mean, last does deserve to be relegated but is that cancelled out by the fact that 2nd place doesn't deserve promotion?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

This is Newcastle football, anything could happen....

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    This is Newcastle football, anything could happen....
    My favorite word............."Shemozzle" !

I would assume that they will wait until the winner from ZPL is ready to step up, and then promote the winner from every grade below without any relegation.
    That way they have a 12 team NewFM and stick to even teams in the Zone leagues. If a team can't move up from the lower grades either take 2nd place up or have a season with a bye until someone is ready.
    I wouldn't be suprised if Morri just go up to ZPL next year and wait to earn NewFM promotion. Which they look like they could do, they have a very strong team this year without a couple key players for the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Given the uneven competitions in NewFM and then right down the bottom in ZF3, I would assume there would be a few weird movements to try and even all of the competitions up.
    That and in every competition except NewFM there has been a weird gap where some teams are just out of touch with the rest in the league.
    Barnsley in ZPL, Westlakes in ZF1, Kuuri, Mussy, Tenambit in ZF2 and then the domination of Wallsend, New Lambton and Dudley in ZF3

Only issue will always be that one of having to field 3 teams instead of 2 once you move from ZF2 to ZF1.
    Player retention is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Given the uneven competitions in NewFM and then right down the bottom in ZF3, I would assume there would be a few weird movements to try and even all of the competitions up.
    That and in every competition except NewFM there has been a weird gap where some teams are just out of touch with the rest in the league.
    Barnsley in ZPL, Westlakes in ZF1, Kuuri, Mussy, Tenambit in ZF2 and then the domination of Wallsend, New Lambton and Dudley in ZF3

Only issue will always be that one of having to field 3 teams instead of 2 once you move from ZF2 to ZF1.
    Player retention is a bitch
    Convincing a reasonable A/A team to join your 2 team squad shouldn't be that hard. Try to get as many kids coming out of your junior football teams to join them and that would be competitive with most ZP1 3rd grade teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Just reading all this promotion and relegation talk I will throw in my input. From conversations with the ZPL bossman and NNSW I have had (as a club official) over the past 10 years or so there will never be any promotion or relegation between the elite NNSW comps & the ZPL competitions. The only way any club can get into the NNSW competitions is via application which is how Kahibah, Cooks Hill & Wallsend got into the NEWFM comp. All ZPL & junior clubs were emailed by NNSW asking for expressions of interest to enter the NEWFM comp last year. As for relegation from NNSW comps if a club is punted from the NNSW comps if they wish to enter the ZPL comps they must apply as all ZPL clubs have to do each season. So as for all this talk re Bero or Morri going to NEWFM will only happen it they apply and they are accepted. Until all ZPL teams meet criteria set by NNSW for their competitions i can't see any promotion or relegation between the comps in the near future.

That's been our major problem in Mussy for years unfortunately. This year has just been a very down year for the whole club. Hopefully a couple of the Juniors can make the semi's and help us save some face.

We had player losses due to movements/injury/work/whatever, so the average age for the entire 1st/Ressie squad was only about 23.
    35's couldn't field a whole team all season, and the next closest age group is U15's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Just reading all this promotion and relegation talk I will throw in my input. From conversations with the ZPL bossman and NNSW I have had (as a club official) over the past 10 years or so there will never be any promotion or relegation between the elite NNSW comps & the ZPL competitions. The only way any club can get into the NNSW competitions is via application which is how Kahibah, Cooks Hill & Wallsend got into the NEWFM comp. All ZPL & junior clubs were emailed by NNSW asking for expressions of interest to enter the NEWFM comp last year. As for relegation from NNSW comps if a club is punted from the NNSW comps if they wish to enter the ZPL comps they must apply as all ZPL clubs have to do each season. So as for all this talk re Bero or Morri going to NEWFM will only happen it they apply and they are accepted. Until all ZPL teams meet criteria set by NNSW for their competitions i can't see any promotion or relegation between the comps in the near future.
    This is exactly it. There is no promotion or relegation between NEWFM and ZPL and there never has been. Teams have joined NEWFM from the ZPL competition, but it hasn't been based on results, it is based on an application process so the term promotion is incorrect.

we could all start by updating the pulse website with scores, getting that right might lead to bigger and better things..........

As said earlier if you haven't applied you wont go up, simple as that, but then again it is Northern we are talking about....

Obviously the application doesn't take into account the quality of the playing surface then..... Surprising...as its probably the most important detail....