Grand final predictions now?

First grade: Beresfield v Suns
    Reserves: Uni v Dudley
    Thirds: Uni v Beresfield
    It's football, not s***er!!

Fair call !

GF Predictions...

I dont think Beresfield will make the GF.............. . Cardiff v Suns

Reserves.......................................... .............. Uni V Dudley

Thirds............................................ ................. Uni V Beresfield

I think Uni thirds will have to play much better than last weekend to get there though...Dudley are always tough in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    Fair call !

GF Predictions...

I dont think Beresfield will make the GF.............. . Cardiff v Suns

Reserves.......................................... .............. Uni V Dudley

Thirds............................................ ................. Uni V Beresfield

I think Uni thirds will have to play much better than last weekend to get there though...Dudley are always tough in the finals.
    Last year we played Bero in the semis and won the first leg at Bero 2-1. We then got smashed 4-0 at home in the second leg. In first grade I wouldn't be ruling out either Bero or Swansea at this stage, I don't think there are any favourites.
    Last edited by Lofty; 01-09-2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: We won 2-1, not 1-0 in first leg.

Yeah that's the funny thing with finals and predictions...you just never know....Beresfield deserve to be there for sure...but I just get a feeling that Cardiff will pip them.....happy to be wrong though !!

Yeah that's the funny thing with finals and predictions...you just never know....Beresfield deserve to be there for sure...but I just get a feeling that Cardiff will pip them.....happy to be wrong though !!
    And I'd be happy if you're right!

Anyone having a whinge about so called "stacked" Teams; There are rules, its stipulated you can stack your bench. You would be STUPID not too. But if they want to make 2 subs in the first minute they can easily fall on their sword, Injuries can be a dangerous thing when you have 1 sub left for 79mins! As long as they're abiding by the rules stick your moral compasses right up your rear ends!

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    Anyone having a whinge about so called "stacked" Teams; There are rules, its stipulated you can stack your bench. You would be STUPID not too. But if they want to make 2 subs in the first minute they can easily fall on their sword, Injuries can be a dangerous thing when you have 1 sub left for 79mins! As long as they're abiding by the rules stick your moral compasses right up your rear ends!
    its unlimited subs in thirds...

That's the beauty of forums.....you get everyone's viewpoint !

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    its unlimited subs in thirds...
    Third grade... who cares, everyone can do the exact same... my point still stands, you're stupid if you don't use the rules to an advantage!

EDIT: Neither Uni or Dudley made First grade made Semis... They can both have 4 first graders on the bench, If it's the moral compass holding them back that's their issue.
    Last edited by NWM; 01-09-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Third grade... who cares, everyone can do the exact same... my point still stands, you're stupid if you don't use the rules to an advantage!

EDIT: Neither Uni or Dudley made First grade made Semis... They can both have 4 first graders on the bench, If it's the moral compass holding them back that's their issue.
    I am not so sure that's true........Wasn't there something written about a 66% rule ? IE you must have played 66% of games in that team to be eligible to play... I may be wrong but its been talked about before on this forum.

Cheers

I am not so sure that's true........Wasn't there something written about a 66% rule ? IE you must have played 66% of games in that team to be eligible to play... I may be wrong but its been talked about before on this forum.

Cheers
    Its 66% to START I believe. Anyone can come off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Its 66% to START I believe. Anyone can come off the bench.
    E 51 FINAL SERIES PLAYER ELIGIBILITY

(a) The eligibility of a Player to play for a Reserve or Third Grade in a Finals Series
    Match shall be determined by the Regulation that each Player competing in
    that Grade must have been listed in the starting eleven (11) of that Grade for
    not less than sixty-six percent (66%) of the Official Fixtures Draw Matches for
    the Competition Season in which that Grade has competed (designated
    Goalkeepers exempt). Any Player who plays for a Reserve or Third Grade Team
    in a Finals Series Match without meeting the 66% requirement will be deemed
    an Ineligible Player for that Grade and the appropriate Regulations shall be
    applied.

Each Club will be responsible for determining the eligibility of its Registered
    ZFL Players and must maintain a system of tracking each of its Players for the
    full Competition Season by recording from Team Match Sheets the Players in
    the starting eleven (11) for each Grade for each Competition Match; this will
    allow the Club to list Players who qualify for each Grade by meeting the 66%
    requirement. It is anticipated that FoxSP will have a program that will permit
    this tracking to be done.

Another interesting one....

(c) A Player can only be in the starting eleven (11) Players in one (1) Semi-Final, one (1)
    Final and one (1) Grand Final in any one year (with the exception of designated
    Goalkeepers).

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Excellent work magician...cheers for that !

As previously discussed though...ref's aren't responsible for monitoring it, that leaves the association..I wonder if the association ever does an audit !

Maybe it should be a system whereby the club has to submit teams lists to the association (that meet the criteria) prior to the finals series.

After all its up to the clubs to keep track of eligibility.... (and I wonder how many clubs could actually do it ?!)

What about if a player misses 40% of the season through injury?

As previously discussed though...ref's aren't responsible for monitoring it, that leaves the association..I wonder if the association ever does an audit !

Maybe it should be a system whereby the club has to submit teams lists to the association (that meet the criteria) prior to the finals series.

After all its up to the clubs to keep track of eligibility.... (and I wonder how many clubs could actually do it ?!)
    An audit would only happen if a club made an official complaint backed up with evidence... In either case association would just say its only 3rd/4th division football... game has been played, not replaying... get over it...

I know Suns were asking for advice last year about Jesmond players playing under different names, and even evidence of the same player registered under 2 names.... even with evidence provided nothing happened.

im sure that 66% rule has unintentionally been broken by most club s
    players can changes grades over the course of the year several times
    if a players plays the first half of the year in ressies, gets dropped to thirds plays 9 straight game for thirds the rules say he cant play for thirds in the finals...
    didn't the rules used to be you had play last 3 out of 5 games for the particular grade you were playing for??

Cookers can and have been able to do it since 2011...
    News flash!!! It's the 21st century peeps! Get copies after the game. It's your right AND if your into crossing t's and dotting lower case j's, it's morally your obligation.

E33
    TEAM SHEETS
    (b) The Home Club shallprepare (or have prepared by the Zone Association) an ORIGINAL Official Team Sheet
    and may prepare a DUPLICATE copy at the same time, if the Club desires. The Duplicate copy shall be retained by the Club; the
    ORIGINAL MUST BE SUBMITTED.
    My dinky OfficeJerks scanner aside, just about every WankPhone camera has good enough resolution to
    get a copy to draw stats from. In NewFM this season, if I couldn't get there, Ty nabbed them for me on his tablet thingie. (Tnx again Ty!)
    No excuses anymore. Just do it...

if a players plays the first half of the year in ressies, gets dropped to thirds plays 9 straight game for thirds the rules say he cant play for thirds in the finals...
    didn't the rules used to be you had play last 3 out of 5 games for the particular grade you were playing for??
    This has been discussed with the boss man and I think it has been discussed in other ZL threads. While I still don't believe it is clear, the 66% is intended to be an exclusion rule, rather than an inclusion rule. Ie, if you start greater than 66% of games in firsts (13/18) you are excluded from starting semis for res or 3rds, and likewise for ressies players excluded from 3rds.

Effectively clubs need to record all the players' starting/sub grade each week. It then becomes a simple task come semis time.

Was 4 out of the last 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    This has been discussed with the boss man and I think it has been discussed in other ZL threads. While I still don't believe it is clear, the 66% is intended to be an exclusion rule, rather than an inclusion rule. Ie, if you start greater than 66% of games in firsts (13/18) you are excluded from starting semis for res or 3rds, and likewise for ressies players excluded from 3rds.

Effectively clubs need to record all the players' starting/sub grade each week. It then becomes a simple task come semis time.
    It's interesting that NewFM (and I suspect NPL) has a mix of the rules:-

6. ELIGIBLE PLAYER FOR FINAL SERIES - Ref Regulation 6.5
    Subject to any disciplinary restriction, a player is eligible player to compete in his team's final series fixtures as per below;
    In a division/league competition a player who has played in four (4) fixtures out of his last six (6) fixtures in 23’s, 19’s or 17’s grades (provided that he has not been named in the starting line up for a higher grade for that round) during the premiership competition is eligible to play in the respective 23’s, 19’s or 17’s grades in the final series competition. Clubs may seek special dispensation no later than Wednesday before the final series fixture for a player who has participated in a minimum of 66% of his games in a lower grade competition. The above rule is not applicable whilst all grades are still participating in the finals series.