Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    any scores from Merewether v Uni last night?
    'Wethers down in both grades:
    Firsts: 0-2
    Reserves: 1-2

Cheers to the Mussy boys for as always being a top opposition and bunch of blokes to have a beer with after.
    Makes the trip out there much more worth it!

Uni vs Terrace
    1st 0-3
    Res 2-0

Uni vs Terrace
    1st 0-3
    Res 2-0
    Uni were very sharp and threw everything at us early. Very talented football team right across the park. If it was a game scored on possession uni would of won i'd have to say. Patience was a big factor in this game , after seeing hardly any ball in the first half it was a gutsy effort to hold shape and go on with it. Might be a tough one next week with both forwards coming off late with suspected broken ribs and broken foot.
    P.S big fella with black hair in the middle of the park for uni was quality all game.

Merewether vs tenambit
    Reserves: 1-0. First half penalty the difference.
    Firsts: 4-0. Cross floating in early and three towards the end to finish the game off.
    Refs pretty ordinary both games and we probably got the better of the decisions.

any reports on Hamilton vs Medowie?

any reports on Hamilton vs Medowie?
    Saw a comment on newy sport Facebook page with Hamilton 5-0 over Medowie..

Hamilton v medowie 1st 5-0 hammo Reserves 6-0 hammo

Quote Originally Posted by XRanger View Post
    Uni were very sharp and threw everything at us early. Very talented football team right across the park. If it was a game scored on possession uni would of won i'd have to say. Patience was a big factor in this game , after seeing hardly any ball in the first half it was a gutsy effort to hold shape and go on with it. Might be a tough one next week with both forwards coming off late with suspected broken ribs and broken foot.
    P.S big fella with black hair in the middle of the park for uni was quality all game.
    Can confirm my foot is broken. Rest up until the semis , hopefully it will mend. Minor premiership should be wrapped up in the next few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    Can confirm my foot is broken. Rest up until the semis , hopefully it will mend. Minor premiership should be wrapped up in the next few weeks!
    Not even a card given for the late challenge! Hopefully you return for the semi's. Maybe that trip to America slowed you up a bit? They wouldn't have gotten near you earlier in the season 😆

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    With you aswell mate, Can confirm Ribs are broken, let's hope we both pull up good with a rest over the next few weeks and the boys bring the season home..

From the UNI terrace match,
    One of the boys was wondering if any of you terrace fellas accidentally picked up a pair of prescription sunnies from in/around the canteen. I think he said they're oakleys, and needs them to drive.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Itsmuz View Post
    From the UNI terrace match,
    One of the boys was wondering if any of you terrace fellas accidentally picked up a pair of prescription sunnies from in/around the canteen. I think he said they're oakleys, and needs them to drive.
    Cheers
    I haven't heard from anyone about them but will ask around at training this week.

Not even a card given for the late challenge! Hopefully you return for the semi's. Maybe that trip to America slowed you up a bit? They wouldn't have gotten near you earlier in the season ��
    lol yeah that and old age have slowed me down a bit lately.

Maryland v Medowie

So reserve grade was the main event tonight...
    1-1, Maryland own goal deflection...
    Then they went on to score the equaliser off a bit of a dubious decision... Free kick 19 yards...
    But props to The bloke that put it away, top shot!! No hope of getting to it, through the wall, lightning pace, good hit...

First grade, well I'd rather not talk about it... 5-0 to the boys in maroon...
    The better team, everything just worked for them tonight...
    We didn't play bad,they just played better...
    So unless by stroke of some miracle, that's our finals hopes dashed...
    We gave it a go, had a good stint I'm the middle there, but it seems it was not to be this year... Again... Better result than last year though (gotta find a positive somewhere )
    So we're here to play some casual ball now, see what we can do, maybe an upset, who knows...
    But we still won't go down without a fight...

Muswellbrook vs Merewether is off today. Just found out off one of the referees before we took the bus up there.

So 15th august for rescheduled game Merewether vs Mussy?

Terrace V Kurri

Res-3-0 Terrace
    1st- 7-1 Terrace..

Quote Originally Posted by The Hive View Post
    Maryland v Medowie.
    Whats happened to the grass on that nice ground at Maryland? Whole lot is brown.

That cant just be from too much rain or traffic. And, how do clubs fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Whats happened to the grass on that nice ground at Maryland? Whole lot is brown.

That cant just be from too much rain or traffic. And, how do clubs fix this?
    Rain? It's on top of a hill ffs. And as for traffic, they call it out if it even threatens to sprinkle. If only they had a field with more than 2 grounds, but they were happy with just the 2 despite how many teams they have.....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out