Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup - AFC Qualifiers

I still expect Australia to qualify.

I still wish Tim Cahill would **** off.

and Robbie Cruse

and Milligan

and make Mark Jones coach.

also, keeper is better than that gypo prick.

Always has been.

Biraz should be his #2.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Anything less than a win on Tuesday will see us finish 3rd or worse
    That is correct. I can then pay fat chicks for butsecks
    Last edited by hawk; 11-11-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sky is falling apparently

If we win our 3 remaining home games we will qualify for the WC

If we get some more points we will still be in it

So hard to see what the carry on is
    Wow i hate to admit but i actually agree with the member. With 4 games left we have 3 at home. We should qualify comfortably still.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Honestly, we should be qualifying a bit easier than this.
    The game Vs Thailand was probably the biggest banana peel we have had so far. Conceding late doesn't help.
    I'm actually in a position to go next year, so i'm a bit more anxious about our qualification from that respect and would much prefer us get it done sooner rather than later.

Vs UAE - Need to win this to knock UAE out of contention really. Japan and Saudi will probably expect 3 points from their games. So lets assume gap will stay 3.
    Vs Saudi Arabia, a win will level us with them assuming they win. (Japan play @ Iraq)
    Vs Japan in japan, a win will level us with them assuming they will all matches (Saudi play @ UAE)
    Vs Thailand, Japan @ Saudi in the last round.

Best thing for us is that they play each other in the final round imo, and we play each of them. So our fate is definitely in our hands.

A draw in Iraq is a good result to be fair. Especially in wet weather. Play on

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    A draw in Iraq is a good result to be fair. Especially in wet weather. Play on
    Yeh not bad when we beat them in the first round. However, we would have expected to beat Thailand so that game last night was all of a sudden more critical. Not doom and gloom but you'd expect us to be top 2 at this stage in the process.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Honestly, we should be qualifying a bit easier than this.
    The game Vs Thailand was probably the biggest banana peel we have had so far. Conceding late doesn't help.
    I'm actually in a position to go next year, so i'm a bit more anxious about our qualification from that respect and would much prefer us get it done sooner rather than later.

Vs UAE - Need to win this to knock UAE out of contention really. Japan and Saudi will probably expect 3 points from their games. So lets assume gap will stay 3.
    Vs Saudi Arabia, a win will level us with them assuming they win. (Japan play @ Iraq)
    Vs Japan in japan, a win will level us with them assuming they will all matches (Saudi play @ UAE)
    Vs Thailand, Japan @ Saudi in the last round.

Best thing for us is that they play each other in the final round imo, and we play each of them. So our fate is definitely in our hands.
    Yes we should be qualifying easier than this but it actually a development thing.

So far we are still undefeated.

Why we struggling is we not picking up the wins on the road

Our draw though is now lopsided in our favour though.

A win v UAE and we are then left with a huge game v Saudi Arabia in Australia

Win that and we have them covered on Head to Head record in the event of a Tiebreaker scenario

That being said

Beating UAE Saudi Arabia and Thailand at home for a spot in the WC is a dream run

If we can't do it then we not need to be there anyway

I actually think it is a good thing we are having to work hard to qualify here.

Coasting along would do nothing for us in Russia

I actually think it is a good thing we are having to work hard to qualify here.

Coasting along would do nothing for us in Russia
    Agree again and I don't understand people who think its going to be easy. It has been proven time and time again these countries our guys travel to aren't easy to play at. We are unbeaten which is a positive, we are probably behind where we expect to be but its not an easy run, these teams are fast and often lift to play against us.
    Over in Australia though, it is a different story. If they fail to get 9 points from those 3 games they are under achieving and letting all football fans down.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Agree again and I don't understand people who think its going to be easy. It has been proven time and time again these countries our guys travel to aren't easy to play at. We are unbeaten which is a positive, we are probably behind where we expect to be but its not an easy run, these teams are fast and often lift to play against us.
    Over in Australia though, it is a different story. If they fail to get 9 points from those 3 games they are under achieving and letting all football fans down.
    You say that it isn't easy but then go on to say that we should win our 3 home games comfortably.. Travel aside I do believe all games are difficult however I believe we are below our expectations at this point. 4 points out of a possible 12 is below par. We need to lift.

Banned
    Basically win the 4 games at home V the lesser teams.
    We should do easy.

There is 12 points

Try and get something from our games v Japan/Korea

We can do that home and away

Pick something up on the road somewhere againt the lesser teams.

We are there.

Away you not need to win as draws work just as well taking points off your rival teams

Also none of the lesser teams outside the Top 4 are going to win 8 -10 games in WCQ anyway as they will drop points off one another somewhere
    Posted in April

Still fitting

Win at home and you go to a WC

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    You say that it isn't easy but then go on to say that we should win our 3 home games comfortably.. Travel aside I do believe all games are difficult however I believe we are below our expectations at this point. 4 points out of a possible 12 is below par. We need to lift.
    Purely going off our home record, we should win those games. It's not an easy qualifying route and i do agree that we are below par but i still think we will qualify.

Banned
    Thank Jesus that Ange has benched Robbie Kruse

About ****ing time

Mooy not even in squad

Troisi :S

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Mooy not even in squad
    Suspended too many yellows

Troisi honking

This was the game that was teeing up for Newcastle....doubt the crowd will be the 25000 we would probably have got.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Troisi honking
    Juric is even worse.

Thinks he Milos Trifunovic

Another Jedinak Masterclass.