Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Maidstone United it is.

Had 5 players on loan and 19 absolutely garbage players on day to day contracts. All punted. One of them was my best player though, so signed him to a permanent deal. Have another 8 garbage players and 3 okayish players coming up to end of contract in 3 days but am going to let all of them go. That will leave me with a bare bones squad of 15, four of those being youth, one who is my best AMC by a long margin and three who aren't great but look like decent prospects. So... 12 first team players, none of them a GK.

Will wait for the contract end date to roll around and then get stuck into some free transfers, see if I can't get us back into Vanarama National in a year. Worryingly, the expectation for next season is "don't get relegated"
    Gonna take any jets players with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Gonna take any jets players with you?
    Unlike real life Jets, there isn't a single player shit enough for Maidstone.

Maidstone United it is.

Had 5 players on loan and 19 absolutely garbage players on day to day contracts. All punted. One of them was my best player though, so signed him to a permanent deal. Have another 8 garbage players and 3 okayish players coming up to end of contract in 3 days but am going to let all of them go. That will leave me with a bare bones squad of 15, four of those being youth, one who is my best AMC by a long margin and three who aren't great but look like decent prospects. So... 12 first team players, none of them a GK.

Will wait for the contract end date to roll around and then get stuck into some free transfers, see if I can't get us back into Vanarama National in a year. Worryingly, the expectation for next season is "don't get relegated"
    One of my best players put in a transfer request saying he was too good for Vanarama South.
    Then the board accepted a takeover offer so embargo happened and all but one of my free acquisitions were still pondering offers. I got a Brazilian left winger in who was previously at a League 2 side and didn't play a game.
    Then the embargo got lifted, club is now owned by the fans, and I re-offered contracts to all of the ones I was after before. Missed out on a GK so will have to hunt down a few of those still.

Drew first match 2-2 against a team in Isthmian First Division South.

Pre-season done. 4-0 home win against Braintree, Vanarama National, 3-1 away win against Southern Counties side Bearsted and a 1-0 home loss to Coventry from League 2.

One of the decent looking prospects has gone off on loan, the right winger withdrew his transfer request and I picked up a decent GK on non-contract terms. Have loan bids out on a left back and centre back as they are the biggest weaknesses in my squad. Can't find a decent AMC anywhere so looks like the 16 year old gun (whose name is Gunn) has the starting spot.

Scratch that, got a decent looking AMC on loan from Dag & Red and a depth winger on loan from Stevenage. The DL and DC are both from Leyton Orient as well.

Squad sorted, I think. 26 players which should sort me out for the season barring horror injuries.
    Last edited by Grimario; 21-07-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Didn't lose my first game, a trip to Sutton United!

Didn't start as planned. Team is definitely not good enough for my possession style, was 2-0 down after an hour and included a missed penalty from both sides. Switched it to my "we are shit, let's ping it long" counter tactic and pulled both goals back to finish 2-2, aided a little by them having a player sent off.

Jets look good in pre-season under the guidance of Jose Manuel Mateo. He has them undefeated and without conceding, including a 3-0 drubbing of WSW in the FFA Cup. He's also got them scheduled on a tour of India...

Petermann was sold to Croatia and Curtis Good has gone out on loan to Dutch league. No other transfer rumours that I can see at the club.

Forgot how brutal the schedule was in England. Weekend and midweek games constantly. How our 27 games a year blokes are considered full time is a bit laughable.

Started the season with 4-1-1 record, 6 games in 21 days. Have a nice week off now before another 6 in 21 stretch which will only worsen if I win a cup tie or two.

My perl skills are way to limited to create a plugin like that myself. I searched a lot through thist forum and never found something useful. But there must be a few people who could use this - not only for audio dramas/radio dramas, but even more audiobooks.

So, the opening 5 games were 4-1 and the loss was my sixth. I've since gone winless with another loss and three draws in the league. Did smash some pub team in FA cup 2nd round qualifier though and have drawn another pub team in the next round.

My star right winger who requested a transfer and then withdrew it tore his ACL and is gone for season. Brought in Andy Roberts. Assume he is a dapper looking regen with a pony tail.

Stanny, just realised my other star player, Ghanian right back, is a former Chelsea youth captain and English youth captain... Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi

Since my last post about results, I have gone 9-3-1 including wins against Folkestone and Leatherhead in the FA Cup. I am into the second round proper with a tough ask facing L2 side Hartlepool. Last 3 games have all been dropped points though... including a 4-2 loss where my DR was sent in the 12th minute.

Have consecutive Saturday only games so few of my squad might get a chance to have a bit of a rest before FA Cup and FA Trophy games make it weekend and midweek games up to mid December.

And UK has just left EU. Not that that's really an issue with a non-league side with all my players being from UK.

Hey Grim you getting fm18?? All the new features look interesting
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Probably at some point, yeah. Not in any rush though.

This new Dynamics system is ****ed. Players always pissed at you and your captain wont step in and speak to them because he doesn't feel its his place.

Using Portsmouth. Currently 9th around 15 league games in league 1. Starting to win a few and squad holds a meeting saying ive lost the dressing room and want me to leave FFS

Anyone other than me and Stanny playing this or planning to?

Anyone other than me and Stanny playing this or planning to?
    still pretty ingrained in my FM17 story.. next year when on sale or something.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    What club are you?

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    What club are you?
    Naturally plying my trade with FC Aarau at the moment. (Swiss League)

But will start an English adventure or a german lower leagues
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Or when Grim sends you a code after winning a copy when he already bought it?

Or when Grim sends you a code after winning a copy when he already bought it?
    Say what?? How did you win a copy?

love at first sight

I don’t like that there’s no real way of knowing if what you’re doing works.
    In my experiences I open a game with the jets. Try playing a formation, lose, change formation, lose, repeat x 5.
    Find my best performing players and play them. Win. Repeat. Followed by lose lose lose lose lose and no matter what I do, nothing changes.
    Feels too randomly generated sometimes.