Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olyroos Rio Campaign

Banned

Olyroos Rio Campaign

Won the second game tonight V Chinese Taipei 4-0

Taggz and Beard on the score sheet for Olyroos

Another tournament to look forward to.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_A...3_Championship

Shame we don't see the home/away format any more. Costs I suppose.
    I have very fond memories of playing Iraq 17 Nov, 2007.
    Best memory was the Twisted Sister:- 'We're not gonna take it'
    You're not going to Beijing...and we Arrrrrrree
    Another memory:- It was front2's first international football game experience too.

Laughs galore already....Vidmar out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Laughs galore already....Vidmar out.
    When the bloke puts Kitto on standby you know he has NFI

FFS he is only getting a run with us as we are FUBAR

With the squad we have we should be doing better

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    With the squad we have we should be doing better
    Australia dominated possession but failed to score a goal.
    Taggart remained on the bench for the entire game as an unused substitute.

There's your answer.

Vidmar OUT
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Vidmar OUT
    Pissant

What a disgrace to not get out of that group.

FMD

Vietnam UAE and Jordan

Can only score twice.

Excatly why is Taggart not getting a run???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Pissant

What a disgrace to not get out of that group.

FMD

Vietnam UAE and Jordan

Can only score twice.

Excatly why is Taggart not getting a run???
    Didn't they say they were using match fit players? Taggz hasn't exactly been running out week-in, week-out. Just suggesting a reason, by the way. Not defending it.

Regardless it is a disappointing result. It might be an over-reaction but it doesn't necessarily fill me with a great deal of confidence for the future.

Cahill will be playing until he is 50 at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Vidmar is definitely doing all the right things to land himself a job managing the Jets.

I don't know whats more embarassing

the failure to qualify for 2 olympics in a row

or

the newcastle jets failing to make the finals in a salary capped league 6 (most likely 7) years running
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I don't know whats more embarassing

the failure to qualify for 2 olympics in a row

or

the newcastle jets failing to make the finals in a salary capped league 6 (most likely 7) years running
    The failure to qualify for 2 olympics in a row (UAE / Jordan / Vietnam FFS)
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

FFA curriculum once again shining

The Dutch have screwed us royally. Well played

Never trust the Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Vidmar OUT
    cvntmar

Just reaffirms that alot of these kids that are built up to be our future superstars are not as good as they think (or their agents tell them) they are.

Look at our boys - Taggz, Hoole, Brillante. Pumped up big time here - I still think Hoole is being over-hyped since he went to the Smurfs and the other two can't get any quality football.

They should be a bit more like Emerton and get a few seasons at your home club under your belt before moving on.

Just reaffirms that alot of these kids that are built up to be our future superstars are not as good as they think (or their agents tell them) they are.

Look at our boys - Taggz, Hoole, Brillante. Pumped up big time here - I still think Hoole is being over-hyped since he went to the Smurfs and the other two can't get any quality football.

They should be a bit more like Emerton and get a few seasons at your home club under your belt before moving on.
    Reaffirms it because our biggest star is Cahill and he's nearly as old as I am.

Lack of a reserve grade to the a league is what is killing our junior national teams. If more kids coming through had to play against men in the scrubbers than pissing off overseas at 12 to play for some euro team that then won't release them our kids would be better prepared.

How many of the "golden" generation actually went to Europe early....Kewell, Cahill.....any others? I'm sure most had a run in the old nsl before chasing a buck and I'd bet most got a good kicking in the reserves when they were early teens if they were good enough.

All 3 of those ex jets should be still here bossing this league if they are ever going to be good enough.

Banned

Agree with this.

Far too many of them **** off at the first opportunity after a good spell in the HAL only to sit on the bench play reserves for a Euro Club

Good example of getting it right is Mat Ryan
    Speds a few years at the Gypos developing his game and thengoes to a Euro club where he is gonna get game time.
    Establishes himself there gets noticed and wins a better contract to a Bigger League Club

Who the **** represents these players and talks them into signing deals with clubs they are not gonna be playing at??
    Exactly what is the thought process here for an establishing player to sacrifice actual football to sit in the stands each weekend and collect a slightly better pay packet??

I notice nothing has been mentioned about the NYL.
    The idea to cut it back to an 8 round joke of a comp is gonna achieve what in rectifying our Yoof problems??

FFA need to pull their finger out of their arse and rectify the lack of funding and attention that is going into our 12-18 year old kids across the country.
    This is the crucial development phase that turns the kid from potential to performance.

These kids should be going to Euro clubs as kids and getting trained the right way early. If they don't they need to be breaking into the HAL at 17-18 years old and making enough of an impact that they are by the time they are 20-21 have 100 games under their belts and are ready to step up into Euro football and not wither away on the bench/reserves.

Reality is not enough of them are ready at 17-18 years for the HAL. That is the problem

My problem with the curriculum is that it strips away natural flair that any player potentially has. The coaches are expected be follow the system to almost fanatical levels, the whole concept behind following 4-3-3 is that positionally it covers all areas of the pitch, which is true but the kids are expected to play their positions without fail. And if they don't they are quickly dropped. What I'm saying is that the kids develop in an environment where they are strictly scrutinised to follow orders and keep their position, for me, what this is causing is an inability and/or fear for a player to take the bulls by the horn during a game and instinctively play passes, make runs or move into areas outside of their designated position. Personally I feel that the one thing missing for australian football at every level is the freedom for players to do the above, it is these skills during a game which make the difference between a high caliber player and a squad player.