Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Stan or netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Stan or netflix?
    HBO so it's on Foxtel.

Has anyone managed in any way, shape or form (uTorrent ftw!) of seeing The Mandalorian since release in the US?
    Without giving any plot lines or spoilers, I was mostly disappointed with the length of it. (39min)
    I would have thought for a pilot that they'd do something longer or almost movie length.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Has anyone managed in any way, shape or form (uTorrent ftw!) of seeing The Mandalorian since release in the US?
    Without giving any plot lines or spoilers, I was mostly disappointed with the length of it. (39min)
    I would have thought for a pilot that they'd do something longer or almost movie length.
    Was it good though??

I wouldn't rave about it.
    Prepared to give it a few episodes to see if it goes somewhere.
    Ending leaves you scratching your head.
    There's been a lot of anticipation about this but as I said, 34 minutes is too stingy.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Was it good though??
    Just watched Ep2.
    I'm hooked!
    Music is good listening thru headphones.
    It has a steady pace about it that's not like anything from the SW universe we've seen before.
    Some familiar creatures in Ep2 that shows them in a different light. There's a scene with them that will remind teenagers of the 80s who played 'Crazy climber'.

just came back here to encourage anyone to get into The Watchmen again.
    last night was probably the most amazingly original hour of television ive seen in ages.
    simply amazing. you gotta start at ep.1 and its weird. real weird. but wow, its something special.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

add Silicon Valley to the list of shows that def stuck the landing.
    finale last night. admittedly the last 2 seasons got very 'entouragee' and not in a good way.
    but the dismount was really clever and tied it back to the joke they were pushing in season 1.
    it was very well done.

with this done and watchmen ending next week i need something new.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    last night was probably the most amazingly original hour of television ive seen in ages.
    simply amazing. you gotta start at ep.1 and its weird. real weird. but wow, its something special.
    yeah am hearing fantastic reviews of ep6, definitely on my "to watch" list
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Just watched "6 underground" on Netflix. Ryan Reynolds with an A Team style reboot with a whole lot of gore and death. It gives you a proper hate boner with a very not subtle metaphor for a current international crisis and even delivers a lovely happy ending to finish it off with. No blue balls.

Directed by Michael Bay, so plenty of explosions but very little actual nudity and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just watched "6 underground" on Netflix. Ryan Reynolds with an A Team style reboot with a whole lot of gore and death. It gives you a proper hate boner with a very not subtle metaphor for a current international crisis and even delivers a lovely happy ending to finish it off with. No blue balls.

Directed by Michael Bay, so plenty of explosions but very little actual nudity and stuff.
    I think having Ryan Reynolds in it saved it tbh
    It was the most Michael Bay thing ive ever watched. So much slo-mo.......
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

^^^^^^
    Movie Thread

Starting watching The Man in the High Castle... not sure yet, although does have 4 seasons...

The Grand Tour - Seamen wasnt to bad...

Jack Ryan Season 2 - in some ways better then season 1, but a little bit predictable. Hope for something new here for Season 3
    Amigos Aarau

Have you had a go at watching "The Boys". Probably the most messed up, yet riveting show I have ever watched. A massively different take on the super hero genre.

Anyone else watching Mandalorian?

I'm a star wars fan but one who doesn't like the new movies (strangely I liked the prequels) so I went in to it just hoping Disney hadn't F#@!ed it up again.

Really enjoying it so far, visually A+ and the storylines for each episode have been very well done. Initially I thought it was going to be hard to develop a character who's face you can never see but they are doing it well through his actions rather than demeanor.
    Some of the supporting actors are actually stealing the show in their episodes which makes it quite quirky too.

I'm watching 21 Jump Street on Popcornflix. About 4 shows into series 1.
    I loved the show first time around and still like it - but damn the music and the clothing is way worse than I remember.
    Nobody dressed that way in the 80's everyday and the music / fx are about as divorced from the action / storylines as one could ever imagine.
    Acting wise Frederick Forest and Johnny Depp made this show both being genuine stars with bags of talent. Without those two to get it rolling I doubt it would have made it to a 2nd series.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Anyone else watching Mandalorian?

I'm a star wars fan but one who doesn't like the new movies (strangely I liked the prequels) so I went in to it just hoping Disney hadn't F#@!ed it up again.

Really enjoying it so far, visually A+ and the storylines for each episode have been very well done. Initially I thought it was going to be hard to develop a character who's face you can never see but they are doing it well through his actions rather than demeanor.
    Some of the supporting actors are actually stealing the show in their episodes which makes it quite quirky too.
    I am watching it too.

Worth noting I adore Rogue One and liked the other Disney movies so far on a varying scale.

I loved those first couple of episodes of Mandalorian a lot, but then it had two evidently filler episodes in a row, the second of which I honestly struggled thru and still don't appreciate it (the bounty hunt in the desert one). The recent ep though, as much as it was filler and character intro/development, I liked again.

Am really looking forward to how they wrap all this up, but can't help but fear it's going to be like GoT where they spend too much time filling and not enough time executing.
    OK

does The Mandalorian get any better?

i fell asleep during Ep.1 i was bored shitless.
    Seems like I am WRONG

does The Mandalorian get any better?

i fell asleep during Ep.1 i was bored shitless.
    It is Star Wars. It is a modern space take on a Western. Take it or leave it.

No one is forcing you to like TV shows most people like, outside of the strict list of requirements you seem to demand in one.

Your vibe in this particular thread is not edgy anymore, it's just repetitive and feels hollow now. Stick to movies, baiting the membah and circlejerking with porksey.

Unsubscribe.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It is Star Wars. It is a modern space take on a Western. Take it or leave it.

No one is forcing you to like TV shows most people like, outside of the strict list of requirements you seem to demand in one.

Your vibe in this particular thread is not edgy anymore, it's just repetitive and feels hollow now. Stick to movies, baiting the membah and circlejerking with porksey.

Unsubscribe.
    jesus, this took a dark turn.
    Seems like I am WRONG

jesus, this took a dark turn.
    As you blatantly ignored the previous posts, I think your post got the reaction it deserved.