Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah cmon man even I know that it's been a thing since the start.
    Its only really been this crazy since the end of season 6 IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Honestly the character movements and time frames haven't bothered me at all.

As long as you're happy to accept that the events of each episode may take place over months and the whole story likely is 5 or 10 years, and the fact that adjacent scenes do not have to be at or even close to occurring at similar times then I don't see what the problem is.

If you want the timeframes and story better fleshed out then read the books. The only downside (for me) after reading them is I get confused between which variation of the story was the book and which was the tv show. But the story in the books is far more expansive and introduces new characters where the show just shoehorns the roles that other characters would have played into existing ones or ignores them altogether. Both are good though.

Yeah but Macca let's take Euron to the Rock as this specific eg.

Yara, Theon & the Sand Snakes headed from Dragonstone to Kings Landing the same time the Unsullied headed for Casterly Rock.

So we are assuming Euron is able to intercept & defeat Yara's fleet, present the Sand Snakes to Cersei, go thru all that.. and then arrive at Casterly Rock extremely shortly after the Unsullied do.

I can handle the non adjacent timelines but this is the one consistent timeline I can't deal with.
    OK

I'm not gonna say you're wrong, but I don't think its impossible to imagine ways it could happen.

Dragonstone and Kings Landing are pretty close to each other. A sea voyage from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock is extremely long. Its possible that through luck or skill the two fleets would make that journey at different speeds.

The Lannisters clearly had warning that the attack on the Rock was coming, and at this stage were at least tenuously allied with Euron. Pyke is quite close to Casterly Rock, perhaps some of the fleet left at home or new ships built in the meantime were the ones to engage the Unsullied fleet at the Rock.

Also, I may be remembering incorrectly, but did Tyrion et al receive word that the King's Landing party had been intercepted well in advance of the attack on the Rock, and then subsequently given a final go ahead? It is possible the Unsullied were waiting nearby to receive their orders to commence their attack giving Euron time to catch up.

I dunno. As I said, I'm not saying you're wrong. But I think you have to make assumptions to come up with the conclusion that the timelines definitely don't make sense. And if you make the assumption that they do make sense, you can find ways it would work too.

You wait til homie in the rowboat turns back up and he's all like "I've only been gone 3 days 'sup?"

Legit question though:
    Is there any reason blonde only used one dragon to torch those mofos last night?

Why not fire up all 3?

Only one blondie and three dragons I guess.

I am surprised Tyrion hasn't sent some flying fire dispensers round to mop up Euron's fleet though. Maybe yet to come

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Only one blondie and three dragons I guess.
    Yeah that was my thought too but a little bit back I'm sure a dragon saved a bunch of them when they were surrounded in some sort of bull ring. Driverless dragon did some decent damage then.

My other thought was that blondie was mentored by Mark Jones who also continually left his attacking weapons on the bench.

Hahaha.

Yeah and back in the slaver cities she just let them run wild. Perhaps she wanted more control over who the dragon(s) roasted in this battle, seems to have been a lot of dialogue over avoiding just letting them have at King's Landing and melt faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I saw this on Netflix. I might give it a go.
    Get Schwifty
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Can we talk about how quickly Euron made it to Casterly Rock?

This season it seems everyone has been borrowing Varys' teleporter (and yes I understand we have to respect timelines not being in line at all times).. but Euron making it to the Rock JUST after the Unsullied? Please.
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Time is an illusion.
    i remember back in the good old days when time was a flat circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Have been revisiting some of the classic old Ali G episodes on SBS On Demand..
    Just saw this clip and absolutely lost my sh!t..

Word is Malcolm Turnbull is under pressure from Murdoch and other media robber barons to close down both ABC Iview and SBS on demand. If the past is anything to go by it will only be a question of when not if.

Show wise I've been watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Very funny but it takes awhile to acclimatise to it - but once you do it's a winner. It's sort of like Ally McBeal and 30 Rock had a love child.
    Also just finished the first series of Atypical on Netflix which is a comedy / drama about an 18 year old with Autism and his search for a girlfriend / dealing with the enemy [females]. Think of Sheldon Cooper only endearing more so than annoying and you will get a grasp of the main character.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-08-2017 at 03:04 PM.

pickel rick
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    pickel rick
    Season 3 has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Season 3 has been great.
    This weeks play on Saw... So good.
    Amigos Aarau

Narcos is fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Alright.. Game of Thrones S07E06 leak.. someone try and reason THAT teleporting ops:
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Alright.. Game of Thrones S07E06 leak.. someone try and reason THAT teleporting ops:
    hahaha old mate must also be a real quick runner