Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Warners Bay game definitely on. Cookers didn't turn up, so we've been given 3 games on forfeit. Good 9 points for the Bay today!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Warners Bay game definitely on. Cookers didn't turn up, so we've been given 3 games on forfeit. Good 9 points for the Bay today!
    9:25 wet weather line Waners Bay closed.

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Pfft. Wet weather, wet smether. We're keeping the points ok. We need them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Pfft. Wet weather, wet smether. We're keeping the points ok. We need them.
    So whens the reschedule fixture?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Anyone got the Nelson Bay vs Kotara results?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Anyone got the Nelson Bay vs Kotara results?
    Nelson bay vs kotara
    3rds 0-2
    Res 3-3
    1st 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    Nelson bay vs kotara
    3rds 0-2
    Res 3-3
    1st 2-2
    The Bay improved or were Kotara missing players?

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate;1***02
    The Bay improved or were Kotara missing players?
    The bay were not bad on the day, some decent young players, will trouble teams that don't show up on the day. Kotara were very poor from out point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    So whens the reschedule fixture?
    I'll leave that to the higher powers to decide mate. I'd guess within a fortnight though if they can.

Good results for Jesmond winning 2-0, 1-0 and 2-0, managing to win all grades without conceding a goal. I cannot remember having achieved that before.
    Didn't see any 3rds but apparently we missed plenty of chances. Reggies pretty awful game to be honest and that's probably the one Barnsley can feel a tad hard done by with combo of their wasteful finishing and brilliant goalkeeping getting us over line. 1sts game not much better and didn't appear 1st v last as we only scored the second with 15 or so to go. Would have been awful for any neutrals venturing out for the afternoon.

Would love to know people's thoughts of Jesmond staying at the top of the ladder all season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Would love to know people's thoughts of Jesmond staying at the top of the ladder all season?
    It's a big possibility of happening. They are 9 points clear so would have to drop a few games this next full round and others drop no points for it to change I feel.
    I'm sure Terrace will be ready to bounce back after a big loss against Stockton. Could be a changer if they take the points from Jeso this weekend.

since this comp is the weakest it has been in years, its safe to say jeso will still be top at the end of the season.

only warners bay strikers or cookers midfield will trouble them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    since this comp is the weakest it has been in years, its safe to say jeso will still be top at the end of the season.

only warners bay strikers or cookers midfield will trouble them.
    What makes you say the comp is weak?

Also big call saying Cooks hill or Warners Bay are the only ones that will trouble them. I'm sure every other team in the comp has pushed them this season. Likes of Terrace and Stockton up there can easily knock them off the perch.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    What makes you say the comp is weak?

Also big call saying Cooks hill or Warners Bay are the only ones that will trouble them. I'm sure every other team in the comp has pushed them this season. Likes of Terrace and Stockton up there can easily knock them off the perch.
    passtheballmate, my personal opinion seeing the comp over the years. having seen Stockton and terrace I have ruled them out. Jesmond cookers warnersbay , the other 7 teams fighting for 4th and an early exit

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    passtheballmate, my personal opinion seeing the comp over the years. having seen Stockton and terrace I have ruled them out. Jesmond cookers warnersbay , the other 7 teams fighting for 4th and an early exit
    What games of Stockton and Terrace have you seen?
    I'm sure they will be out to prove you wrong after this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    What games of Stockton and Terrace have you seen?
    I'm sure they will be out to prove you wrong after this comment.
    if they are going out to any game going forward thinking we have to prove beppe wrong then that's sad.

im just someone who has seen them play and thought they do not stack up against jesmond or cookers.

that is all, come end of the season if they are in the GF or clawed jesmond back to win the comp i will gladly eat humble pie and congratulate your success (grand final promotion etc)

That is such a terrible prediction!! Any of the 5 teams in the top half of the ladder can beat Jesmond in the 90 minutes. Very brave comment, you will be eating your words if they get beaten, which I dare say they will

That is such a terrible prediction!! Any of the 5 teams in the top half of the ladder can beat Jesmond in the 90 minutes. Very brave comment, you will be eating your words if they get beaten, which I dare say they will
    Im not saying they wont lose a game this season, im sure they will, im saying the will finish the season first, and most likely will be a jesmond vs cookers (warners bay possibly) GF.

and either stockton or terrace will miss the top 4 because warners bay will be in there.

Its a simple guess. Grow up or sulk else where.