Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Serious question.
    Do any clubs or players pay taxes on wages in the NPL? If not, then why not and how is that legal?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Edgy V Valo 3-1 half time

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Serious question.
    Do any clubs or players pay taxes on wages in the NPL? If not, then why not and how is that legal?
    Hamilton does

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Serious question.
    Would these "non for profit" clubs generate over 150k of income?

Cash money!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Would these "non for profit" clubs generate over 150k of income?
    New Lambton would! 1300+ registered players, just rego alone..... i know it is not Npl but 150k is not that big anymore.

Most clubs around these parts aren't registered for GST.

There's 'hobby money' which doesn't attract tax. That what what my reputable
    accountant (oxymoron?) told me when I was gigging regularly....before kids
    Same goes for refs too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Can confirm that the money refs earn is exempt from tax under the hobby clause.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    New Lambton would! 1300+ registered players, just rego alone..... i know it is not Npl but 150k is not that big anymore.
    Much of these fees are collected on behalf of FFA NNSWF and NF/MF/HF. Don't think anyone would consider that income and certainly not profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

What about some of these npl players who are on $600/$800 a game and getting over $10,000 a year to play . Surely this isn't considered 'hobby money ' and is taxed ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    What about some of these npl players who are on $600/$800 a game and getting over $10,000 a year to play . Surely this isn't considered 'hobby money ' and is taxed ?
    Would depend on how the clubs are actually transferring them the money I suppose

If the cash was coming in brown paper bags for argument's sake then there would be the onus on the players to declare their income to the ATO

That would be as optional as a trade getting paid cash for services rendered. It is there choice which accounts to put on the books so to speak

If the clubs were paying players by bank transfer from club account to players personal account then taxation would most likely be done as it is a bit more open to notice by the authorities

Maybe need a player or club to enlighten us as to how the players get coin here

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...-shift/?cs=305

Interesting read...the point of raising revenue makes me laugh a little.

Banned
    Hope Northern tell them to **** Off

This is an FFA mandated thing across the country.

Yet we have these clubs putting their own self interest above the good of the game in the future.

If they want to have Open sides for loyal club players not good enough to play NPL first grade go field sides in the Zone Leagues like Olympic and Magic do.

Not ****ing rocket science

Yet they want to keep run of the mill footballers in the NPL instead of letting them go to New FM or Zone where they belong

If you ain't playing first grade or not in the clubs plans by 20 reality is your pushing shit up the hill to get there anyway.

Move on and give someone younger their chance

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Yet we have these clubs putting their own self interest above the good of the game in the future.

If they want to have Open sides for loyal club players not good enough to play NPL first grade go field sides in the Zone Leagues like Olympic and Magic do.

Yet they want to keep run of the mill footballers in the NPL instead of letting them go to New FM or Zone where they belong

If you ain't playing first grade or not in the clubs plans by 20 reality is your pushing shit up the hill to get there anyway.

Or perhaps the clubs have it right. Or is the FFA always right? Things seem to have been going really well with the implementations that have made the last 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

How is it FFA mandated across the country when it even says in the article that the South Australian NPL still has reserve grade. Clubs were told 3 years ago at the commencement of the npl by Eland and Co that the nnsw competition had to go to 1st 20s and 18s or we couldn't compete in the npl. Yet here we are , 3 years down the track and South Australia are still playing with a reserve grade comp and guess what ? They are still in the NPL. Reserve grade would be great to be back in the competition as the gulf between 1st grade and under 20s will be massive. Not every player has to be playing 1st grade by the time they are 18 and not every player is past their use by date at the age of 20 or 22 or 25. This shit about move aside and give a young kid a go cracks me up. If the young kid is good enough he should earn the spot or take it off a reserve grader. Not be entitled to it because he is only 18 years old. **** me

Quote Originally Posted by tucker's daughter View Post
    How is it FFA mandated across the country when it even says in the article that the South Australian NPL still has reserve grade. Clubs were told 3 years ago at the commencement of the npl by Eland and Co that the nnsw competition had to go to 1st 20s and 18s or we couldn't compete in the npl. Yet here we are , 3 years down the track and South Australia are still playing with a reserve grade comp and guess what ? They are still in the NPL. Reserve grade would be great to be back in the competition as the gulf between 1st grade and under 20s will be massive. Not every player has to be playing 1st grade by the time they are 18 and not every player is past their use by date at the age of 20 or 22 or 25. This shit about move aside and give a young kid a go cracks me up. If the young kid is good enough he should earn the spot or take it off a reserve grader. Not be entitled to it because he is only 18 years old. **** me
    Well said sir.

How many years has reserve grade been gone now?

The thing i got out of it is that clubs are losing players before they get old enough to retire and become a committee member or volunteer in some way. If you're only at a club for a couple of years you're not going to grow attached and want to give back to the club. It is a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...-shift/?cs=305

Interesting read...the point of raising revenue makes me laugh a little.
    The main reason this won't happen is the baby jets. What comp do they then play in ? Are northern really going to let 15-16 year old "elite " kids run around against reserve grade players. Wake up and smell the roses, the npl is structured purely to aid the A league clubs. Northern or ffa don't give two xxxxs about any of the local clubs or volunteers running these clubs

Run Reserve Grade on a Friday Nights. It will allow the Clubmen to be apart of the club as a player and then be available all day on Sunday to volunteer.

Also I don't think many players would mind playing on Friday Nights either for obvious reasons.

And still have 13-14-15-16-18-20-1sts to keep the FFA happy.