Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    A bit harsh
    why is that harsh, suburbs are having one of the worst seasons in zone premier league since it was created 4/5 years ago, should they be rewarded for that and stay in the comp only to probably be in a similar position next year or do you give some hungry zone league one teams a chance (jesmond will come up, cookers, warners bay etc)

Cooks Hill can't be promoted to my understandingas there has to be 1 league between teams from the same Club. beppe as to your comment about our season then you have proven yourself to be a fool, Barnsley finished on 2 points last year. Maybe you should concern yourself more on the run into the finals for Kotara and less about how we at Garden Suburb are going.

All of this is irrelevant at the moment anyway.
    New Lambton are yet to be accepted into the NPL, we don't know if there will be a NPL1&2 or just NPL1 and that won't be decided until seasons end.

However if a position in ZPL next season becomes available then we will discuss amongst ourselves what we will do when Russell Henry seeks expressions of interest. If people can accept Kahibah gaining back to back promotion after not making the top 4, 2 years in a row and Cardiff not getting relegated after coming last than I'm sure people can accept us staying up after coming last.

For now that's the last thing we are concerned with.
    Our focus is solely on finishing as strong as we can in the remaining 4 games and fighting all tge way to the end.

Hope that clears it up for you beppe and good luck making the finals this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Premy, why so defensive, I said one of the worst seasons not the worst. I know its hard but you have scored 10 or so goals in 14 games roughly, shouldn't be in that comp next year.

Is was ok for suburbs to accept a position in zpl to give the comp credibility then it should be ok for Russell Henry to keep them there out of respect,

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    why is that harsh, suburbs are having one of the worst seasons in zone premier league since it was created 4/5 years ago, should they be rewarded for that and stay in the comp only to probably be in a similar position next year or do you give some hungry zone league one teams a chance (jesmond will come up, cookers, warners bay etc)
    yeh great idea, give the hungry ones ago, the same teams that come up and then they go straight back down.
    Cardiff got lucky and stayed up, yes they did have a better season then GS right now, but as I said got lucky, very lucky, if they change higher up as we all think they will and GS stay so be it, good club having a bad season.
    How would you like your club Beppe to get a second chance if it was you at the bottom, bet your ass you would want to stay.
    If my memory serves me well, GS actually knocked back being promoted several years ago as they didn't win the comp, that takes a bit of class and yes they were hungry with a good squad......
    cant wait for next sunday, the burbs v tiggers...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    Suburbs are on 3 points after 14 games, regardless of restructure, they should be relegated without question with teams from ZL1 given the opportunity to come up.
    The L1 team should go up every time.

But depending on grade restructure where more than 1 team leaves ZL then the bottom team should be able to put a case to stay and let the assoc work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Is was ok for suburbs to accept a position in zpl to give the comp credibility then it should be ok for Russell Henry to keep them there out of respect,
    So jesmond have just about wrapped zl1 up with 3 games to go ( and could quite possibly go through undefeated) and your saying they shouldnt get a go at zpl because the team thats last shouldnt be relegated " out of respect" ?????

If theres any club that deserves a shot at zpl its Jesmond , they are 1st in all 3 grades ( from memory) and have been consistently near the top in zl1 for the last few years. Regardless of what happens in the comps above , GS should b coming down and Jesmond should be going up

No im not, I'm saying if there's a spot available after jesmond are promoted then they should be awarded this, normally in this division there's a spot open somehow, but the club needs to want to stay

I was at the Mayfield vs morisset game on Saturday and I'm quite surprised that nothing has been put on here about Mayfields first goal. Worst sportsmanship I've seen on a football field for a while. Apart from that it was a great game fought between 2 classy teams.

Just from a Jesmond perspective, if anyone cares. We would expect the opportunity for promotion to be granted to us as we feel we have earned it, undefeated with only zero points from the remaining 4 games together with Cooks Hill taking maximum stopping us - and then it would be goal difference.
    I've been at the club since its re-introduction to divisional football in 2005 and in that time we have aimed to create a culture of stability. Players rarely leave and those that do often regret it. Over the years we've constantly got 20+ back to the pub after nearly every game and that's blown out to 30+ this year with success in all grades.
    The committee had to volunteer relegation a few years ago which did cause unrest but since then have accepted promotion without "earning" it through minor premiership as took advantage of a re-structure. That acceptance was justified in 2014 by making G/F in first year of ZL1.
    Our 1st grade have trained hard, played hard but fair and we are on the verge of doing this without a golden run. Our most important player on sideline with season ending ankle break since R4 and currently have a contingent overseas and have had the injuries that every club has. The same team has barely been able to be fielded 2 weeks in a row.
    We do not care of the politics regarding other clubs but just hope we have the offer made, so we can consult our best 15 or so as not getting that opportunity might be to the detriment of our club as our top guys I feel want this shot.
    We'd hope to see you ZPL clubs in 2017.

Not sure if everyone is aware but there is no automatic promotion and relegation between ZPL and ZL1.....ZPL has to be applied to and a strong case is required for a team to drop down or come up.....So at the end of the day if Garden Suburbs would like to remain in ZPL then the spot is there's and Jesmond would have to state a better case than another team to take their spot....as Suburbs came up into the ZPL competition after several other sides refused then, it will be a hard task to relegate them from this competition so soon....

Without making it solely about Jesmond and Garden Suburbs, you're words above of "strong case" alone would have to elude to Jesmond, right now, deserve to be playing against Mayfield and Dudley more than Garden Suburbs do. I'm not sure that can be argued with. Do so if you wish.
    I honestly don't think it will come to one or the other from the abovementioned teams because of another probable restructure above.
    I'd love to know why they continue to restructure the divisions. Sure, have criteria to play 1st division football in Newcastle - Ie decent ground, ability to field a youth team, be strong financially etc.
    BUT after that divsions 2 to 6 (and lets just call them that rather than make 3rd, 4th etc division clubs feel special) are straight promotion and relegation. If you're the worst team in division 2, guess what, the best in 3 is taking your spot.
    It's not brain science or rocket surgery people!

no one is saying Jesmond cant come up
    in fact everyone would welcome it
    just saying if a team from ZPL moves up a division GS may stay in ZPL to make it 10 teams

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    yeh great idea, give the hungry ones ago, the same teams that come up and then they go straight back down.
    Cardiff got lucky and stayed up, yes they did have a better season then GS right now, but as I said got lucky, very lucky, if they change higher up as we all think they will and GS stay so be it, good club having a bad season.
    How would you like your club Beppe to get a second chance if it was you at the bottom, bet your ass you would want to stay.
    If my memory serves me well, GS actually knocked back being promoted several years ago as they didn't win the comp, that takes a bit of class and yes they were hungry with a good squad......
    cant wait for next sunday, the burbs v tiggers...

cheers
    They did accept promotion without earning it in the end... How is that Classy?

It seems there is a little confusion going around, I'll stat clearly from our end.

We at Garden Suburb would not try to take Jesmonds deserved spot.
    If there was a spot made avaliable due to New Lambton being accepted into the NPL2 then we would discuss our options at that point.

Anything else outside of that is just pure speculation at this point in time.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    They did accept promotion without earning it in the end... How is that Classy?
    We were approached 4 years straight to take promotion after narrowly missing out on 1st place, the forth time we decided to take it as we knew ZPL needed 3 clubs to come up and we finished 2nd so we felt we deserved it.

Hope that clears it up for you.
    Last edited by Premy; 31-07-2016 at 09:04 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Just from a Jesmond perspective, if anyone cares. We would expect the opportunity for promotion to be granted to us as we feel we have earned it, undefeated with only zero points from the remaining 4 games together with Cooks Hill taking maximum stopping us - and then it would be goal difference.
    I've been at the club since its re-introduction to divisional football in 2005 and in that time we have aimed to create a culture of stability. Players rarely leave and those that do often regret it. Over the years we've constantly got 20+ back to the pub after nearly every game and that's blown out to 30+ this year with success in all grades.
    The committee had to volunteer relegation a few years ago which did cause unrest but since then have accepted promotion without "earning" it through minor premiership as took advantage of a re-structure. That acceptance was justified in 2014 by making G/F in first year of ZL1.
    Our 1st grade have trained hard, played hard but fair and we are on the verge of doing this without a golden run. Our most important player on sideline with season ending ankle break since R4 and currently have a contingent overseas and have had the injuries that every club has. The same team has barely been able to be fielded 2 weeks in a row.
    We do not care of the politics regarding other clubs but just hope we have the offer made, so we can consult our best 15 or so as not getting that opportunity might be to the detriment of our club as our top guys I feel want this shot.
    We'd hope to see you ZPL clubs in 2017.
    Not intending to ruffle feathers here but I have it on good authority that there is one player being paid at Jesmond. Firstly is this true? and secondly is this something that people agree/disagree on at this level? particularly if it starts to affect promotion/relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    We were approached 4 years straight to take promotion after narrowly missing out on 1st place, the forth time we decided to take it as we knew ZPL needed 3 clubs to come up and we finished 2nd so we felt we deserved it.

Hope that clears it up for you.
    Was Never unclear, was just stating a fact really. I have no worries in the world about how GS got promoted or why, was just making a counter point to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Not intending to ruffle feathers here but I have it on good authority that there is one player being paid at Jesmond. Firstly is this true? and secondly is this something that people agree/disagree on at this level? particularly if it starts to affect promotion/relegation?
    Pretty sure people get paid if they want to drive the club up, Wallsend did it 3-4 years ago and they have done wonders. It can create a "shit" comp but clubs have to do what they need to do.

Agree with you Premy.

Earning promotion and winning promotion can be 2 different things.

You win promotion by minor premiership and should go, with exception of other factors such as going from 2 teams to 3, example being Raymond Terrace admitting they couldn't fill the 3 teams a few years ago and staying in ZL2 rather than coming to one. This decision somewhat validated now as struggling for numbers in lower grades. Not applicable from ZL1 to ZPL.

I believe Garden Suburb absolutely did the correct thing in going up as it was earned, however it wasn't won and others need to get over this. If multiple teams are needed to fill a higher division and you don't go and hence inferior teams do and you then play further interior teams, doesn't it make your subsequent results in that lower division less significant as you become a club playing below your level....? Case of damned if you do and damned if you don't!

We too took the option to go up from ZL2 to ZL1 without winning ZL2. We feel our decision was validated by leading the ZL1 comp in our first year for a good period, comfortably making the semis and then grand final.

Obviously I hope we at Jesmond get over the line and get to go up but I also hope Garden Suburbs stay because I'm a fat bastard and that canteen kicks ass.