Page 193 of 242 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Where is your source for mass shootings and what do you define as a mass shooting??
    The 250x Mass Shootings statistic uses the definition of Mass Shootings as four or more people are shot or killed in a single incident, not involving the shooter. Let me know if you need any further clarification on this.

Take all the guns away and these nutters will just stab people

It ain't the crux of the problem

The people are the problem
    We are saying regardless of the crux of the problem, we would prefer someone running around a school with a knife as opposed to a gun. There is no more discussion needed for this part of the debate. Feel free to engage in the solution to the crux of the problem all you want, in the meantime there is no logical reason not to drastically improve the situation by removing guns.
    OK

The seed for all the mess in America goes back to the Democratic Party destroying the traditional family unit and making so many people dependant on welfare by actually giving people Welfare so they are not.chasing the American Dream all in the name of trying to win votes for themselves
    Nixon closed the gold window. He was a Republican.
    Reagan adopted the Laffer Curve - He was a Republican.
    George Bush bailed out the financial / banking industry from the GFC to the tune of $16.8 trillion dollars.

You have absolutely no idea member.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The 250x Mass Shootings statistic uses the definition of Mass Shootings as four or more people are shot or killed in a single incident, not involving the shooter. Let me know if you need any further clarification on this.

We are saying regardless of the crux of the problem, we would prefer someone running around a school with a knife as opposed to a gun. There is no more discussion needed for this part of the debate. Feel free to engage in the solution to the crux of the problem all you want, in the meantime there is no logical reason not to drastically improve the situation by removing guns.
    I don't think guns are the problem - I think the problem is they are being pointed at the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So you'd rather see John Mayer in concert than Jimi Hendrix.
    both garbage, except Mayer concert has better wifi.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I don't think guns are the problem - I think the problem is they are being pointed at the wrong people.
    its not guns, its holsters.

without holsters, guns would fall to the ground and you couldnt reach them to shoot everyone.

so ban holsters.

(am i doing this right?)
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Listen to this retarded snowflake. Bet youd steal your mates shoes cause your so jealous. Get your hands dirty and stop whining.
    Corporations have been stealing wages since Nixon closed the gold window in 1971 and Reagan several years later adopted the laffer curve to skew income distribution away from the lower and middle classes.

Real wages have since this time been growing slower than profits. Productivity gains which were once used to fund wages growth have instead gone straight to capital/ profits.
    Financial engineering has allowed spending to continue [on credit] so that capitalists don't lose revenues due to falling wages restricting people's purchasing power.

But the reality is that people's wages in aggregate are not sufficient to purchase what they produce.

This is not ideology it's a fact based on national accounts data and stock flow consistent macroeconomic analysis.

Get the wages and GDP data for the relevant period.
    To put it in real rather than nominal terms;
    Apply a GDP deflator to the Income side of the equation and the CPI to the Wages side.

What you will find is that the wages share of income is not keeping up.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-08-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    its not guns, its holsters.

without holsters, guns would fall to the ground and you couldnt reach them to shoot everyone.

so ban holsters.

(am i doing this right?)
    Why not go a step further and ban hands with opposable thumbs.

Why not go a step further and ban hands with opposable thumbs.
    puts a whole new spin on taking it from "my cold dead hand".

Maybe old Chuck Heston was onto something.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    The dream is broken. It failed.
    The Dream, The Financial Rort, whatever you call it. It's all dead to those that either won't get or aren't on board. It's only a bad thing if you aren't joining in.
    OK

The Dream, The Financial Rort, whatever you call it. It's all dead to those that either won't get or aren't on board. It's only a bad thing if you aren't joining in.
    What do you mean by joining in ? It's a closed shop and they aren't looking for new members.

hey man im doing good no shade on anyone else but if you mother****ers get jealous and try and shoot me ima be very cranky.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Replace won't or aren't with Cannot board. You could wake up tomorrow morning and kick your big toe and fall down the steps..................Some People are able to laugh. Others will get a traumatic brain injury and be ****ed for life. It's so easy to be kicked off the boat.

When I entered the workforce back in 1997. Highschool dropout. Managed to get an apprenticeship. It was quite easy. Now despite a trade, despite two university qualifications and running my own business when I've put feelers just to test the waters I've yet to even get a call back. I'm lucky I don't need to actually look for work. But in the current world I'd be ****ed if I did.

Society has taken a huge dump.
    Last edited by Skirt Boy; 07-08-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Yes its a smaller demographic... but say in switzerland guns are readily avaliable (although stupid EU laws are encroaching) and anyone that has done military service has a gun at home... Yet I dont know the last time a mass shooting was done here or let alone gun crime...

Yes guns are the tool and yes in America I beleive they do need some better gun strategies.... But the Guns are absolutly not the crux of the problem.... Sometimes we seem to forget also how large a nation the USA is and the difficulties this presents..

Hell on a totally other note I see things that are done in switzerland (pop 8-9 mil) and compare to what is done in AUS (24-25 mil) and then you look at USA with what 328 Mil (that they know) and the political systems they all have what can be done better etc etc. When we struggle with supporting people with mental health in Switzerland and Australia then how do you think the USA can cope....
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    anyone that has done military service has a gun at home...

Sometimes we seem to forget also how large a nation the USA is and the difficulties this presents..
    your first point is not inconsequential. Most gun reform in the USA is centered around restriction of guns to untrained people, or people who just flat out shouldnt have one. Not many people are out there saying they should take all 400m guns off the streets.

But the gun nuts are screaming the loudest and sensible regulation (like a national registry, or stronger background checks, or limitations on size/amount of guns, as well as bans for crims and lunatics) is being waved off as yet another infringement on their rights. I dont know many in this debate that wouldnt be happy to let homeowners keep something for protection, and people who 'need' them, get them.

its a small first step, but geez thats the bit that i cant get my head around Americans not understanding.

Also, the population thing comes up quite a bit esp in regards to Switzerland and Australia. But you go look at China and India and see what their gun death rates are like and you'll see its a flawed argument.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Yes its a smaller demographic... but say in switzerland guns are readily avaliable (although stupid EU laws are encroaching) and anyone that has done military service has a gun at home... Yet I dont know the last time a mass shooting was done here or let alone gun crime...

Yes guns are the tool and yes in America I beleive they do need some better gun strategies.... But the Guns are absolutly not the crux of the problem.... Sometimes we seem to forget also how large a nation the USA is and the difficulties this presents..

Hell on a totally other note I see things that are done in switzerland (pop 8-9 mil) and compare to what is done in AUS (24-25 mil) and then you look at USA with what 328 Mil (that they know) and the political systems they all have what can be done better etc etc. When we struggle with supporting people with mental health in Switzerland and Australia then how do you think the USA can cope....
    I've always thought of Switzerland as very conservative and old school when it comes to women. They were very late to allow women voting rights and I think until 30 or so years ago Husbands still had complete legal authority over their wives.

So based on that, not a lot of reasons for blokes in Switzerland to be shooting the place up. Plenty of reasons for women though.

Then you have the hot factor - male or female they are a country of very attractive people - if Americans looked that good I don't think they'd be anywhere near as paranoid / agro.

Home ownership in Switzerland though is very low - which is strange given the high per capita GDP - possible distributions issues ? I don't know - never looked into it that far.

EDIT: draconian taxes on home ownership. Wow.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-08-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Then you have the hot factor - male or female they are a country of very attractive people - if Americans looked that good I don't think they'd be anywhere near as paranoid / agro.

another thing that you cant talk about because of the tangents it takes you on is immigration.

not in a South Park 'they too errr jobssss' kind of way, but the latest psycho on the weekend was very anti hispanic. Theres a long documented history of these mass shooters targeting people 'not like them'.

now you cant go talking about the melting pot of immigration because you are branded a racist, but everyone loves pointing to Japan as a 'no gun deaths' kind of place.

well you know what else Japan doesnt have? they dont have many people that dont look like them. i love the place and call it my 2nd home but geez, those dudes are about as xenophobic as it gets. again, citizens feel kind of comfortable so less reason to go nuts.

so yes, as much as I like Trump, the rhetoric is dangerous. He needs to stop empowering nutters to do nutty things. the crowd on the other side of the isle need to stop demonising whiteys as well. you keep bagging them out and they seem to want to retaliate with an AK47 or some such thing.

its the demise of our politicians being 'leaders'. they arent anymore. how we fix that im not sure.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Uruguay, Japan and Venezuela just put up a travel warning for the US. That is fairly insulting for the "greatest place on earth" according to the guy running the place.

The US is very quickly becoming a 3rd world country. Their economy is circling the drain, their level of health is dropping below generally accepted standards, their education is falling and the streets aren't safe in almost any neighbourhood (not just the poor ones like everyone generally accepted).

Better them than us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Uruguay, Japan and Venezuela just put up a travel warning for the US. That is fairly insulting for the "greatest place on earth" according to the guy running the place.

The US is very quickly becoming a 3rd world country. Their economy is circling the drain, their level of health is dropping below generally accepted standards, their education is falling and the streets aren't safe in almost any neighbourhood (not just the poor ones like everyone generally accepted).

Better them than us.
    Means **** all

We got one going now for Hong Kong FFS

Banned
    Nixon closed the gold window. He was a Republican.
    Reagan adopted the Laffer Curve - He was a Republican.
    George Bush bailed out the financial / banking industry from the GFC to the tune of $16.8 trillion dollars.

You have absolutely no idea member.
    Democrats ruined the African American community. They had many issues in the 1960s with Civil Rights issues but the Democrats proceeded to up the welfare pay outs focusing on getting votes from the Black community

Now it full of drugs crime single mothers low expectation mofos dependant on welfare

That's what they do give welfare to the weak and not exactly clued up to poison the community all in the name of votes

Same idiots are now wanting to let as many immigrants in as they can

Why because these free loaders on Welfare vote Democrat

The left are a Cancer

We can talk about the Ponzi scheme of Western economies if you like

Reality is the Western world is ****ed and it all downhill for us

Democrats ruined the African American community. They had many issues in the 1960s with Civil Rights issues but the Democrats proceeded to up the welfare pay outs focusing on getting votes from the Black community

Now it full of drugs crime single mothers low expectation mofos dependant on welfare

That's what they do give welfare to the weak and not exactly clued up to poison the community all in the name of votes

Same idiots are now wanting to let as many immigrants in as they can

Why because these free loaders on Welfare vote Democrat

The left are a Cancer
    Fair amount of correlation rather than causation here IMO. This is the same rhetoric as the US government inventing Aids to kill off the gays.

I don't think Welfare caused all the issues in these parts of society, but I will admit that the current welfare system doesn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.