Page 137 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Please tell me if my maths is incorrect.

200k / 7years = 28571 per year / 12months = 2381 per month / 4 weeks = 596 per week.

That's roughly the amount you're going to pay in a mortgage anyway (depending on your loan setup etc).

I don't really see that as "insane" tbh.

Obviously contexts come into play but that's not as outrageous a thought as I think you made it out to be porksey.

But yes I do agree, great work Dunst
    Not sure if Dunst meant 60g before (about $11,000) or after (about $920) tax. But either way he would have been saving $600 per week, which is a pipe dream for me at this point. Keep in mind the good dunst didn't have to pay HECS once he started to make decent coin, I assume. Not to mention how much rent etc. was back then.

Not that I'm even thinking about buying a house at this point.

Also, Kings Langley isn't so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Not sure if Dunst meant 60g before (about $11,000) or after (about $920) tax. But either way he would have been saving $600 per week, which is a pipe dream for me at this point. Keep in mind the good dunst didn't have to pay HECS once he started to make decent coin, I assume. Not to mention how much rent etc. was back then.

Not that I'm even thinking about buying a house at this point.

Also, Kings Langley isn't so bad.
    Wage was net, I paid HECS on my Post Grad finance degree for a few years, until I ended up paying out the remaining HECS Debt of $26k or so in a lump sum payment to the ATO. I didn't need to I just did it because I hate owing money / favours to anyone - especially governments.
    I'ts all about budgeting Parksey and investing wisely. Never ever pay top dollar for anything. Ever. And always keep a record of your spending and analyse it often to see where you can improve upon it.
    Example - My wife and I spend around $100 a week on food and groceries and we eat well - the reason it costs us fook all is we don't waste anything, rarely buy anything that is processed, and we buy in bulk whenever we can save us money.
    We cook a lot as well so wife bakes biscuits cakes, bread, scones, we make curries, casseroles, chicken dishes, seafood, Thai, Chinese, Pizza, fettuccine, BBQ ... you name it. We do everything from scratch - it tastes great and you save a fortune. Especially, if you make bulk lots and packagfe them up for lunches and so on. Save time as well.
    Utilities bills - we hound the crap out the suppliers, play them off against each other and threaten to go elsewhere if they don't give us what they want - and they always come to the party.
    Phone / Internet - again it's a competitive market tell them what you want and what you will pay for it - if they refuse go elsewhere
    Mobile Phones ? If your boss doesn't supply you with one then you only need a cheapy. Paying $70 plus a month is just insane....unless you value having a phone higher than financial Independence.
    Banks - treat them like shit - it's the only language they understand - and once you have a few dollars saved up they definitely don't want you going elsewhere with your business.
    Credit cards - **** no - get a debit card and only use it when its the only way the transaction can be made. Otherwise - always use cash.
    Flybuys / reward programs - fook no - Anyone that wants to use me for market research they can pay market rates or fook off. High income earners and travellers can get some value - but that's not you or me.

It's all about choices I guess. Your preferences / priorities are different to mine and I respect that as well. But I just hope you don't look back in twenty years time like a lot of people do and go "I wish I did things differently".

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    well i guess i just suck hey. i reckon i'd spend $50 a week on coffee alone.

i'm a decent saver, but probably haven't been as disciplined as i could be. i guess i've never really gone without, which i'm not too sad about. i'd have a lot more if i didn't quit my job last year and have to mostly live off savings for a little while.

but as i said, i'm not thinking about a home. it's not a realistic goal for me at this stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

i'm a decent saver, but probably haven't been as disciplined as i could be. i guess i've never really gone without, which i'm not too sad about. i'd have a lot more if i didn't quit my job last year and have to mostly live off savings for a little while.

but as i said, i'm not thinking about a home. it's not a realistic goal for me at this stage.
    Fair enough - the fact you were able to live off savings while not working shows you are well ahead of most anyway when it comes to saving.
    I had some bat shit crazy spending sprees in the 1980's and early 90's when Hawk and Keating were running wild. Probably good in a way as I don't really have any regrets about living a simple life these days.

And all of that is perfectly fine because it's your CHOICES.

It's when the leftist hivemind millenials start blaming the government, the damn liberals, and baby boomers for your choices though ops:
    OK

And all of that is perfectly fine because it's your CHOICES.

It's when the leftist hivemind millenials start blaming the government, the damn liberals, and baby boomers for your choices though ops:
    I don't think anyone really blames baby-boomers. It's just that for some people to expect the kind of exponential growth in house prices they saw (buying something for $25-30k which is now worth 200x that) is batshit crazy.

30-40 years ago, it was done. That's history that won't be repeated. We all face different challenges now

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I don't think anyone really blames baby-boomers.
    I do. With respect to the environment the difference between the Baby Boomers and those before them is that the Baby Boomers actually knew what they were doing would have consequences - but continued anyway.
    With respect to employment and income they grew up in an environment whereby anyone that wanted a job could have a job, because governments always filled the spending gap between actual and potential GDP to make this possible.
    Once they grabbed everything they could the Baby Boomers changed the rules so future generations in many respects would be worse off with respect to job security / earnings potential, and the ability to be able to afford a socially acceptable / determined basket of goods for want of a better description.

The Millennials may not have inherited the wealth and employment prospects of the Baby Boomers but it appears they did get the greed trait.

geez plague and Dunst become more similiar every minute. brothers? or

regardless of which side of the fence you're on the Trump Draws twitter feed is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/45...k-bill/?cs=303

$90 "splurge" on probiotic water. Burn the witch.
    OK

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/45...k-bill/?cs=303

$90 "splurge" on probiotic water. Burn the witch.
    The desire to use and promote snake oil is part and parcel of being a politician or businessperson.
    That 40k she spent would be nothing in comparison to what people are going to lose from McCloys reign of terror.
    In saying that, she should be shown the door for fraud because she certainly isn't representing the people that voted for her. I mean how the **** does anyone that studies Industrial Relations and Marketing call themselves Labour ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-04-2017 at 12:26 PM.

dangerous game this

She's no different to Mike Baird in that their fathers groomed them for the job from a very young age. All they ever learned was how to get elected. Actually, being capable of making things better for everyone was never on either of their agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    She's no different to Mike Baird in that their fathers groomed them for the job from a very young age. All they ever learned was how to get elected. Actually, being capable of making things better for everyone was never on either of their agendas.
    all gospel.
    she's aiming higher than this town.

seems in form to get a call up.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

so who do the people of newcastle actually want?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

OK

i think more the point is what do the people of Newcastle expect?

because this is her, this is who she is.
    McCloy was everything as advertised as well.

people thinking any of these dolts are here to serve 'them' are the real idiots.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Last edited by hawk; 07-04-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Once again, the conservative, mammary-heavy portfolio pays off for the thirsty investor

Trigger Trump blowing sh1t up. Always on the cards.

Is this the start of the annilation war east v west? Its only a matter of time.

Might as well send in that Wealdstone bloke to "Puttin in the rough" Putin and the other towelies. lets av' it then.