Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Milligan has actually been amazing in his games for Hibernian. Back to CDM and they haven't conceded since he came into the squad. He will be taking the bearded ones place. We have much bigger problems in this squad than Milligan.

Also, i think you're wrong about McGree. He is about on par with Steven Mauk. He isn't a winger, he isn't a CM, he isn't as good a CAM as Rogic (which is a massive insult), Dimi or Irvine. If he gets game time this year behind the striker and learns how to pick a pass maybe he will get a call but for mine he is all deep runs and no passing. Which is just a winger who can't work in tight spaces.
    And what game did Timmy have in his younger years??

Late runs and bludging in the box

Because as a midfielder he couldnt dribble or play make or even tackle

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And what game did Timmy have in his younger years??

Late runs and bludging in the box

Because as a midfielder he couldnt dribble or play make or even tackle
    Do you think McGree could play as a striker? In any league? Timmy always had the leap, no matter where he played he could jump. He used the only strength he had and formed a career out of it.

Comparing apples and vacuum cleaners here IMO. McGree could become a decent CAM but he isn't there yet, he struggled to get into our team for the majority of the season. That's not Socceroos level.

Here's a good question. Would you rather have Vargas or McGree at CAM this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Do you think McGree could play as a striker? In any league? Timmy always had the leap, no matter where he played he could jump. He used the only strength he had and formed a career out of it.

Comparing apples and vacuum cleaners here IMO. McGree could become a decent CAM but he isn't there yet, he struggled to get into our team for the majority of the season. That's not Socceroos level.

Here's a good question. Would you rather have Vargas or McGree at CAM this season?
    I dont see McGree being a 10 as his bestl position though

I see him more as a 6 or an 8

Kid has the flexibility to play all 3 and I see 8 as his ideal spot

Has he won a tackle in his entire career? He plays in spaces, not with someone in front of him. He would need to play in a diamond, which we don't play in the national team.

But that is at this stage in his career. He's going to be a better player this year if he plays all year in that city team. I'm only saying that he doesn't deserve to play in the Socceroos right now, I still think he would be on the bench at the Jets if we had Roy, Dimi, Vargas and Jair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Has he won a tackle in his entire career? He plays in spaces, not with someone in front of him. He would need to play in a diamond, which we don't play in the national team.

But that is at this stage in his career. He's going to be a better player this year if he plays all year in that city team. I'm only saying that he doesn't deserve to play in the Socceroos right now, I still think he would be on the bench at the Jets if we had Roy, Dimi, Vargas and Jair.
    Won a tackle??

Remember the game in Pissant town a few years back when he started a fracas with a grubby Mus**** like tackle a d half the Jets teamgot cards ??

He be in the team as a 6 before Kanta and Sugar

This is what i think too.
    McGree and Ugabooga ran the show from the back last year and gave our front 3rd the space they needed.

i was just under the assumption the Gypo is supposed to be building for 2022, but forgot about Asian Cup. So yeah i understand if he wants to make a run at that with blokes like Milligan etc, but the day that tournaments done hes gotta put the broom through all of it and start picking blokes who can peak in Qatar.

Also, Aussies played their best when we had a core of skilled blokes like Bresch, Cullina etc in the middle who ran the show for wide blokes like Kewell and Emerton. somehow we ended up filling the team with fragile twigs like Rogic, or lumbering oafs like Jedinak.

Would love to see us go back to having a style that we fit players into rather than picking these so called 'stars' and trying to play a style to suit them.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    This is what i think too.
    McGree and Ugabooga ran the show from the back last year and gave our front 3rd the space they needed.

i was just under the assumption the Gypo is supposed to be building for 2022, but forgot about Asian Cup. So yeah i understand if he wants to make a run at that with blokes like Milligan etc, but the day that tournaments done hes gotta put the broom through all of it and start picking blokes who can peak in Qatar.

Also, Aussies played their best when we had a core of skilled blokes like Bresch, Cullina etc in the middle who ran the show for wide blokes like Kewell and Emerton. somehow we ended up filling the team with fragile twigs like Rogic, or lumbering oafs like Jedinak.

Would love to see us go back to having a style that we fit players into rather than picking these so called 'stars' and trying to play a style to suit them.
    Why are we actually worried about the Asian Cup for ??

Comsidering the whole Ange BVM now Arnie circus in the last 12 months any hope we have is actually gone

At least last time we were at home

This time there is no way in hell we winning the thing

Matter of fact getting to the semis would be an achievement

If anything we need to sort out what our target is WC or Asian Cup and plan accordingly for it

At the moment we are not really focused on success at either and are having a bet each way

You are also right about our NT being sucessful when we had athletes in the middle like Culina and Emerton doing their thing
    With Rogic and Jedinak you have half the Gypo band in there FFS

4-0 win.
    Bring on 2022.

Dead set gypo reunion on our taxpayers money.

If ScoMo doesn't sort this out quick smart, Pauline gonna sweep to power next year.

will bolt be naturalised by 2022?

Surely we can give him citizenship before he goes to Centra Coast. Ahem Europe.

I’m gonna call it early, our 2022 aspiration hinge on Bolt.

“C’mon Usain, Come on, Come on. C’mon Usain, Come on.”

I can hear it from the air conditionined stadium terraces already.

Socceroos squad to play South Korea
    Mustafa Amini (AGF Arhus), Aziz Behich (PSV Eindhoven), Martin Boyle (Hibernian), Milos Degenek (Red Star Belgrade), Alex Gersbach (Rosenborg BK), Jackson Irvine (Hull City), James Jeggo (FK Austria Wien), Tomi Juric (FC Luzern), Matthew Jurman (Al-Ittihad Jeddah), Robbie Kruse (VfL Bochum), Mitch Langerak (GK) (Nagoya Grampus), Mathew Leckie (Hertha BSC), Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers), Awer Mabil (FC Midtjylland), Jamie Maclaren (Hibernian), Mark Milligan (Hibernian), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield Town), Andrew Nabbout (Urawa Red Diamonds), Josh Risdon (Western Sydney Wanderers), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Mat Ryan (GK) (Brighton & Hove Albion), Trent Sainsbury (PSV Eindhoven), Danny Vukovic (GK) (KRC Genk)

Train-on players
    Thomas Deng (Melbourne Victory), Craig Goodwin (Adelaide United), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Dimitri Petratos (Newcastle Jets)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Socceroos squad to play South Korea
    Mustafa Amini (AGF Arhus), Aziz Behich (PSV Eindhoven), Martin Boyle (Hibernian), Milos Degenek (Red Star Belgrade), Alex Gersbach (Rosenborg BK), Jackson Irvine (Hull City), James Jeggo (FK Austria Wien), Tomi Juric (FC Luzern), Matthew Jurman (Al-Ittihad Jeddah), Robbie Kruse (VfL Bochum), Mitch Langerak (GK) (Nagoya Grampus), Mathew Leckie (Hertha BSC), Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers), Awer Mabil (FC Midtjylland), Jamie Maclaren (Hibernian), Mark Milligan (Hibernian), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield Town), Andrew Nabbout (Urawa Red Diamonds), Josh Risdon (Western Sydney Wanderers), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Mat Ryan (GK) (Brighton & Hove Albion), Trent Sainsbury (PSV Eindhoven), Danny Vukovic (GK) (KRC Genk)

Train-on players
    Thomas Deng (Melbourne Victory), Craig Goodwin (Adelaide United), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Dimitri Petratos (Newcastle Jets)
    FFS
    1 Donkey 5 gypos and Robbie Kruse get selected yet Goodwin who is carving it up doesnt make the full squad

As for Rhyan Grant FMD Arnold is taking the piss now

When is Leigh Broxham getting a call up ??

Robbie Kruse makes me physically ill

FFS
    1 Donkey 5 gypos and Robbie Kruse get selected yet Goodwin who is carving it up doesnt make the full squad

As for Rhyan Grant FMD Arnold is taking the piss now

When is Leigh Broxham getting a call up ??
    I'd take Rhyan Grant over Josh Risdon.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    OK

So would 99% of Aussie football fans atm
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I'd rather play with 10.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'd rather play with 10.
    Correct answer