Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Like physical tickets? Or confirmation?

Flights aren’t too bad atm.
    Internal travel looks pretty shit. I’ve got potentially 3 games in 3 days which was bad planning on my behalf but I assumed there would be adequate transport.
    Bit annoying there’s limited direct flights between host cities. And from what I can tell of the transport website, limited free trains between host cities, unless you count to/from Moscow.
    Accomm is still reasonably priced.

Yeah keep monitoring the internal flights they change from week to week. I have most booked in at an average of abut $250 one way. But **** sitting on a train for 14 hrs... well worth it

edit: thats direct flights and at reasonable times.... no 6am grossness. You can leave at midnight and its like $100

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Yeah keep monitoring the internal flights they change from week to week. I have most booked in at an average of abut $250 one way. But **** sitting on a train for 14 hrs... well worth it

edit: thats direct flights and at reasonable times.... no 6am grossness. You can leave at midnight and its like $100
    From dealing with Brazil and internal flights

Earlier the better

Less chance of delays
    Less chance of **** ups

Worse case scenario you arrive in town early and have to go have a look about

Done some bussing about in Brazil

**** that for a joke

Not that much cheaper and eats into time you free

Flying all the way is the go when necessary

If you aint there in 3-4 hours bus or train it time to fly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    it would be like some bozo at the Jets wearing Griffs number.

why bother? it will never reach the heights of the master.
    Time to pass on the torch

Someone is needed to step up and deliver

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    From dealing with Brazil and internal flights

Earlier the better

Less chance of delays
    Less chance of **** ups
    All my flights are on days where I don't need to be there by a particular time, so I can enjoy my hangover in peace

The most frustrating thing I'm encountering is:
    a) the speed of trains: 7 hour drive vs 15 hour train ride for some places
    b) Moscow being the centre of Russia. I'm trying to get from Volgograd to Sochi and ALL the flights I can find go via Moscow, which if you look on a map, is ridiculous. But still 100x more time efficient than a train. It's like going Canberra to Melbourne via Brisbane.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah thanks to la baz i've got all my accom booked and it looks like it won't cost much more than 1000. staying at hostels mostly so hoping there's a few aussies around.

getting between cities looks the biggest hurdle. the flights all leave at the stroke of midnight and take 5 hours to get there because of the Moscow stopovers. surely there is a better way?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Unfortunately flights are the most time efficient way, an even that isn’t efficient.
    I’ve read somewhere people planning to take taxis For the kazan - samara leg.
    Tbh, if you’ve just got Australia games, forking out the $300 for a few early flights ain’t a bad investment to avoid spending the night on a train.

Where’d you guys book in samara? Via booking.com? Or other??
    There’s like surprisingly close to nothing left compared to other places.
    I booked my Kazan place via the FIFA website which surprisingly had some decently priced options. Will probs also use the fifa site to do Nizhny (Sweden V Korea).

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yeah thanks to la baz i've got all my accom booked and it looks like it won't cost much more than 1000. staying at hostels mostly so hoping there's a few aussies around.

getting between cities looks the biggest hurdle. the flights all leave at the stroke of midnight and take 5 hours to get there because of the Moscow stopovers. surely there is a better way?
    Have a gander on KAYAK legend - all my flights are between 200-300 but all at good times like midday and mid afternoon. so all up I think I paid a bit under a grand for 3 flights. Just depends how much you value your time. Personally I'd rather spend a bit then sit on a train for 14+ hours

Every other city I went booking.com - but Samara I went AirB&B.... but it's one night so if I have to sleep in a car so be it haha

have many people here not got any tickets? Just trying to gauge if a lot of people missed out or not?

A group of 4 of us have had no luck with tickets so far but have accomodation booked. all have pending showing in our applications which we guess by now well and truely means we missed out.

not sure what the chances will be like in first come first served on the 13th.

I stupidly thought it would be easier than last time with Brazil.

I know of maybe 12 people who applied. All got tickets. One guy didn’t get tickets to aus vs Peru.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    have many people here not got any tickets? Just trying to gauge if a lot of people missed out or not?

A group of 4 of us have had no luck with tickets so far but have accomodation booked. all have pending showing in our applications which we guess by now well and truely means we missed out.

not sure what the chances will be like in first come first served on the 13th.

I stupidly thought it would be easier than last time with Brazil.
    That's strange - the tickets I didnt get (non-oz games) have all said they weren't successful. Make sure your payment method was correct as thats the only reason I can think of why it would still say pending? I stupidly put the wrong account but got an error email and transferred accordingly

yeah we checked with banks and they said nothing had come up, I was hoping they’d blocked it but nope.

we thought maybe as we all applied for cat 3 that it was maybe only cat 3 that a lot of people that may have missed out tried for.

lucky they sent you an error email and didn’t just move onto the next person!

yeah we checked with banks and they said nothing had come up, I was hoping they’d blocked it but nope.

we thought maybe as we all applied for cat 3 that it was maybe only cat 3 that a lot of people that may have missed out tried for.

lucky they sent you an error email and didn’t just move onto the next person!
    Ahhh bugger. Yeah possibly, in the next round for the games I missed out I'm going cat 1 to hopefully have a better chance.

Haha yeah plus I'd booked for two other blokes and they would have killed me after they'd already paid for everything else

Did the 2 other blokes apply for tickets?

All 4 people in our group applied for tickets so we thought maybe FIFA threw out our application since in the fine print think that’s against the rules.

Did the 2 other blokes apply for tickets?

All 4 people in our group applied for tickets so we thought maybe FIFA threw out our application since in the fine print think that’s against the rules.
    awwww shiiiit. Yeah that could be it. No I just applied for the three of us. Surprised they haven't given you a heads up though, I got updated pretty quickly on the wrong card thingy

Interesting if they did indeed cancel 4 x 4 duplicate applications.
    Seems off you didn’t get any at all.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah looks like i'll bite the bullet on the flights, and booking.com has been a lifesaver with accommodation.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I’m kind of hoping they did cancel them and that there isn’t more demand for tickets than are available. hopefully get some in the next sales phase.

Anyone else hoping to get tickets tonight?

Yeah looking for Germany-Sweden