Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Basically Stanny, the quicker the rise the faster the fall.

So whilst it would take decades for Man U and Liverpool to lose their powerhouse status, it would take about 5 years out of Europe for Chelsea to lose theirs.
    This.

Also, I'm agree twice with the Arsenal man in the same post (that concerns me). Invincible season was an amazing side.
    Actually, 3 times. If Poch does wander off to Madrid we are in big strife.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    This.

Also, I'm agree twice with the Arsenal man in the same post (that concerns me). Invincible season was an amazing side.
    Actually, 3 times. If Poch does wander off to Madrid we are in big strife.
    Looking forward to the Carabao Cup. Poch would be advised to take that game very seriously with the mood around the club at the moment.

Cue a Carl Jenkinson hat trick to send Poch tumbling towards Madrid, haha. (side note: I was so happy that Jenko got game time against Blackpool. He is one of my favourite players of all time purely for the fact that he is a proper Arsenal fan and got to play for them as a professional. He is living the true football dream.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Looking forward to the Carabao Cup. Poch would be advised to take that game very seriously with the mood around the club at the moment.

Cue a Carl Jenkinson hat trick to send Poch tumbling towards Madrid, haha. (side note: I was so happy that Jenko got game time against Blackpool. He is one of my favourite players of all time purely for the fact that he is a proper Arsenal fan and got to play for them as a professional. He is living the true football dream.)
    Arsenal got lucky against the powerhouse that is Blackpool, geez that ref was handing out cards like candy on Halloween.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Arsenal got lucky against the powerhouse that is Blackpool, geez that ref was handing out cards like candy on Halloween.
    Ref was very green and seemed to get nervous. Terrible against both teams, both Reds shouldn't have been given.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You lost 3 games that season and drew 12 times, Not to mention you actually played to draw and not win a fair few of your games. United won three trophies and We broke the at the time points amassed and goals conceded record
    United and Chelsea's golden trophy looks really nice - oh wait.

Remember a few years ago Chelsea early on looked like they'd attempt an unbeaten season.. was it 14/15? And whom did they lose to, was it Newcastle or someone like that? I remember at the time the hype was real.

Arsenal may very well have burned bridges in other competitions in the Invincibles year but no one can ever take away that shiny golden trophy.. unless they raid Arsene Wenger's house and steal it.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    United and Chelsea's golden trophy looks really nice - oh wait.

Remember a few years ago Chelsea early on looked like they'd attempt an unbeaten season.. was it 14/15? And whom did they lose to, was it Newcastle or someone like that? I remember at the time the hype was real.

Arsenal may very well have burned bridges in other competitions in the Invincibles year but no one can ever take away that shiny golden trophy.. unless they raid Arsene Wenger's house and steal it.
    They cant take it away but other teams have had more impressive seasons and that's just life

They cant take it away but other teams have had more impressive seasons and that's just life
    Your (blind) love for Chelsea is admirable, Stanny, BUT to say that any recent team has had a more impressive season than The Invincibles is a stretch...

Lester's title win was prob a more unlikely event that Arsebal going undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Lester's title win was prob a more unlikely event that Arsebal going undefeated.
    I'd say it is in its own tier of special. They don't compete, but both are wonders that should be cherished for a long time to come.

Teams not includig Chelsea
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I wonder what both would have paid at bookies at the start of their respective seasons. Both absurdly unlikely, and both amazing
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Your (blind) love for Chelsea is admirable, Stanny, BUT to say that any recent team has had a more impressive season than The Invincibles is a stretch...
    Never said recent. Just the United treble team and Chelsea 04/05 for conceding only 15 goals while breaking at the time the points record

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I wonder what both would have paid at bookies at the start of their respective seasons. Both absurdly unlikely, and both amazing
    Lester were famously 5000/1, theres no way the odds of an undefeated season were bigger than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Arsenal vs Liverpool was an absolute cracker of a game. Deserved draw for both teams. Both could have won it and went at it for 95 mins which is all you want.

Our attack looked superb in patches. If we could get to this level for 90 mins week in week out we would be very serious title contenders.

Arsenal vs Liverpool was an absolute cracker of a game. Deserved draw for both teams. Both could have won it and went at it for 95 mins which is all you want.

Our attack looked superb in patches. If we could get to this level for 90 mins week in week out we would be very serious title contenders.
    I only seen the 2nd half and I thought that you guys were far better than us. We looked dangerous on the counter everytime but you guys controlled the game, Lucas Torreira was brilliant.

As a Pool fan after watching the second half I'm stoked with a point. Yeah the equalizer in the 80th odd minute was painful but a point away to an in form Arsenal and playing pretty ordinary, I'll take that.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

2 things after watching the highlights.

Mkhitaryan should have had a penalty after Allison clattered into him.
    Mane's goal should have stood.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    2 things after watching the highlights.

Mkhitaryan should have had a penalty after Allison clattered into him.
    Mane's goal should have stood.
    I don't think the Mkyhi one should have been a penalty. Because the same thing happened against Van Dyjk from Leno in the 1st half that wasn't called. Happy for both not to be called but can understand if they were.

The Mane goal could have been called back because the linesman thought he got involved with the play initially. Not for the 2nd shot where he was onside. BUT that could have easily been given as a goal on another night.

It was an awesome game, I highly recommend you watch the entire thing if you get a chance. It was so quick and both teams went at it.

I don't think the Mkyhi one should have been a penalty. Because the same thing happened against Van Dyjk from Leno in the 1st half that wasn't called. Happy for both not to be called but can understand if they were.

The Mane goal could have been called back because the linesman thought he got involved with the play initially. Not for the 2nd shot where he was onside. BUT that could have easily been given as a goal on another night.

It was an awesome game, I highly recommend you watch the entire thing if you get a chance. It was so quick and both teams went at it.
    Fully agree that Mkhitaryan could go either way, the VVD one was probably less of a penalty shout but he was offside anyway so it's completely irrelevant what happens after that.

Would be interested to see what VAR would have done with Mane's. Mane turned seen Bobby and immediately moved away from the ball, imo he wasn't offside.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

FA wants to cap the number of loan players a club can have at 8.

Chelsea currently have 39 on loan... I wonder if that is a deliberate shot at the Russian by the FA?

Has Stanny gone into hiding or something?
    I'M GULLIBLE!