Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    All clubs should have a second venue??

Surely you jest?

Most struggle with the cost and maintenance of 1 venue, let alone a second.
    Well maybe if they paid their players less money it wouldn't be an issue??

Can spend hundred grand a year in wages but cant maintain a second pitch let alone the first one??

Question though that has to be asked if the majority in Sydney's NPL can have artificial pitches then how come not one of our clubs has made the effort to get one ??

I'm not sure artificial pitches are that great tbh.
    If you can properly maintain your first pitch, it shouldn't be necessary.
    We used to train at Glendale once a week, that field was brilliant. Flat, no bobble, short grass, bit of dew on it, it was brilliant.
    Artificial pitches are all weather, but that's kinda where the positives stop. Give me a good grass pitch over artificial any day.

How do hybrid pitches compare? I imagine it'd be much much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    councils need to start understanding that football is the most played sport in the county (and will continue to grow) and start allocating fields and funding based on that
    we currently share a field with rugby league, AFL and cricket and despite our best efforts to maintain it (without any help from other codes or council) the amount of traffic is starting to wear the grass down as it get used 6 or 7 days of the week
    then you will see other codes fields only being used a couple of times a week and council throwing money at them
    This is probably the most real comment i have read on the Foz for a long time, it is something i know a lot of club experience. We are really the only code who require the pitch to be in its best possible condition. The lack of money and effort put in by councils, associations etc is embarrassingly low and yet you have clubs with volunteers putting in their own time (and a heap of it) and clubs money to improve the facilities and fields the best they can all for others to come in and ruin it with the quantity of traffic. It really does feel like you are fighting a losing battle!
    Sorry i know slightly off topic (belongs in its own thread as im talking community grounds like Suns) but its such a huge thing in my opinion.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    This is probably the most real comment i have read on the Foz for a long time, it is something i know a lot of club experience. We are really the only code who require the pitch to be in its best possible condition. The lack of money and effort put in by councils, associations etc is embarrassingly low and yet you have clubs with volunteers putting in their own time (and a heap of it) and clubs money to improve the facilities and fields the best they can all for others to come in and ruin it with the quantity of traffic. It really does feel like you are fighting a losing battle!
    Sorry i know slightly off topic (belongs in its own thread as im talking community grounds like Suns) but its such a huge thing in my opinion.
    Spot on here.

Having played a fair bit in Sydney the major difference is that they have more fields to train on, plus more fields with lights - gives the No.1 grounds time to recover during the week somewhat and be in better nick for the weekend.

The youth teams still get a good run on the better fields, however there would be no way they would be training on them during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Y Bloo? View Post
    And here we go again. Ned starts blaming parents for everything, then complains that the discussion doesn't belong in this blog. At least we can assume Neds not a parent and be thankful for him not diluting the gene pool.
    Brad
    You are so ill informed , bordering on simpleton

Typo
    I meant Brett

Quote Originally Posted by NED DEVINE View Post
    Typo
    I meant Brett
    Now you are really showing your ignorance.

Weston not much better , and Lisle Carr not far behind .
    All clubs will tell you it's down to overuse
    Club's need to do what they do in Sydney and lots of other places . That being play their youth teams at an alternate venue .
    Grounds , mostly maintained by volunteers , simply cannot cope with around 140 games a year , that includes trials .
    Edgeworth have had other problems . Weston is the worst I've seen it .

But try selling that to all these new age " entitled parents" . They must play on the main pitch and that's that .
    You don't get to play on Marconi Stadium unless it's a Grand Final till your a senior player .
    It now seems a god given right that every 13 year old needs to play on any club's #1 pitch .

All clubs should have a 2nd venue .
    Outstanding Post Ned, CCB will have a second venue next year that will alleviate overuse issues at Lisle Carr.

Typo
    I meant Brett
    I thought you boys were going to sort it out and punch on at Edgy v Charly a few weeks back....

Weston not much better , and Lisle Carr not far behind .
    All clubs will tell you it's down to overuse
    Club's need to do what they do in Sydney and lots of other places . That being play their youth teams at an alternate venue .
    Grounds , mostly maintained by volunteers , simply cannot cope with around 140 games a year , that includes trials .
    Edgeworth have had other problems . Weston is the worst I've seen it .

But try selling that to all these new age " entitled parents" . They must play on the main pitch and that's that .
    You don't get to play on Marconi Stadium unless it's a Grand Final till your a senior player .
    It now seems a god given right that every 13 year old needs to play on any club's #1 pitch .

All clubs should have a 2nd venue .
    I watched an u/14 match there 6 years ago, they played Rugby League at the joint the day before, get your facts right before talking off the top of your head. Clubs if they are fair dinkum need to spend money on there grounds rather than players, thats what community clubs do!!

When's Ruben going to stop complaining, every week his moaning

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    When's Ruben going to stop complaining, every week his moaning
    What's his gripe this week FR??

The state of the toilets at Magic Park or Olympic fans are bringing pizza to Magic Park this weekend??

His got to many injured players, poor bugger

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    His got to many injured players, poor bugger
    I watched Magic play at the weekend and from memory these blokes started

Faj up front
    Kale wide left
    Vigili wide right
    Haynes in the 10
    Shane Paul in CM
    Luke Virgili was at Left Back
    Piddo was a CB
    The bloke from Tassie in goals

Not placing the other spots I missing but even
    Petit was on the bench

What the **** he talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I watched Magic play at the weekend and from memory these blokes started

Faj up front
    Kale wide left
    Vigili wide right
    Haynes in the 10
    Shane Paul in CM
    Luke Virgili was at Left Back
    Piddo was a CB
    The bloke from Tassie in goals

Not placing the other spots I missing but even
    Petit was on the bench

What the **** he talking about??
    Current injury list...
    KANTA... season
    BARBER... season
    GRIFF... unknown
    FOTEFF... 3 weeks
    ROBINSON... 3 weeks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Current injury list...
    KANTA... season
    BARBER... season
    GRIFF... unknown
    FOTEFF... 3 weeks
    ROBINSON... 3 weeks
    So 5 blokes out injured and can still have enough depth that you can leave Scott Petit on the bench??

Zads is taking the piss really

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So 5 blokes out injured and can still have enough depth that you can leave Scott Petit on the bench??

Zads is taking the piss really
    Looks like majority of those are central midfielders/defenders. Petit is more an an attacker/winger.

poor Magic. The only team in the Comp with injuries apparently.

Pretty sure the only comments were on the injury replacement rules. You can't sign a player on injury waiver from the local league. You're only allowed to sign players outside the league which was a rule change from this year.
    You can take what you want from a reporter who cuts and pastes the comments he chooses to create an article to get people talking. If you're that ignorant to not realize that, then there isn't much more that can be said to you - believe what you like.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Pretty sure the only comments were on the injury replacement rules. You can't sign a player on injury waiver from the local league. You're only allowed to sign players outside the league which was a rule change from this year.
    You can take what you want from a reporter who cuts and pastes the comments he chooses to create an article to get people talking. If you're that ignorant to not realize that, then there isn't much more that can be said to you - believe what you like.
    The funny thing is in the same article Zadcovich went on to say that he likes promoting youth anyway. So his gripe did not make sense.