Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I expect Terrace, Stockton and Cooks Hill to be strong from their last years performance.

Everyone is also talking about Warners Bay schnitzel money?

We have Wallsend and Westlakes that moved up. Both teams sounded strong.
    Westlakes sound like a similar team to last years, that won the premiership.
    Wallsend I am keen to know on any losses to NPL1 (heard maybe) or gains from trails.

Any news from other teams?
    We at Wallsend are going ok, we did lose a couple of players to the NewFM squad but we did gain others from trials.
    Preseason is going along good and with the players we have we should be competitive this season in all 3 grades, well hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    ZPL thread says a team dropping down and expressions of interest from here are being sought to go up. Interesting
    Wow. Interesting. Know who dropped?
    A few good candidates that could go up.

Morriset want to be dropped. Who do you think deserves to move up into ZPL ?

For mine WB only club with the depth to be competitive in all 3 grades. From the bit i saw last year of ZPL a few first grade ZL1 teams would be competitive but ZPL Ressies & Thirds is a definite step up from ZL1.

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    For mine WB only club with the depth to be competitive in all 3 grades. From the bit i saw last year of ZPL a few first grade ZL1 teams would be competitive but ZPL Ressies & Thirds is a definite step up from ZL1.
    I think Cooks Hill would be competitive in all grades, didn't they make semis in all last season?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

That's a terribly biased claim, seeing as though not many teams have even had a trial yet...
    I don't see why the following teams couldn't move up:

Stockton - Peformance last year
    Raymond Terrace - Performance last year
    Garden Suburbs - Got dropped from there, still seems a valid option

Garden Suburb will not be applying to go up, the club committee and the Zone League Committee met tonight and we have decided to stay in ZL1.

We were relegated last season and will work as a club to rebuild towards promotion.

Good luck to whoever steps up.

Definitely not biased I play for Cooks Hill. I reckon Stockton & Raymond Terrace could be competitive in first grade but no disrespect but look where their lower grades finished last year. And as I stated previously there's a big step up in depth in ZPL.
    As for no trials yet the association would only have last year to go on. I'm not bagging the clubs it's just my opinion that the only current club that would competitive across all 3 grades is WB. Based solely on last years result and recent track records.
    Cooks Hill have already been told that we're at the bottom of the queue due to having a NEWFM squad. I think they want ZPL teams to be their clubs highest team if that makes sense. So anyone who puts a submission in would go ahead of us, other than Wallsend I suppose.

Ps what happens if no ZL1 clubs want to go up?
    Is Morriset stuck there?

Ps what happens if no ZL1 clubs want to go up?
    Is Morriset stuck there?
    Bye?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Bye?
    My understanding is, they wont accept the "demotion" until another club applies and Northern accepts them to take the spot.

So Morriset will stay unless someone applies.

What a nightmare that'd be. 9 & 11 team comps. Has Morrisets request been approved or is it pending a suitable replacement??

Definitely not biased I play for Cooks Hill. I reckon Stockton & Raymond Terrace could be competitive in first grade but no disrespect but look where their lower grades finished last year. And as I stated previously there's a big step up in depth in ZPL.
    As for no trials yet the association would only have last year to go on. I'm not bagging the clubs it's just my opinion that the only current club that would competitive across all 3 grades is WB. Based solely on last years result and recent track records.
    Cooks Hill have already been told that we're at the bottom of the queue due to having a NEWFM squad. I think they want ZPL teams to be their clubs highest team if that makes sense. So anyone who puts a submission in would go ahead of us, other than Wallsend I suppose.
    Sounds about right there, both Terrace and Stockton 1st grade made the finals but lower grades finished bottom half. Unless they can prove they have recruited well enough you can only go off last years results.

Anyone from either club care to comment if they are applying? My pick would be Warners Bay to go up.

What a nightmare that'd be. 9 & 11 team comps. Has Morrisets request been approved or is it pending a suitable replacement??
    Both comps will have 10 teams. It will either be the club who asked to be demoted is replaced by a ZL1 club or the club who asked to be demoted have their request denied and they play ZPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Uh god I hope they stay there, nobody wants morisset back in ZL1, them getting promoted was the best thing for ZL1 last year. Send them back to ZL3 if you have to!

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Uh god I hope they stay there, nobody wants morisset back in ZL1, them getting promoted was the best thing for ZL1 last year. Send them back to ZL3 if you have to!
    This!

[QUOTE=Roundball Enthusiast;173657]My understanding is, they wont accept the "demotion" until another club applies and Northern accepts them to take the spot.

Northern???
    they have no say in ZPL...
    cheers

Raymond Terrace wont be applying for ZPL for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    We at Wallsend are going ok, we did lose a couple of players to the NewFM squad but we did gain others from trials.
    Preseason is going along good and with the players we have we should be competitive this season in all 3 grades, well hopefully.
    Question I have on Wallsend, and I mean no malice here. I was under the impression you guys didn't train last year, is that right? People told me that, and it made me appreciate how well you guys did compared to all the other teams that did train. And if the no training thing was true, is it true you've now got a former state league coach and are training relatively heavily (for your standards)? It just seems to have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other, and I'm just curious how it went down. I just would have assumed that there would have been a big appeal to some of your club men to not train and that's what you previously embraced about the club? So it just seems odd you'd go full bottle now.

Talking about Morisset relegating themselves - I don't fully understand why they'd ask to go from ZPL to ZL1. It doesn't seem to be that drastic a difference to me. I would have thought if any team in ZPL or ZL1 wanted to relegate themselves, it would be due to not being able to field 3 grades? So I guess I'm wondering - are Mory asking to go from ZPL to ZL1 or are they asking to go to ZL2 and only need 2 grades? All hypotheticals, all genuine questions here.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Northern???
    they have no say in ZPL...
    cheers
    Northern/Macquarie who ever pretends to run the Zone Leagues.