Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    If there was any position on the field I'd want to be a player coach, it would definitely be Goal keeper.
    I agree, being a keeper myself you can definitely see what is happening all over the park.. I know I always have something to say at the halftime chat as Iv seen something others on the field may not have.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Charly keeper off to Kotara South as player coach.
    Jumping off a sinking ship

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I agree, being a keeper myself you can definitely see what is happening all over the park.. I know I always have something to say at the halftime chat as Iv seen something others on the field may not have.
    Who listens to keepers at all though? Strange bunch..
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Who listens to keepers at all though? Strange bunch..
    Haha true can't say there have been to many times they have asked for my opinion, but every half time I seem to give it. Lol

Anyone know when the teams for each comp get put out? Interesting to see what clubs fold drop down etc hearing plenty of rumours sides be good to see what's true and what's not

Quote Originally Posted by 4attheback View Post
    Anyone know when the teams for each comp get put out? Interesting to see what clubs fold drop down etc hearing plenty of rumours sides be good to see what's true and what's not
    Nominations aren't due until the 20th.

Any news on the teams that have applied for ZL1? Did Bero apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Any news on the teams that have applied for ZL1? Did Bero apply?
    Applications only closed Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Applications only closed Friday
    True but in this age of fast communication we need answers now...

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    True but in this age of fast communication we need answers now...

Surely we got some answers now ��

Quote Originally Posted by 4attheback View Post
    Surely we got some answers now ��
    There was late submissions so think we hear this week

A few interesting changes in 2018's comp. Would have thought Terrace might've made the jump to ZPL with Barnsley. Azurri make a double jump to ZL1, From what i've seen on their facebook the passion they bring to football can only be a good thing for this comp. As well as some lighthearted banter to go with it that we all know they are good for. Someone better tell them now to not kick the ball out of play when 1 up at Suburbs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    A few interesting changes in 2018's comp. Would have thought Terrace might've made the jump to ZPL with Barnsley. Azurri make a double jump to ZL1, From what i've seen on their facebook the passion they bring to football can only be a good thing for this comp. As well as some lighthearted banter to go with it that we all know they are good for. Someone better tell them now to not kick the ball out of play when 1 up at Suburbs though.
    3 up**

Raymond Terrace applied to go up to ZPL, but without automatic promotion we were relying heavily on a ZPL team to fold or willing to drop down to ZL1. I think this will be a tough comp

Quote Originally Posted by XRanger View Post
    Raymond Terrace applied to go up to ZPL, but without automatic promotion we were relying heavily on a ZPL team to fold or willing to drop down to ZL1. I think this will be a tough comp
    The two biggest surprises for me with the new setup was where did Argy go, and Terrace in ZL1 again. What is it, 4 grand finals in a row? Particularly how close the top 3 were in ZL1 last year I would have thought at least 2 of those teams would have headed up.

Awesome news for Azzuri and also Maryland for getting third grades. I'm sure it will keep a lot of clubmen at both clubs that may have felt pushed out with only 2 grades. Awesome for both teams. Although it does disturb me that the Azzuri v Simba game at the tafe isn't happening, I had that penned in my calendar already!

Agreed X, this looks like it will be a tough comp again. Uni combining their teams you'd imagine would be strong. Suburb() if they keep that same team really should win the thing and I'm still shocked they didn't last year. Wallsend, according to the ZPL thread, have lost their coach so I assume are a bit of an unknown. Terrace will be looking again to add another Grand Final and arguably more to their trophy cabinet for sure. And Azzuri, if able to keep the team together, have a squad that I reckon rivals Suburb() so they'll be phenomenal - wait sorry if you talk to the Azzuri boys they're fully ready for the battle to #survivethedrop looks like a tidy comp and a win for most that there are so few trips up the valley!
    OK

Makes sense too apply. Guess you guys are hoping for another morrisset of last year happening now.

Makes sense too apply. Guess you guys are hoping for another morrisset of last year happening now.
    Yeah, as long as it’s not too close to the season. It’s hard to attract players that would make a decent impact in ZPL when your nominated for ZL1 all pre season. More than half of our 1st grade recruitments from the last 3 years have been from wooden spooners from the previous years(medowie, tenambit and Nelson bay)lol

Yeah, as long as it’s not too close to the season. It’s hard to attract players that would make a decent impact in ZPL when your nominated for ZL1 all pre season. More than half of our 1st grade recruitments from the last 3 years have been from wooden spooners from the previous years(medowie, tenambit and Nelson bay)lol
    This statement is very true, as you can see from our results at Warners Bay this year. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    wait sorry if you talk to the Azzuri boys they're fully ready for the battle to #survivethedrop
    To be fair, it would be an absolute miracle if Azzurri were to get out of the basement next year. Predicting a very tough season for them considering the quality that exists in this competition. They will probably be star struck at being in a competition as high as ID1.