Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So is Azzuri going up to ZL2 or they happy to win 10-0 each week?
    Azzuri will apply for higher than ZL2. Whether that happens is another story. They definitely won't be on ZL3 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Azzuri will apply for higher than ZL2. Whether that happens is another story. They definitely won't be on ZL3 next year.
    Thats good, could definetly compete in ZPL imho

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    West Wallsend are coming on board but it is pretty much made up of a lot of the Edgy boys from this season... I wonder what that will mean for Edgy? Any one know if they will enter a team again in 2018? I'd say they'll need a lot of new players.
    One of our guys just sent us a link to west wallsend zl3 Facebook. Looks like they are trying to copy Azzurri's Facebook. Thats probably where the comparisons stop. Promoting signings that nobody has heard off??? Good to see the attendance at trials, but are those signings edgeworth zl3 or edgeworth all age guys? Because ive never seen them.

If they are all edgeworth zl3 guys its hard to see them getting a team or is it just edgeworth rebadged as west wallsend 'Westies'

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    One of our guys just sent us a link to west wallsend zl3 Facebook. Looks like they are trying to copy Azzurri's Facebook. Thats probably where the comparisons stop. Promoting signings that nobody has heard off??? Good to see the attendance at trials, but are those signings edgeworth zl3 or edgeworth all age guys? Because ive never seen them.

If they are all edgeworth zl3 guys its hard to see them getting a team or is it just edgeworth rebadged as west wallsend 'Westies'
    I'd say Westie will be made up of mostly the Edgy ID3 2017 team plus whoever else they can pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I'd say Westie will be made up of mostly the Edgy ID3 2017 team plus whoever else they can pick up.
    To hear it straight from the horses mouth, we had 52 people at our trials and we cut our squads down to 32, in which a lot of the old edgy boys did not get in a select few did however this West Wallsend team is a mixture of teams from Toronto stags, to west lakes even new lambton eagles players it’s a whole new squad for both first grade and second grade for next year and have a lot of quality throughout both teams I think our boys will surprise a lot of people next year and open a lot of eyes! Keen as for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBell View Post
    To hear it straight from the horses mouth, we had 52 people at our trials and we cut our squads down to 32, in which a lot of the old edgy boys did not get in a select few did however this West Wallsend team is a mixture of teams from Toronto stags, to west lakes even new lambton eagles players it’s a whole new squad for both first grade and second grade for next year and have a lot of quality throughout both teams I think our boys will surprise a lot of people next year and open a lot of eyes! Keen as for 2018
    Sounds good. Won't surprise me, Blue Bells are favourites to win the comp in my eyes.

Maitland FC have sent in paper work again
    any news on who else has?

Has anybody got any trials lined up as off yet ? We have 1 against azzurri looking for a couple more before ffa cup

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBell View Post
    Has anybody got any trials lined up as off yet ? We have 1 against azzurri looking for a couple more before ffa cup
    Is this a serious question? Its early November, get a life. There is more to life then football

Is this a serious question? Its early November, get a life. There is more to life then football
    We have pretty much organised our whole preseason

I think it's great to see clubs getting more involved and organised earlier, isn't the ultimate goal to increase professionalism, passion and commitment to the game across all levels of football?

There is more to life then football
    This sir is where you are mistaken!!

This probably sheds light as to why Mayf have been rooted to the bottom of ZL3 for the past 80 years

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    If you knew me personally I think you would agree that I most certainly do have a life outside of football that keeps me ridiculously busy. What I'm more getting at is that you shouldn't begrudge a side for wanting to better themselves. There's no substitute for hardwork/training and all I seem to read from you is shitbagging other clubs when yours has failed year after year
    Mayfield start their preseason in January which seems to indicate hardwork/training... a bit confused why a club that loses half its squad each year gets constantly bagged out, yet keeps applying each year, recruiting new players, and never give up?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    This probably sheds light as to why Mayf have been rooted to the bottom of ZL3 for the past 80 years

Dudley Redhead United Zone League 3 Squad will be have a kick next Thursday (December 14) at Liles oval Redhead from 6.15. New players welcome as we will be looking to new players to add to last years squad. For Further details send me a private msg