Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2017 Zone League 3 thread

discussion starts here

Ciao Putas

Hi all,

It is with regret that we inform that RAAF Williamtown have had to pull out of the ZFL3 competition for this upcoming season.
    This has been due to movements of players onto other ventures, or postings to other locations.
    The boys will still be putting in an All Age team though, and we wish them the very best while they rebuild their team and hopefully enter the competition again in future years.

As it stands, the ZFL3 competition will drop back to a 12 Team Competition with a BYE.
    They have important things to focus on like keeping our country safe from Trump.

A shame about raaf, 2nd year in a row that teams have fallen late. After their player number problems last year it probably the best call considering 22 rounds.
    If raaf play zone leagues in the future they may need to sign around 10 non raaf player's to keep team going. Was this looked at this year??

Trials wanted

Hey lads.

I am looking to get in contact with any club who would be keen on having a trial game against Raymond Terrace .

We can host midweek or sundays or travel if need be.
    We are not fussed by your clubs division or number or teams you can bring on the day.

Please feel free to PM me and see if we can lock in a date.

Word is lake macquarie juniors out of competition

so does that make the teams in the comp below

MEDOWIE FC
    MAYFIELD UJSFC
    BOLWARRA
    MAITLAND JUNIOR
    EDGEWORTH
    HAMILTON AZZURRI
    LAKE MACQUARIE
    ABERMAIN RAMS
    DUDLEY REDHEAD
    MAITLAND FC

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    so does that make the teams in the comp below

MEDOWIE FC
    MAYFIELD UJSFC
    BOLWARRA
    MAITLAND JUNIOR
    EDGEWORTH
    HAMILTON AZZURRI
    LAKE MACQUARIE
    ABERMAIN RAMS
    DUDLEY REDHEAD
    MAITLAND FC
    LAKE MACQUARIE CITY NOW OUT TOO. soon it will be a 4 team comp

Was there any chance of 2 lake macquarie teams merging?

so does that mean there is no lake Macquarie teams

Sounds like Abermain will be playing all age

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Sounds like Abermain will be playing all age
    Its not april fools day yet, surely not another team going? For real?

Abermain are struggling for numbers again, and from what I'm hearing won't be accepted for ZL3

Its a shame that a few clubs have fallen over plus a few have or are in trouble. Dudley were in a dangerous position about 3 weeks ago, but with a fair bit of effort have managed to stay reasonably solid.
    The association may need to look at doing all it can to keep players in the sport and in zone leagues and clubs in the competition.

Trial wanted

Raymond Terrace soccer club are looking for a team that would like to trial our 3rd grade side this thursday (9-2-17) at Raymond Terrace

Please PM if interested

Interested to see how fellow ZL3 teams are shaping up so far. Even with the withdrawal of Lake Mac x 2, Raaf and possibly Abermain I still see a tough comp ahead in 2017. Without knowing too much about both Maitland teams I anticipate at least one, if not both to be strong. After the way Argie burst on the scene last year we need to be ready for the newcomers to come out firing. I think pre-season favourites would be Azzuri based on the info shared and expect Bolwarra to be right in the mix. Medowie could be anything after dropping down a grade.
    I am curious what they will do with the draw if only 8 teams? 14 games is too few IMO.
    My top 4 prediction in no particular order. Dudley (big surprise) Azzuri, Maitland Snr, Bolwarra.

Did see a post from the new medowie coach on face book chasing players. I know some of there players from last year and juniors coming through have left for newer pasture's.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Interested to see how fellow ZL3 teams are shaping up so far. Even with the withdrawal of Lake Mac x 2, Raaf and possibly Abermain I still see a tough comp ahead in 2017. Without knowing too much about both Maitland teams I anticipate at least one, if not both to be strong. After the way Argie burst on the scene last year we need to be ready for the newcomers to come out firing. I think pre-season favourites would be Azzuri based on the info shared and expect Bolwarra to be right in the mix. Medowie could be anything after dropping down a grade.
    I am curious what they will do with the draw if only 8 teams? 14 games is too few IMO.
    My top 4 prediction in no particular order. Dudley (big surprise) Azzuri, Maitland Snr, Bolwarra.
    When I played ZL3 a few years ago it was an 8 team, 18 game comp.

Muswellbrook Eagles are looking for trial games during February/March for both First and Reserve Grade teams.
    Can do either home or away.
    If you're team is interested, please get in contact with me via PM here, or I can PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Word is lake macquarie juniors out of competition
    Have some friends at Lakes... unfortunately they had 10-15 players pull out on them so the ZP3 plans fell apart. Will be back in All Age this year.

Not sure what happened to the team City were planning to put in however.

so I have heard Abermain have all but folded