Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

Mayfield v Redhead
    Res 1-2
    1st 0-4.

Mayfield v redhead (again)
    Res 1-1
    1st 1-2
    Both sides pretty tired after very short turn around. Redhead 9 unavailable, mayfield had quite a few out too i guess. Looking at recent results bolwarra one of a few with high squad numbers?

Bolwarra squad is as depleted as anyone's. Only time we have had a full squad is when we lost to mayfield lol

Games this weekend
    Hamilton Vs Bolwarra - Hamilton First - Bolwarra Ressies
    Dudley Vs Medowie - Dudley both grades
    Edgeworth Vs Mayfield - Edgyworth both grades
    Maitland Jnr Vs Maitland Fc - Maitland Fc both grades

HEY Cunning, you have been pretty close in your tips this year. Be interested in your predictions for where each team will finish and on what points.

Just because I am bored here they are
    First grade
    Hamilton 63 points
    Maitland Fc 45 points
    Bolwarra 38 points
    Dudley 35 points
    Edgeworth 30 points
    Medowie 26 points
    Maitland Jnr 9 points
    Mayfield 3 points

Reserve
    Maitland Fc 57 points
    Edgeworth 47 points
    Bolwarra 45 points
    Hamilton 31 Points
    Dudley 24 points
    Medowie 19 points
    Maitland Jnr 11 points
    Mayfield 7 points

Good work cunning. Just had word medowie forfeited ressies tomoz. Will just say we had 10 out and were still playing both teams. That left us 20. They must be really low on numbers but aren't we all?

Hamilton v bolwarra washed out.

Redhead 7 medowie 1

Edgeworth vs Mayfield

1st Grade 4-0 Edgeworth
    2nd Grade 3-0 Edgeworth

Looks like just about every side is really struggling for numbers at the moment. Any main reason behind this?
    Work, Injuries, Holidays, blokes no longer interested?

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.S.C ZL View Post
    Edgeworth vs Mayfield

1st Grade 4-0 Edgeworth
    2nd Grade 3-0 Edgeworth
    Am a regular observer, have noted edgeworth havnt been posting results lately?Do they mainly post games that they win? Having been involved with a club that consistently loses I find this interesting.

Possibly the extra rounds? I know at bolwarra with washouts and mid week games we have had 2 lots of 5 games in 15 days this season. although that means with washouts we then might not play or train for that same amount of time. so body gets smashed then gets a break, isn't ideal for conditioning and injury recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Am a regular observer, have noted edgeworth havnt been posting results lately?Do they mainly post games that they win? Having been involved with a club that consistently loses I find this interesting.
    I do apologize Sir, Dudley beat me to it. Then the mid week game against Bolwarra I didn't get home till 11pm and was up at 5am. Then the weekend game at Bolwarra I left 10 mins before full time and went to Wollongong for the night and didn't get home till 3am. Having members of Bolwarra on here I assumed they would put the scores up. I take your point and will double check from now on.
    Last edited by E.J.S.C ZL; 17-07-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Possibly the extra rounds? I know at bolwarra with washouts and mid week games we have had 2 lots of 5 games in 15 days this season. although that means with washouts we then might not play or train for that same amount of time. so body gets smashed then gets a break, isn't ideal for conditioning and injury recovery.
    I think every club has struggled with the extra rounds this year. It would be good next year if 2 more clubs joined to make 10 teams. Thats with medowie staying around? Obviously azzuri will go up and uni or musselbrook will drop down. Looking at possible clubs from all age that could step up, Lake Macquarie jnrs were close this year and still appear to have good all age numbers. Greta Branxton also appear strong. Other possible clubs Cardiff City, Singleton, maybe tenambit again?

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I think every club has struggled with the extra rounds this year. It would be good next year if 2 more clubs joined to make 10 teams. Thats with medowie staying around? Obviously azzuri will go up and uni or musselbrook will drop down. Looking at possible clubs from all age that could step up, Lake Macquarie jnrs were close this year and still appear to have good all age numbers. Greta Branxton also appear strong. Other possible clubs Cardiff City, Singleton, maybe tenambit again?
    I've heard Greta intend to rejoin within the next few years. Cardiff City already have a ZFLP squad, would they really want to start again in ZFL3?

Numbers are a huge problem by the looks of it across all clubs. but I bet all clubs will get a lot of players back around finals for the teams that make it.

Maitland Fc vs Dudley - Firsts Draw (Dudley in big form of late) - Ressies Maitland
    Hamilton Vs Edgeworth - Firsts Hamilton - Ressies Edgeworth
    Medowie Vs Mayfield - Medowie both grades
    Bolwarra Vs Maitland Juniors - Bolwarra both grades

Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    I've heard Greta intend to rejoin within the next few years. Cardiff City already have a ZFLP squad, would they really want to start again in ZFL3?
    Cooks Hill have done alright from doing it. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    No for CCFC, maybe juniors might try it or Southy juniors