Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    so I have heard Abermain have all but folded
    Hopefully not, A bad sign for the competition if another team falls over. Raaf, tenambit and kurri in recent years.
    Add to that the two lake macquarie teams joined then pulled out.

Can someone at Abermain confirm where they currently stand?

only good thing it will do is get rid of the bye

Its either going to be abermain with 16 games, 18 rounds and 2 byes.
    Or
    Abermain out 21 rounds and games.

Big difference

So how many teams are left??

Rams are out. Gone back to all age due to lack of numbers

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Swifts, Tenambit, now Rams not having much luck playing zone league football are u! Lol
    Last edited by onlooker; 16-02-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Grubs. Good riddance.

Shame to see Abermain go. They were a decent team last year in comparison to the prior year. I thought they were building quite a solid squad and would be competitive this year. Did players leave for Maitland or other local clubs or is it just players not playing anymore?
    I will say it is hard work ZL3, it's expensive and players are hard to keep on board (I guess L2 much the same?). We have retained about 50% of last seasons squad and managed to attract the balance from all new players.
    At least now we don't have a bye.

Just heard the terrible news abermain are out. I will shed a tear or two tonight. Referees will be happy.
    Not sure about rebel sport or physiotherapists , sale of shinpads down
    Physio appointments down

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Swifts, Tenambit, now Rams not having much luck playing zone league football are u! Lol
    Any clubs you want gone?? I'm the kiss of death.

To everyone whinging about injuries, shin pads etc, toughen up. Abermain gave as good as they got. "Can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Any clubs you want gone?? I'm the kiss of death
    Il just put a list together and pass it on haha

Any clubs you want gone?? I'm the kiss of death.

To everyone whinging about injuries, shin pads etc, toughen up. Abermain gave as good as they got. "Can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"
    Handle the heat?? Its not MKR or masterchef champ, we play football.
    What I cant handle is cheap shots, bad tackles and whack jobs. Id be embarrassed to stand up for that crap. Piss off to all age , we dont need that in zone league football.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    What I cant handle is cheap shots, bad tackles and whack jobs. Id be embarrassed to stand up for that crap. Piss off to all age , we dont need that in zone league football.
    Mate if that don't happen now in ZL3 with abermain leaving your best off staying in ZL3 for the foreseeable future as that stuff happens in the higher grades on a weekly basis just less people whinge about it

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Mate if that don't happen now in ZL3 with abermain leaving your best off staying in ZL3 for the foreseeable future as that stuff happens in the higher grades on a weekly basis just less people whinge about it
    Have you played abermain?

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    You've never played in Muswellbrook have you?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    You've never played in Muswellbrook have you?
    I guess im not going to have to worry about playing in muswellbrook considering they arnt in zl3!!! Best thing about muswellbrook is the road out of there.

Looking for a goalkeeper and a couple of players for Friday night All Age Comp

Hi Guys,

We lost a few players from our Friday night All Age team last year, looking for a few players including a Goalkeeper for our team this year. We are a good bunch of blokes that used to play more in the more serious Zone League divisions. But now we are happy just having a run with a bit less of the competitiveness. We more just play for the enjoyment these days, but we still play to win.

•we train once a week
    •the grade will be most likely C or D
    •have a beer or two after most games
    •We play For Tenambit

So if your looking to still have a run this year but either your team didn't eventuate or you just want to take a bit of a step back from the structure and seriousness of the Zone League let me know.

Dissapointing that abermain have folded, whats more worrying is the teams that have gone in recent years. I have also been hearing some of the remaining zl3 teams have struggled this year

Tenambit, kurri, raaf, abermain, bellbird and dungog all have departed in recent years. 2 new teams from lake macquarie jrs and seniors joined then folded.

Where are all the players going?this is not a good sign for the competition at all, Especially given the amount of teams from the hunter valley. Maybe time for a look at ways to keep clubs and players in zone leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Dissapointing that abermain have folded, whats more worrying is the teams that have gone in recent years. I have also been hearing some of the remaining zl3 teams have struggled this year

Tenambit, kurri, raaf, abermain, bellbird and dungog all have departed in recent years. 2 new teams from lake macquarie jrs and seniors joined then folded.

Where are all the players going?this is not a good sign for the competition at all, Especially given the amount of teams from the hunter valley. Maybe time for a look at ways to keep clubs and players in zone leagues.
    Having played with Weston Swifts, Tenambit and Abermain, and having an insight into Kurri, Bellbird and CPYC, there are numerous factors in each clubs demise. The 2 biggest factors (I think) have been a lack of younger (16-22) players wanting to play ZL, ensuring continuity, and finding people dedicated to coaching/running the Snr clubs. I get the feeling, in the Hunter Valley at least, that the culture of ID's/ZL is dead, with All Age a far more manageable and easy alternative

Having played with Weston Swifts, Tenambit and Abermain, and having an insight into Kurri, Bellbird and CPYC, there are numerous factors in each clubs demise. The 2 biggest factors (I think) have been a lack of younger (16-22) players wanting to play ZL, ensuring continuity, and finding people dedicated to coaching/running the Snr clubs. I get the feeling, in the Hunter Valley at least, that the culture of ID's/ZL is dead, with All Age a far more manageable and easy alternative
    I also believe the club making it appealing to play goes along way, in most my years at Tenambit the club made playing ZL football appealing in the way the treated you and looked after you with gear cost and at that stage they were looking at juniors to bring in and step up. In the last few years leading up to Tenambit folding the committee couldn't give two shits which makes it hard.

Also as players you need to have a great team culture the early days at Tenambit were awesome but that faded away as the years went on as everyone got older which people say will happen but why should it just means you have to change how you go about it.
    Last edited by onlooker; 20-02-2017 at 11:37 AM.