Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    mostly a rezzies team playing.
    The dozen or so rezzies that will be probably playing all age next year? Hopefully they enjoy the opportunity to fill in for the heap of 1st graders missing. And imagine the rezzies boys getting a win! What a story! Chuck Teta in the Tarago! Toot toot! #carn
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The dozen or so rezzies that will be probably playing all age next year? Hopefully they enjoy the opportunity to fill in for the heap of 1st graders missing. And imagine the rezzies boys getting a win! What a story! Chuck Teta in the Tarago! Toot toot! #carn
    Could be one of the great "against the odds" stories! Imagine the write up on the Azzurri page up the bllluuueeesss

Could be one of the great "against the odds" stories! Imagine the write up on the Azzurri page up the bllluuueeesss
    Nothin' like a good underdawg story!
    OK

So I threw uncle Vaughn in the Voxhaul and headed up to Maitland's only worthy tourist attraction. 1st grade kick off and Azzuri borrowed a team from N.L Eagles AA E grade due to the fact they were missing at least 1 regular. Both clubs wear blue so why not? It took 20 secs before Bolwanka had to be reminded they were playing football not "footy" and they weren't quite sure about that. Bolwanka spread N.L open like a college girl on GGW and opened the scoring with a neat finish at 25mins. Bolwanka had to be reminded again before 1/2 time which code they were playing as a defender tried to catch a ball on the line. N.L pen, step up Peru after sucking a winny red to slot it home. 1-1 half time. 2nd half and N.L had plenty of possession only to show the patience of a certain Korean dictator and continue to turn over cheap ball in the rush to push forward, I suppose when you've scored more often then Scotty off Jordy Shore why not. Early goal ensued. It then went back and forth with yellow cards aplenty and after 76 minutes of injury time N.L were declared winners. Queue red card to the grub of the year, Bolwanka LB. you all know him, he's the fat f--k who is shit and would struggle to play ressies at Mayfield. After the whistle mind you. N.L 2-1 victors. Not bad for a team with 1 guy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    So I threw uncle Vaughn in the Voxhaul and headed up to Maitland's only worthy tourist attraction. 1st grade kick off and Azzuri borrowed a team from N.L Eagles AA E grade due to the fact they were missing at least 1 regular. Both clubs wear blue so why not? It took 20 secs before Bolwanka had to be reminded they were playing football not "footy" and they weren't quite sure about that. Bolwanka spread N.L open like a college girl on GGW and opened the scoring with a neat finish at 25mins. Bolwanka had to be reminded again before 1/2 time which code they were playing as a defender tried to catch a ball on the line. N.L pen, step up Peru after sucking a winny red to slot it home. 1-1 half time. 2nd half and N.L had plenty of possession only to show the patience of a certain Korean dictator and continue to turn over cheap ball in the rush to push forward, I suppose when you've scored more often then Scotty off Jordy Shore why not. Early goal ensued. It then went back and forth with yellow cards aplenty and after 76 minutes of injury time N.L were declared winners. Queue red card to the grub of the year, Bolwanka LB. you all know him, he's the fat f--k who is shit and would struggle to play ressies at Mayfield. After the whistle mind you. N.L 2-1 victors. Not bad for a team with 1 guy out.
    With a write up like that, you will get a gig on Azzurri's Facebook page for sure.

Then and only then will my life be complete!

Congratulations to butchers rag tag bunch of future all age players. They'll use this story as further inspiration when they make the movie about Leicester winning the EPL #carn
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.S.C ZL View Post
    With a write up like that, you will get a gig on Azzurri's Facebook page for sure.
    I wonder if the media manager reads the foz..
    OK

Anyone heard about the player who got a yellow card in reserve grade and a yellow card in first grade last weekend and played in a grand final?

wow

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Anyone heard about the player who got a yellow card in reserve grade and a yellow card in first grade last weekend and played in a grand final?
    Surely not??

Chuck Yaya in the Yaris, get out of here!

Serious note - is that against the rules? I genuinely don't know. Is it a 2 yellow card accumulation suspension for finals, or is 2 yellows on the same day over different grades considered a red? I genuinely don't know if this is scandalous or not.

But if it is scandalous, I'm sure Azzuri won't mind too much if the medals are taken back. They've had a hell of a few months long #promotionparty
    Last edited by pv4; 11-09-2017 at 06:38 AM.
    OK

Chuck Yaya in the Yaris, get out of here!

Serious note - is that against the rules? I genuinely don't know. Is it a 2 yellow card accumulation suspension for finals, or is 2 yellows on the same day over different grades considered a red? I genuinely don't know if this is scandalous or not.

But if it is scandalous, I'm sure Azzuri won't mind too much if the medals are taken back. They've had a hell of a few months long #promotionparty
    two cards is two cards, should not have played if this is correct.

lol, want to see last week's team sheets from both grades?

lol, want to see last week's team sheets from both grades?
    I think most people do tbh, not just for this card thing but also so we can see the list of the Reserve Grade legends whom stepped up to the First Grade Final and against all odds won!
    OK

I think most people do tbh, not just for this card thing but also so we can see the list of the Reserve Grade legends whom stepped up to the First Grade Final and against all odds won!

Please contact Hamilton Azzurri FB page ASAP to receive employment paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.S.C ZL View Post
    Please contact Hamilton Azzurri FB page ASAP to receive employment paperwork
    Called it

Congratulations to both azzuri and maitland on their respective wins.

First grade final was a stop/start game with lots of fouls and cards. Azzuri were the better team and deserved their win. Although bolwarra nearly equalised at the end.

Any word on next year from Maitland junior's and maitland seniors on them going around again?
    Also medowie, who struggled to field two grades this year.