Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Pretty sure he meant people who could consume the most, not the largest size of bloke that does it.. (I'm thinking of pv4, the Westlakes Ljubo haha)

Kahibah v Merewether:
    Reserves: 1-0 Kahibah
    Firsts: 1-all.

Maryland v New Lambton
    1st: 2-2
    Res: 3-0 New Lambton

Olympic v uni
    Reserves 3 or 4 nill Olympic
    1st 9.1 Olympic

Simba v Argenton
    Reserves: 3-2 Simba
    1st: 3-1 Simba

Is that argies 1st loss in 3 yrs? (Including AA)

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Is that argies 1st loss in 3 yrs? (Including AA)
    Definitely 1st loss in the 2 years in Zone. I wasn't involved in AA but is seems that they lost 2 games in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    Definitely 1st loss in the 2 years in Zone. I wasn't involved in AA but is seems that they lost 2 games in 2015
    They've gone pretty close to a loss over the last few games.
    Think the season might finally be wearing on their players.

Better to get it out of the way now since they'll find it hard next season in ZFL1 any way

Muswellbrook v Nelson Bay
    Res: 0-3
    1sts: 7-0

Big props to Nelson Bay for slugging out 2 games with only 18 men. Never an easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    Simba v Argenton
    Reserves: 3-2 Simba
    1st: 3-1 Simba
    I'd also say this is another victim to that shithouse TAFE field

Been doing some looking at the table for my own club and thought it was worth discussion in the forum.

In first Grade:
    Argy- 41
    Simba- 32
    New Lambton-28
    Hamilton- 28
    Maryland- 27
    Kahibah- 24
    Merewether-23

All teams still in with a shot of semi's. Safe to say that Argy and Simba are in, 5 teams battling for the last 2 spots.
    Massive game for Olympic and Kahibah this weekend, with Kahibah needing the win to keep their season alive.
    Merewether needing the win as well v Mussy.

Reserve Grade:
    Hamilton- 40
    New Lambton-35
    Maryland-27
    Simba- 26
    Kahibah- 26
    Argy- 25

Hamilton and New Lambton assured of semi's.
    Other 2 spots can go to either of the remaining 4 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    I'd also say this is another victim to that shithouse TAFE field
    Looks like the lines were marked out with round up this season

New Lambton v Uni:
    Firsts: 5-0 New Lambton
    Reserves: 2-1 New Lambton

Merewether v Muswellbrook
    Firsts 6-1
    Res 2-3

What's going on over at Hamiton?
    Players unavailable or injury list growing?

Lack of numbers and injury list is big. We have been playing with only 20-21 players since the turn of the round and also had 4 1st graders with season ending injuries since the same time. We don't use this an excuse though I believe we had the depth for first grade to make the semifinals but unfortunately we just haven't been playing that good..

Any clubs got a player with a lot of goals under their belt this season? Both grades? Curious of the overall golden boot for Zone League 2!

Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    Any clubs got a player with a lot of goals under their belt this season? Both grades? Curious of the overall golden boot for Zone League 2!
    Not from th bay haha

Interesting last round for the make up of finals.

Argy and Simba have first and second tied up in first grade, so it will be all about who can avoid Argy for the Semis.
    Friday night will basically decide most things with Hamo v New Lambton. New Lambton could firm up 3rd place with a win, but a win to Hamo will put them into the 4 depending on how Maryland fare on Sunday.
    If New Lambton lose on Friday, then Maryland will need a draw against The Bay at minimum to stay in finals contention.

Top 4 as I see it
    Argy
    Simba
    New Lambton
    Maryland

Ressies is a whole different world, with an actual close finish for the top 4 spots.
    First and second will be decided under lights at New Lambton. A draw will hand it to New Lambton, whilst a win for Hamo will see them pinch top spot.
    Kahibah will need a draw to make sure they stay in the 4, with Simba undefeated at home this season I would expect they'll get up over Wethers. (Although I actually hope differently).
    Maryland will need a win to avoid dropping to 4th place, but the teams are all more evenly matched in Ressies this season, so I'm not sure it would matter which one of the 4 you finish in.

Top 4 as I see it would be
    Hamo
    New Lambton
    Maryland
    Kahibah

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Interesting last round for the make up of finals.

Argy and Simba have first and second tied up in first grade, so it will be all about who can avoid Argy for the Semis.
    Friday night will basically decide most things with Hamo v New Lambton. New Lambton could firm up 3rd place with a win, but a win to Hamo will put them into the 4 depending on how Maryland fare on Sunday.
    If New Lambton lose on Friday, then Maryland will need a draw against The Bay at minimum to stay in finals contention.

Top 4 as I see it
    Argy
    Simba
    New Lambton
    Maryland

Ressies is a whole different world, with an actual close finish for the top 4 spots.
    First and second will be decided under lights at New Lambton. A draw will hand it to New Lambton, whilst a win for Hamo will see them pinch top spot.
    Kahibah will need a draw to make sure they stay in the 4, with Simba undefeated at home this season I would expect they'll get up over Wethers. (Although I actually hope differently).
    Maryland will need a win to avoid dropping to 4th place, but the teams are all more evenly matched in Ressies this season, so I'm not sure it would matter which one of the 4 you finish in.

Top 4 as I see it would be
    Hamo
    New Lambton
    Maryland
    Kahibah
    Good to see some analysis:
    Just a couple of things though. First Grade- If New Lambton win they will stay 3rd. If they lose they will likely drop to 4th (expecting Maryland to win).
    For Hamilton to jump into a semi final spot they either need to beat New Lambton 5-0 or beat New Lambton and Maryland lose.

In reserve grade- A Hamilton win or a draw will give them the title.
    I totally agree that Reserve Grade is very tight, any team that gets into that Top 4 have a decent chance of winning it.

My tips for the final placings are exactly the same as yours.
    Last edited by idontwannaplaywithhowey; 16-08-2017 at 08:09 AM.