Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    Serves them right for constantly pinning their success on short term alternatives.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This is the second time they've brought someone in to take the from nowhere onto bigger things and then left and farked the club over.
    Whoever is in charge should be ashamed.

Don Pablo for Head Coach 2017
    "Make Morisset Great Again"
    Don't let facts get in the way of a good story....

When will we hear if morriset is moving to Zone League 1 and what club is taking their position?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    When will we hear if morriset is moving to Zone League 1 and what club is taking their position?
    Not until the Joint ZFL panal meets, there is a Meeting of The Zone Clubs and ZFL panal scheduled for the 22nd. If we don't find out before the 22nd then I suspected we'll find out at that meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Warners Up to ZPL
    Morisset Down to ZL1

Confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Warners bay will struggle in this league, I must congratulate them though for taking on the challenge.

Warners bay will struggle in this league, I must congratulate them though for taking on the challenge.
    Will do better then Kotara

Yes, I will have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Warners Up to ZPL
    Morisset Down to ZL1

Confirmed.
    At least the deal is all done well before the season starts.

I think if any team forfeits a division on the 2nd time they should be put into ZL3. I know its not EPL but keeping a consistency in how teams should move is important for mine.
    Last edited by hawk; 18-02-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Yeah and considering they said they will be using mainly a res grade team that came last. They may have numbers for 3 grades but surely they don't think there last placed res team is fair much better in ZL1 then they would have in ZPL. Better of going to the bottom and starting again.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    At least the deal is all done well before the season starts.

I think if any team forfeits a division on the 2nd time they should be put into ZL3. I know its not EPL but keeping a consistency in how teams should move is important for mine.
    So first time for Motown.... Never asked to go down before....

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Yeah and considering they said they will be using mainly a res grade team that came last. They may have numbers for 3 grades but surely they don't think there last placed res team is fair much better in ZL1 then they would have in ZPL. Better of going to the bottom and starting again.
    Think you should wait till season underway champ... If you honestly think there's bugger all difference between the two grades then I have an island I want to sell you...

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Think you should wait till season underway champ... If you honestly think there's bugger all difference between the two grades then I have an island I want to sell you...
    Most definitely will wait for the season nothing is won or lost before a ball is kicked, just think that a team using mostly players who came last in res grade ( just going of what was said earlier) will find it very tough in ZL1 first grade and will most likely find themselves at the lower end of the table. But I guess that's the challenge there happy to pick.

Suns vs south Cardiff
    1sts 5-1
    Res 1-1
    3rds 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Will do better then Kotara
    I think Kotara will do "ok" in this league. They competed with Jesmond and Warners bay last season in First grade. They might not challenge for top 4 but will cause problems for some teams especially if they think they will run through them.

To me it sounds like majority of zone premier teams are stronger/better then the New Fm. Going by the results. Seems like some clubs deserve the step up but do not have the junior base..

To me it sounds like majority of zone premier teams are stronger/better then the New Fm. Going by the results. Seems like some clubs deserve the step up but do not have the junior base..
    This topic comes up every year. All ZPL people and results suggest there are better team their than in NEWFM. NEWFM people deny it flat out claiming that its only preseason. For the record, i think ZPL is a stronger overall comp but the teams at the top of NEWFM would probably be slightly stronger than the top ZPL, who knows for how much longer but?

The facilities and infrastructure requirements are the biggest things holding other back from applying id say
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

It's a shame New Fm doesn't have the same rules and regulations as ZPL, gives all clubs a chance at the higher level. I definitely agree that ZPL is stronger then New-Fm. Only have to look at the recent score lines.

It's a shame New Fm doesn't have the same rules and regulations as ZPL, gives all clubs a chance at the higher level. I definitely agree that ZPL is stronger then New-Fm. Only have to look at the recent score lines.
    I think its the speed in the game. ZPL 1st grade is played at such a high speed, no one gets time on the ball yet most teams keep a pretty decent structure.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Due to movements within our squads Thornton Redbacks NL1 are looking for 2-3 players in both the 15's and 17's squad as well as 2 players and a keeper for the under 19's. For more information or to organise a trial please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    This topic comes up every year. All ZPL people and results suggest there are better team their than in NEWFM. NEWFM people deny it flat out claiming that its only preseason. For the record, i think ZPL is a stronger overall comp but the teams at the top of NEWFM would probably be slightly stronger than the top ZPL, who knows for how much longer but?

The facilities and infrastructure requirements are the biggest things holding other back from applying id say

And then you come back around to the age old question, should there be promotion and relegation between the Northern comps and the combined comps?

Personally, I think the infrastructure and facility requirements for NEW FM are far too strict over and above ZPL, and it would make more sense to step up the requirements from comp to comp so that all clubs striving for the top improve and have something more to aim for.
    Only major issue are the clubs who already have teams in the Northern comps, and then have teams in the combined comps.