Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone Premier League thread

From NEWFM thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Watching View Post
    The ZPL strikes again, Beresfield down Stags 6-0 (or so).
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

So. Over to Mayfield then to stop the trend of ZPL beating NEWFM. Trial scheduled for Sunday....weather permitting.

My problem with promotion is you have to get rid of 2 grades and restructure your whole club. I feel a club of mates becomes one of strangers and all you have are kids who are there to make up the numbers for the sake of having teams.

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    My problem with promotion is you have to get rid of 2 grades and restructure your whole club. I feel a club of mates becomes one of strangers and all you have are kids who are there to make up the numbers for the sake of having teams.
    Not necessarily. If NewFm became at one with the ZPL, I don't see the need to have a 23's and 19's etc. Those guys would naturally filter into the reserve grade and third grade ranks, thus, making those comps stronger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Not necessarily. If NewFm became at one with the ZPL, I don't see the need to have a 23's and 19's etc. Those guys would naturally filter into the reserve grade and third grade ranks, thus, making those comps stronger as well.
    I don't think the talent pool is large enough for 3 divisions with age restrictions
    there is a large gap between NPL youth and newfm youth ive found from watching and playing against these teams occasionally

Do you really think NNSW would change their rules to benefit ZPL? I could not see this happening in anybody's life time.

Do you really think NNSW would change their rules to benefit ZPL? I could not see this happening in anybody's life time.
    Time for a break away rebel league??

Wanted to throw this up here for ages and after attending the zone meeting now seems like a good time.
    Spot on with comments on youth numbers.
    Once you loose best of best away from Newy, straight to Npl, Jets, Npl youth then Nl1 the quality is thinning out considerably.
    Zpl linking with juniors in theory is great but to my knowledge (I'll stand corrected) very few clubs have a direct link to any juniors.
    Zpl tried a youth 3rd grade but for a lot of reasons like above it didn't fit.
    Biggest hurdle I see is Zpl is FFA and Nnsw driven which means they have no real knowledge of the game at our level.
    It's easy for them to say that you need to meet criteria like above and facilities but things like ground improvements are usually controlled by council.
    End result is a lot of Zpl are trying to improve they're playing roster because it's the only thing they have control of especially after the removal of Npl 22's.
    This year I think the 1st grades of a lot of teams are going to very good and the competition will be very strong.
    As far as promotion relegation goes the difference created by Nnsw and restrictions as above put on Zpl plus massive monetary difference makes the jump unrealistic.
    All the best from CCFC for 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Wanted to throw this up here for ages and after attending the zone meeting now seems like a good time.
    Spot on with comments on youth numbers.
    Once you loose best of best away from Newy, straight to Npl, Jets, Npl youth then Nl1 the quality is thinning out considerably.
    Zpl linking with juniors in theory is great but to my knowledge (I'll stand corrected) very few clubs have a direct link to any juniors.
    Zpl tried a youth 3rd grade but for a lot of reasons like above it didn't fit.
    Biggest hurdle I see is Zpl is FFA and Nnsw driven which means they have no real knowledge of the game at our level.
    It's easy for them to say that you need to meet criteria like above and facilities but things like ground improvements are usually controlled by council.
    End result is a lot of Zpl are trying to improve they're playing roster because it's the only thing they have control of especially after the removal of Npl 22's.
    This year I think the 1st grades of a lot of teams are going to very good and the competition will be very strong.
    As far as promotion relegation goes the difference created by Nnsw and restrictions as above put on Zpl plus massive monetary difference makes the jump unrealistic.
    All the best from CCFC for 2017!
    Pretty much spot on but everyone who says criteria. Well that is only to NNSW bullshit. There is no way New Lambton on that cow paddock meets the criteria and Kahibah don't have a covered stadium. The only thing NNSW want is money and both clubs through their huge junior base is give them that.
    For years NNSW have kept coming up with ways to tinker with the comps. When they got rid of reserve grade and made it first and youth. Clubs lost out, players went to all age and it failed. When they brought in a team from Port and list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    I don't think the talent pool is large enough for 3 divisions with age restrictions
    there is a large gap between NPL youth and newfm youth ive found from watching and playing against these teams occasionally
    Talent pool? Was the 19 yrs & 22yrs comps created so that they can play at elite levels? But isnt that keeping out older players who might be as good or better out? The talent pool is at its smallest when separated by age etc. They are still adults at this stage which is a bit sad. I do agree with elite youth below 18 yrs to foster skills and knowledge.

If all grades where open then all talent would be graded in appropriate grades, (barring those chosen coach favourite types). And i feel that will breed stronger clubs and youth players will still progress to the bigs if they are good enough.

Maybe we can have separate elite training weekends, tournys or o/s scout trip outside of the season to provide for those who want more. But really imo, if you're serious about going anywhere you need to be out of newy by 18 anyway.

Suppose what is most pleasing is the growth of the game in all levels in this place
    Last edited by hawk; 25-02-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Mayf v Singo
    1st Mayf 2-0
    Reggies Mayf 4-1
    Thirds Mayf 2-4

So. Over to Mayfield then to stop the trend of ZPL beating NEWFM. Trial scheduled for Sunday....weather permitting.
    Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Nope!
    Just goes to show they can have their criteria and all the bullshit. But when it comes down to it ZPL teams actually play for the shirt and their mates. Not money and no heart

Just goes to show they can have their criteria and all the bullshit. But when it comes down to it ZPL teams actually play for the shirt and their mates. Not money and no heart
    Singleton have barely been a NEWFM quality side for years though. Floundering at the bottom of the table each year and not being relegated because no one below has the resources to make a move isn't a reason to still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Singleton have barely been a NEWFM quality side for years though. Floundering at the bottom of the table each year and not being relegated because no one below has the resources to make a move isn't a reason to still be there.
    I am actually referring to the fact that ZPL teams have beaten newfm teams. Not this one against Singo

Yes this one against singo has on a few occasions

Hearing a few clubs are looking strong this year, this is going to be a great comp this year i think!
    Jesmond coming up will challenge teams, they might not score many goals but they were very difficult to break down last year.
    Kotara may struggle coming up. Warners Bay are rumoured to be strong but itll be a big step up.

I think it might be Dudleys year, just a hunch.
    Also hear Cardiff are looking pretty strong too, which is great to see after a tough year or so not too long ago.

suns vs maitland last night at speers point
    4-4 with some quality finishing from both teams
    suns up 3-0 just after half time

Bero V Terrace ZL1- Ventured out to see this game yesterday in the heat. Only caught the 1st grade game but heard the other grades were a tight tussle.
    Bero may have won 3-2, however if Terrace had a Keeper that could catch and a Striker that could shoot they could've embarressed the Bero boys yesterday. Too much Pace from the Terrace forwards for the big old boys at the back caused alot of grief, Bero pushed the ball around nicely and created a bit but 2 gifted goals from the Terrace keeper and an absolute gem to the top corner gave them the game.

Cardiff v Stocko
    1st 7-3
    res/3rds 10-6 ??? I think combined sides, good laugh though.
    played at that white elephant of a complex at speers point due to our ground unavailable.
    I have said it before, the set up is a joke, the cost to hire is an either bigger joke.
    Jets hire for the day, 8 hours cost around $800, for us to hire for 4 hours, cost $800, if that is making it accessible to all clubs WTF.