Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 Women's Premier League

Just in case people don't know already (has been mentioned in the press)
    New Lambton in
    U14/U17/U20+five over age/1sts

Some possibility of dual registering players from inter-district, with a possible limit on number of games played.

I have concerns about the U17 age group, I think we will see a lot of U15's drop back to inter-district and then come back in the following year.
    There is a big physical development spread between 15 year old girls and 17 year olds.

My preference would have been to keep U16's. At 17 the good girls could play U20's, and also know themselves if they want to keep at the WPL level or just play socially.

The change from U18 to U20 is to try and bridge the gap in quality between U18's and 1st grade.

p.s. Awesome grand final

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Just in case people don't know already (has been mentioned in the press)
    New Lambton in
    U14/U17/U20+five over age/1sts

Some possibility of dual registering players from inter-district, with a possible limit on number of games played.

I have concerns about the U17 age group, I think we will see a lot of U15's drop back to inter-district and then come back in the following year.
    There is a big physical development spread between 15 year old girls and 17 year olds.

My preference would have been to keep U16's. At 17 the good girls could play U20's, and also know themselves if they want to keep at the WPL level or just play socially.

The change from U18 to U20 is to try and bridge the gap in quality between U18's and 1st grade.

p.s. Awesome grand final
    Yeah I think we will see a lot of players that are 14 turning 15 this year that will drop out and not be selected. At least there is an 8th team that might keep some of them in. A lot will drop out go to ID or elsewhere and if they enjoy it enough they may stay there and not come back in.

I understand the change from U18 to U20 is to keep more older girls involved there are a number of players that turn 18 and aren't quite good enough for first grade but can't all go back and play in the U18s so they leave either the game or go to AA. Changing it to U20 will help to keep those girls in the comp for longer.

Just a quick reminder the NNSW Women's State Cup is on this weekend at Speers Point.

Winners tonight:
    Thornton 3-0 after New Lambton forfeited.
    Warners Bay over Wallsend 5-1 (I think)
    Merewether over Barnsley 9-0
    Adamstown over Mayfield 3-0? Not sure what the final score was.

Most WPL teams fielding a combination of 1st grade and U18's.

Merewether still looking for a couple of players to finish the U20 squad. See web site for details.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Just a quick reminder the NNSW Women's State Cup is on this weekend at Speers Point.

Winners tonight:
    Thornton 3-0 after New Lambton forfeited.
    Warners Bay over Wallsend 5-1 (I think)
    Merewether over Barnsley 9-0
    Adamstown over Mayfield 3-0? Not sure what the final score was.

Most WPL teams fielding a combination of 1st grade and U18's.
    Not a good look for New Lambton. Gain entry into WPL and then go and forfeit their match.

Any reasons why they forfeited?

They didn't know they were playing apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    They didn't know they were playing apparently
    There was 4 teams drop out so they modified the draw to 4 groups of 4 instead of the original five groups.

Shame for them that for whatever reason the change wasn't passed onto the club/team.

Cooks Hill 2 c Far Nth Coast 0
    Cooks Hill 0 v Warners Bay WPL 10