Hi all,

Just interested in opinions.

IMO this year has been the worst year for the Jets and it is at crisis point. It has made me ponder why I actually threw so much passion into football in the first place.

What it came down to was reading Johnny Warren's book "Sheilas, Wogs and Poofters" and being drawn into the mission of making our mark on the World stage. However, since the corruption of FIFA became so apparent, I've wondered how important it is to be part of a World Game. Globalisation doesn't seem so important anymore.

The Jets seem to lurch from one crisis to the next, there is no corporate support, both for corporate boxes or sponsorship. Where is it going?

I hate rugby league culture, so it made me think of missing piece of professional sport that isn't here in Newcastle, which is AFL. Given the rise of BBL, it is economically feasible for a circular stadium like GWS to be built in the Hunter and supply both summer and winter sport. I know that Hunter people would love access to cricket, and some of the AFL clubs in Newcastle are 130 years old.

What are people's thoughts on this? I just feel that the FFA and the Jets were handed the golden goose in Newcastle and it has been squandered. Maybe its time to try and attract an option that has nationwide backing from sponsors and commercial television?