Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 763

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

  1. #561
    Senior Member leftrightout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Itís easy to get complacent when youíve got the game in the bag.
    Yeah, that is what i am saying. Suns style and/or quality from a game like that to their potential quality against a top 2 team is a difficult comparison to make.
    In saying that, Bulldog can only provide his opinion on what he has seen and he obviously feels Dudley are a better side than Suns based on their football against his club.
    Fortunately, it looks like we may find out in a really great match up in the semi's!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

  2. #562
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Yeah, that is what i am saying. Suns style and/or quality from a game like that to their potential quality against a top 2 team is a difficult comparison to make.
    In saying that, Bulldog can only provide his opinion on what he has seen and he obviously feels Dudley are a better side than Suns based on their football against his club.
    Fortunately, it looks like we may find out in a really great match up in the semi's!
    Agreed. I think we can definitely move on from Suns v Barnsley until hopefully next season.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Maybe this is Bulldogs point. Barnsley sounded bad for the second half and deserved to get flogged. It could have been a lot more and Suns missed easy chances. Chances you would expect a top team to score?

    Everyone knows that when games blow out on the score board the style of play can go out the window, perhaps this is what Bulldogs thoughts are based on?
    The Suns put on a clinic. Bad or NOT from Barnsley, the Suns dominated that game by a country mile (better than any other team could, IMHO).

    I've watched all the top teams play at least 4 times each. For me the stand outs are The Suns. Mayfields consistency and pitbull defense will see them through. Dudley V Suns is the only semi worth watching, both play expressive football with goals.

  4. #564
    Good Lord Sun's beat a shit Barnsley team and everyone starts tossing each other over them. I'm tipping Dudley to knock em off.

  5. #565
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Good Lord Sun's beat a shit Barnsley team and everyone starts tossing each other over them. I'm tipping Dudley to knock em off.
    The suns have won 10 and drawn 1 in their last 11 games. Don’t think it has anything to do with the Barnsley result. Will be an exciting two legs against Dudley, that’s for sure.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  6. #566
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    340
    Let's talk this weekend. Who we all got Bero or Barnsley. I think Barnsley 2-0

  7. #567
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    461
    Barnsley to win 7-1 in a real right affair where the scoreline doesn’t reflect each teams performance.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  8. #568
    Weekends tips

    Beresfield 0 vs. Barnsley 2
    With Jesmond’s win against Bero two weeks ago they have all but saved themselves form relegation possibility. That leaves this week’s only match between Bero and Barnsley as practically the battle to see who will come in last this season.

    Both teams were beaten heavily last week with Bero losing to Mayfield 5-0 and Barnsley losing to Suns 7-1. With Barnsley’s favourable goal difference, they have the advantage in this game as a draw keeps them from bottom.
    Bero have now lost 11 games in a row. Injuries and a lack of overall depth has seen them find it hard to challenge teams this year. 10 of those 11 losses have been by more than 1 goal making it hard to be in the contest each week and showing that they might not be up to this level this year.

    Barnsley have only won 1 game of their last 13 games. They have conceded 17 goals in their last 4 games to Bero’s 16 goals as well as having the competition worst attack (22).

    Last time out saw a 2-2 draw between these teams. I’m tipping a 2-0 win to Barnsley. Bero’s 11 losses in a row, worst defence and second worst attack tells me there not up to this level. Barnsleys 2-2 draw with Swansea two weeks ago as well as a 2-0 against fellow strugglers Jesmond tells me they could be better in these tight games.
    Best of luck to both teams.

  9. #569
    Is the battle of the titans Saturday or Sunday? and where at?

  10. #570
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    Is the battle of the titans Saturday or Sunday? and where at?
    All reports are saying Sunday at downtown Pasedena Oval Beresfield

  11. #571
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    All reports are saying Sunday at downtown Pasedena Oval Beresfield
    I reckon they will draw a crowd

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    Weekends tips

    Beresfield 0 vs. Barnsley 2
    With Jesmond’s win against Bero two weeks ago they have all but saved themselves form relegation possibility. That leaves this week’s only match between Bero and Barnsley as practically the battle to see who will come in last this season.

    Both teams were beaten heavily last week with Bero losing to Mayfield 5-0 and Barnsley losing to Suns 7-1. With Barnsley’s favourable goal difference, they have the advantage in this game as a draw keeps them from bottom.
    Bero have now lost 11 games in a row. Injuries and a lack of overall depth has seen them find it hard to challenge teams this year. 10 of those 11 losses have been by more than 1 goal making it hard to be in the contest each week and showing that they might not be up to this level this year.

    Barnsley have only won 1 game of their last 13 games. They have conceded 17 goals in their last 4 games to Bero’s 16 goals as well as having the competition worst attack (22).

    Last time out saw a 2-2 draw between these teams. I’m tipping a 2-0 win to Barnsley. Bero’s 11 losses in a row, worst defence and second worst attack tells me there not up to this level. Barnsleys 2-2 draw with Swansea two weeks ago as well as a 2-0 against fellow strugglers Jesmond tells me they could be better in these tight games.
    Best of luck to both teams.
    Stats man, has there ever been a team go from champs to chumps and be relegated the season after winning the league? Amazing feet for bero!

  13. #573
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Stats man, has there ever been a team go from champs to chumps and be relegated the season after winning the league? Amazing feet for bero!
    Would be a bigger thing going from minor premiers to last, but still a huge fall from grace. I think bero were the third best side during 2017.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  14. #574
    I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Stats man, has there ever been a team go from champs to chumps and be relegated the season after winning the league? Amazing feet for bero!
    Jets done it.. although no relegation for them

    Just been a tough year for us, it happens
    Novocastria Youth

  15. #575
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Jets done it.. although no relegation for them

    Just been a tough year for us, it happens
    Take 20+ goals and as many assists with 2 players coming out of a team. Any team in the comp would struggle

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Take 20+ goals and as many assists with 2 players coming out of a team. Any team in the comp would struggle


    I think the Suns lost 2 quality players with 20+ goals and still are second.

  17. #577
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    I think the Suns lost 2 quality players with 20+ goals and still are second.
    They are an appealing destination so could replace them with blokes out of Magic like Tserapas etc Bero don't have that luxury

  18. #578
    Results from the great relegation battle for 2018?

  19. #579
    Senior Member leftrightout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Results from the great relegation battle for 2018?
    Bero got up i hear?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

  20. #580
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Results from the great relegation battle for 2018?
    3-1 bero with 10 men and early 😯

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •