Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Sweet Christmas who would of thought a Barnsley team who gave Sun's a run for their money last week could possibly lose to dero, sorry bero. Unbelievable scenes, even the old oak tree up front managed to get on the score board! Bye bye drainage fc!
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 12-08-2018 at 08:51 PM.

That is a turn up. Well done Bero huge effort. How'd the lower grades go

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    That is a turn up. Well done Bero huge effort. How'd the lower grades go
    3rds 2-2
    Ressies Barnsley 4-2
    Novocastria Youth

Which Barnsley performance was better.
    1-7 to the suns or 1-3 against a 10-man bero that had lost 11 straight?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Hmmm interesting.... Barnsley must have exhausted all their resources and played their "GF" last week against the Suns

Makes it pretty easy to see which clubs and their representatives have class.

Clearly the Suns do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Makes it pretty easy to see which clubs and their representatives have class.

Clearly the Suns do not.
    It's just a bit of fun mate. I'm not a club representative either. The comment was just in reference to Barnsley saying that the Suns game last week having 7-1 scoreline didn't represent the game. If you are really going to base opinions of clubs from someone's comments in this forum with that of the actual club then you need to relax and understand that things mentioned in here should be taken with a grain of salt.

Both the Suns and Barnsley in an official capacity in the real world have a friendly and respectful relationship.
    I'll be sure to walk on banter egg shells around any of your comments in future.

Cheers

Grand final location sorted yet?
    What is the date?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Grand final location sorted yet?
    What is the date?
    According to the SportsTG page it's Sunday 9 September @ Magic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    According to the SportsTG page it's Sunday 9 September @ Magic Park.
    Thanks
    Sunday is a terrible day for a GF in local football.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Thanks
    Sunday is a terrible day for a GF in local football.
    Agreed. I think the logic behind it is that all the other zone leagues play their grand final on the Saturday and this leaves the ZPL to be a stand alone fixture.

Agreed. I think the logic behind it is that all the other zone leagues play their grand final on the Saturday and this leaves the ZPL to be a stand alone fixture.
    Yep I think the Saturday night is the NPL grand final so it avoids a clash with that.

Any days a good day if you make it to the big dance

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Any days a good day if you make it to the big dance
    Agree

I think they need to move the Zone league finals. The schedule for a Football fan is insane.

Congrats to Bero on that win. That's gutsy as hell! Barnsley all but relegated.

Weekends tips

Saturday

Cardiff 3 vs. Mayfield 2
    This is the last chance for a team to beat Mayfield during the regular season. While I congratulate Mayfield and impressive as it is to go through a season undefeated, it would be nice to see them cop a loss before finals. Cardiff are coming off a huge 5-4 win against Jesmond two weeks ago which might give them the confidence to attack Mayfield. Mayfield have scored 20 goals in their last 5 games so if Cardiff want to beat them they are going to have to either attack them or try and shut-up shop. Cardiff have scored 15 goals in their last 5 games but they have also conceded 14 in that time while Mayfield have conceded only 7. With nothing to lose, I’m tipping Cardiff to have a real go at Mayfield and stop the ‘Invincible’ season.

Warners Bay 3 vs. Barnsley 0

The Bay continued their win-loss-win-loss form for a 7th game in a row last round. While Barnsley suffered a disastrous 3-1 loss to a 10-man Bero in last weeks do or die catch up game. Last time out saw the Bay get up 3-1 and I’m predicting the Bay to continue their trend to end the season on a win and ending up with no draws for the 2018 season. While Barnsley are in a must win situation, only scored 7 goals while conceding 20 is not good enough. Pushing on to try and win will leave them exposed at the back and I think the Bay will take full advantage of a poor and exposed defence.

Sunday

Suns 5 vs. Jesmond 0
    The Suns have now won 6 games in a row and are undefeated in 11 making them the absolute form team of the competition. They have scored 21 goals in their last 5 game while only conceding 4. A big win in their last game against Jesmond perfectly places them for their tough semi-final against Dudley. Jesmond saved themselves with a win over Bero three weeks ago. They however, are still not safe from a possible last place finish. Barnsley winning over an inconsistent Bay and Bero grabbing a point against out of form Kotara could see them finish last. Conceding 13 goals in their last 5 games gives me the idea that they won’t be up to it against a rampant Suns.

Dudley 2 vs. Swansea 2
    Dudley got back to winning ways last round against Kotara. They are now confirmed 2nd or 3rd placed finishers and need to prepare for a tough semi-final against Suns. Swansea on the other hand are still fighting for a 4th place finish and finals football. Major slip ups from Kotara has allowed them to claw their way within 2 points and a loss for Kotara and win against Dudley sees them slip into 4th. In their last 5 games Dudley have conceded 6 goals while Swansea have let in only 5. With Swansea needing the win I’m tipping a tight draw.

Beresfield 0 vs. Kotara 3
    Beresfield may have just saved themselves from the drop after last week’s hard-fought win over Barnsley. That win was only their third of the season. Kotara’s fall from grace continued with a 3-1 loss to fellow finals contender Dudley. They have now lost 4 of their last 5 games picking up only 8 points from a possible 24 from the last 8 games. Last time out saw Kotara smash Bero 8-1. Bero will have to be careful though. A loss here and Barnsley winning over a Warners Bay side with nothing to play for sees them still finishing last. I’m tipping Kotara to finally regain their form ready for a tough final match up with Mayfield.

TIPS FOR THE WEEKEND

Cardiff 0-3 Mayfield
    Mayfield continue their dominance into the semis.

Warners Bay 1-2 Barnsley
    Barnsleys last chance at survival and they have a chance against an inconsistent Warners Bay team.
    (Maybe start your ressies team in 1st Grade they seem better)

Suns 4-0 Jesmond
    Can’t wait for Suns v Dudley semi.

Dudley 3-2 Swansea
    Swansea’s last chance at making the top 4 but Dudley will prove too good.

Beresfield 1-4 Kotara
    Kotara secure their top 4 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    TIPS FOR THE WEEKEND

Warners Bay 1-2 Barnsley
    Barnsleys last chance at survival and they have a chance against an inconsistent Warners Bay team.
    (Maybe start your ressies team in 1st Grade they seem better)
    Our ressies still need a win to guarantee semi's, so might not be a risk they're willing to take😉

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Our ressies still need a win to guarantee semi's, so might not be a risk they're willing to take😉
    How is your First Grade that horrible and your Ressies in the top 4??? Strange things happening over there!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    How is your First Grade that horrible and your Ressies in the top 4??? Strange things happening over there!!
    Mate have a quick look at Uni in ZL1. Just about bottom in Firsts and Minor Premiers in Ressies by a decent margin and Thirds are in the conversation too!!!! It's insane