Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Was down at the greatest football facility in aus picking the kids up from training and hung around to watch. The young guys up front ran riot against a 5 man bero backline. Sweet christmas they were bad.

Only chink I could see in kotara's armour was the stocky bloke in the middle turned the ball over alot. Gotta be happy with the result though

I think #survivethedropbero is in full swing

Big weekend coming up
    Swansea to beat Jesmond
    Barnsley to upset Cardiff
    Warners Bay v Bero. Toss a coin here
    Dudley v Suns The fiercest rivalry in this grade with real hatred that's developed over time from being so competitive. Dudley at home should be up for it and to strong.
    Kotara v Mayfield if you believe what you read on the forum this may aswell be 7v7 cause they both pump it over the midfields head. But in al seriousness it will be a game that will show who is the real deal and could go either way.
    Enjoy the weekends football

Swansea 3-1 Jesmond
    Barnsley 1-1 Cardiff
    Warners Bay 4-1 Beresfield
    Dudley 1-3 Suns
    Kotara 1-1 Mayfield

Kotara vs Mayfield
    3rds 0-1
    Res 0-5
    1sts 1-1. Mayfield much the better team today. Should have been 6-2 if all good chances went in. Keeper had a blinder for kotara.

Kotara must’ve burned too much energy bullying Beresfield All Age the other night as they were completely outplayed on home turf today. They are clearly a good team but today was an extremely lucky point from where I was sitting.

Yep mayfield unlucky not to take the three points today. They had a simple but effective gameplan with the majority of their chances (and goal) coming from set pieces.

Kotara definitely not at their best but will take the point and sure we will meet the green tigers again soon.

W/bay 2-1 thirds
    Res 0-0
    Firsts 2-0 win
    Once again golden gloves 🧤 keeper for berro storms off not wanting to shake hands with the bay all class shal lol 😂

Barnsley(best ground in the comp) v Cardiff
    3rds 1--4
    res 4--1
    1st 1--4

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Barnsley(best ground in the comp) v Cardiff
    3rds 1--4
    res 4--1
    1st 1--4

cheers
    Definitely don't claim out ground to be the best, but do think yours is shit

Solid day from the Suns yesterday picking up 7/9 points available. Thirds could have pinched it at the death in thirds in what would have been unfair for Dudley as it was the one grade they dominated on the day. Three very had fought contests that were good to watch. Most of Dudley rolled in to watch the game but were kept quiet for most of the day.
    Good chance both clubs could meet again in the late part of the season which will be exciting for this competitive rivalry.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Definitely don't claim out ground to be the best, but do think yours is shit
    no need to be like that, Maybe I should have said its the driest ground in ZPL.

What a contrast from wednesday night! Lucky Andre the giant in goals turned up because noone else did, he no doubt saved Kotara. Very unfortunate for mayfield, chance after chance went begging.

Are kotara a one trick pony? midfield and attack almost non existant. Seems they couldn't adapt very well to what was coming at them IMO. Very lucky rebound for Kotara's goal, had a good view of it down near the canteen.

How long until the res grade keeper out at bero gets a shot at first grade or are the current guy and the coach mates?

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    What a contrast from wednesday night! Lucky Andre the giant in goals turned up because noone else did, he no doubt saved Kotara. Very unfortunate for mayfield, chance after chance went begging.

Are kotara a one trick pony? midfield and attack almost non existant. Seems they couldn't adapt very well to what was coming at them IMO. Very lucky rebound for Kotara's goal, had a good view of it down near the canteen.

How long until the res grade keeper out at bero gets a shot at first grade or are the current guy and the coach mates?
    Re keeper at bero-GK has followed coach from club to club-Trono,Singo,Bero-in a word YES they are mates

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Solid day from the Suns yesterday picking up 7/9 points available. Thirds could have pinched it at the death in thirds in what would have been unfair for Dudley as it was the one grade they dominated on the day. Three very had fought contests that were good to watch. Most of Dudley rolled in to watch the game but were kept quiet for most of the day.
    Good chance both clubs could meet again in the late part of the season which will be exciting for this competitive rivalry.
    Had the pleasure of Swansea v Jesmond Saturday and it was like Jesmond trotted out new lower grades real surprising but deserved wins. Swansea 1st were never really troubled at all.
    Sunday I was at Dudley. I agree with Lofty Dudley 3rds dominated and Suns pinched a draw but 2 of the better sides in this comp.
    Reserves Suns defended well and their keeper kept them organized. Dudley butchered a heap of chances. Draw would of been fair but the Suns battled and you could argue with their 3 points.
    Then the reason I headed down. This game had passion, skill and goals and you can see the dislike for each other on the park (off it looks a bit more friendlier). Suns got an early penalty then Dudley grabbed one and surprisingly Suns pinched 2 for a 3-1 lead. Very entertaining and could of been 3-1 Dudleys way or 3-3 but Suns more clinical. Dudley came home with a wet sail and scored another the had 2 goals disallowed for offside with the first one clearly onside and even the Suns boys knew they dodged a bullet. Suns got away with the victory with a bit of luck but you need that in a season.
    As a neutral I've seen all the teams more than once and what I saw at Dudley was a class above the other teams. They both knocked the ball around well and will both be there abouts on Grand final day

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    no need to be like that, Maybe I should have said its the driest ground in ZPL.
    Definitely need to be like that, why not just give a report on the game, instead of still worrying about being called out for washing out your ground to easily.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Had the pleasure of Swansea v Jesmond Saturday and it was like Jesmond trotted out new lower grades real surprising but deserved wins. Swansea 1st were never really troubled at all.
    Sunday I was at Dudley. I agree with Lofty Dudley 3rds dominated and Suns pinched a draw but 2 of the better sides in this comp.
    Reserves Suns defended well and their keeper kept them organized. Dudley butchered a heap of chances. Draw would of been fair but the Suns battled and you could argue with their 3 points.
    Then the reason I headed down. This game had passion, skill and goals and you can see the dislike for each other on the park (off it looks a bit more friendlier). Suns got an early penalty then Dudley grabbed one and surprisingly Suns pinched 2 for a 3-1 lead. Very entertaining and could of been 3-1 Dudleys way or 3-3 but Suns more clinical. Dudley came home with a wet sail and scored another the had 2 goals disallowed for offside with the first one clearly onside and even the Suns boys knew they dodged a bullet. Suns got away with the victory with a bit of luck but you need that in a season.
    As a neutral I've seen all the teams more than once and what I saw at Dudley was a class above the other teams. They both knocked the ball around well and will both be there abouts on Grand final day
    Overall a very fair report. I didn't see Thirds, only got there for Reserves and Firsts. Reserves was a strange event, Suns for most of the game were slightly more fluent, Suns got the lead they deserved but turned to defense to hold it out, playing a slightly negative style (which I completely think is fine, we all love to win) but I do have to say there was an element of luck, as Suns looked tired, very tired!

Firsts - Agree with everything besides could've been 3-1 to Dudley, you cannot take away any of the Suns 3 goals, 2 goals of absolute class and a Penalty. So yes, 3-3 was a possibility but the luck went the Suns way.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Re keeper at bero-GK has followed coach from club to club-Trono,Singo,Bero-in a word YES they are mates
    Who coaches Bero these days?

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Yep mayfield unlucky not to take the three points today. They had a simple but effective gameplan with the majority of their chances (and goal) coming from set pieces.

Kotara definitely not at their best but will take the point and sure we will meet the green tigers again soon.
    I’m not sure what game you were watching but they had a truckload of chances from open play. 30 seconds before the Kotara goal their keeper made two successive saves to keep them in it.

Also Mayfield hit the crossbar 2 or 3 times.....from open play

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Overall a very fair report. I didn't see Thirds, only got there for Reserves and Firsts. Reserves was a strange event, Suns for most of the game were slightly more fluent, Suns got the lead they deserved but turned to defense to hold it out, playing a slightly negative style (which I completely think is fine, we all love to win) but I do have to say there was an element of luck, as Suns looked tired, very tired!

Firsts - Agree with everything besides could've been 3-1 to Dudley, you cannot take away any of the Suns 3 goals, 2 goals of absolute class and a Penalty. So yes, 3-3 was a possibility but the luck went the Suns way.
    Ressies Suns player much better in the first half. Missed a few really good chances. The boys in second half were looking very tired, although the fact we have two boys start that played a full game in thirds didn’t help. Great effort from the boys I thought.
    Firsts I don’t think Dudley did enough to win, so to say it should have been Dudley winning 3-1 is a bit of a stretch considering the Suns 3-1 half time lead was well and truly deserved. Wasn’t any luck in their goals although the penalty was dumb defending with a challenge made when it looked like the ball could have been running out. The Suns third goal was a
    S classy as you’ll see in this comp this year. Great football
    Both of Dudley’s goals came from suns errors.

I hope it’s not the last time these teams meet this season. Always good to watch!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Who coaches Bero these days?
    Scott Baillie