6. Wallsend
    7. Westlake
    8. Stockton
    9. Morriset
    10. Hamilton Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Going to make some bold predictions:

10. Hamilton Azzurri
    You claim bold, but leave Azzuri at 10th! Bold-lite more like it! I dare anyone to tip Azzuri to #survivethedrop

Premy's reaction to how you wrote his clubs name:

OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Down to the bowl cut and all
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Going to make some bold predictions:
    1. Maryland-Fletcher
    2. Cooks Hill
    3. Raymond Terrace
    4. Uni
    5. Garden Suburb
    6. Wallsend
    7. Westlake
    8. Stockton
    9. Morriset
    10. Hamilton Azzurri
    Have Maryland picked up a bunch of players?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You claim bold, but leave Azzuri at 10th! Bold-lite more like it! I dare anyone to tip Azzuri to #survivethedrop

The Azuri at 10th wasn't the bold part, that is almost a certainty. It would be a down right embarrassment to Newcastle Football if an all age team were to pick up any points in ID1. And the Premy thing must be a personal joke because I have no idea what you're talking about.

The Azuri at 10th wasn't the bold part, that is almost a certainty. It would be a down right embarrassment to Newcastle Football if an all age team were to pick up any points in ID1. And the Premy thing must be a personal joke because I have no idea what you're talking about.
    3 years ago if anyone told me Azzuri were facing an against-all-odds mission to #survivethedrop in the upper echelons of Newcastle Football Zone League 1, and that Azzuri wouldn't qualify for the World Cup, I would have laughed in their faces. But now they're up on the moon, laughing at me.

Everyone at Garden Suburb() thanks you for your service.
    OK

surely a joke saying Hamiton Azzurri will struggle in this comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    surely a joke saying Hamiton Azzurri will struggle in this comp?
    100% serious. How could such a newly established club (from a seniors perspective, anyway) come from All Age to ID3 and then compete in ID1? It would almost be unheard of. Considering every other club in the comp has had years building their squads and azuri will have had all of a few months (considering they will now need a third grade), it would take a miracle for them to be competitive. Building a club takes years, look at Raymond Terrace for example. Surely azuri couldn't achieve in two years what it has taken Terrace to do in 15 and westlake to do in about 20 years? And especially considering I have heard they are basically self funded and only use players within their own squad to coach, manage, run the admin side of things etc etc. There are no old, experienced heads on their committee, apparently they are just run by a group of mates. Ive heard they dont pay players so surely they can't attract any decent players. The only thing they seem to do well is run a facebook page and dish out banter.

100% serious. How could such a newly established club (from a seniors perspective, anyway) come from All Age to ID3 and then compete in ID1? It would almost be unheard of. Considering every other club in the comp has had years building their squads and azuri will have had all of a few months (considering they will now need a third grade), it would take a miracle for them to be competitive. Building a club takes years, look at Raymond Terrace for example. Surely azuri couldn't achieve in two years what it has taken Terrace to do in 15 and westlake to do in about 20 years? And especially considering I have heard they are basically self funded and only use players within their own squad to coach, manage, run the admin side of things etc etc. There are no old, experienced heads on their committee, apparently they are just run by a group of mates. Ive heard they dont pay players so surely they can't attract any decent players. The only thing they seem to do well is run a facebook page and dish out banter.
    well done to them for not paying players, more clubs should do it. why anyone gets paid below 2hd is beyond me.

they will finish in the top 6. have a good network of connections, will be competitive.

Cause its a bunch of mates (a lot of who are ex NBN/NewFM) who just wanna have fun, get flogged and get their banter on?
    That sort of thing can go a long way.. Especially with that dreamy Kane there.. Not to mention pv4's support..

You guys seem to conveniently forget that there are more teams in this competition then there are streets in the hallowed suburb of Hamilton North.

If somehow Azzuri manage to #survivethedrop there will be an open-Tarago parade without doubt.
    OK

If I was from one of the "older clubs" I'd be more concerned about if they do survive the drop than how they've risen to ID1.
    If a club who is self funded, self coached, self run and only created because an All Age team wanted to achieve something more than banging about for bragging rights can finish higher on the table than some others in this division then a lot of clubs (especially those who pay overs for ridiculous players) need to have a long hard look at how they're running their teams/clubs.

I think thing I hate the most about them is that they have heaps of euros that play for them that talk with an accent and cant speak english good.

What clubs in this comp aren't self funded, self coached and self run?
    Genuine question.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

from seeing them last year and the squad in ZPL3 specially first grade if they keep the core of there group and by all talk they attract quality players easily without needing money because of there mateship they will surprise a fair few i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Genuine question.
    And in addition what ZL1 clubs are paying players, let alone overs

Hopefully the comp is as good as it was last year, most games were tough to call and could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Genuine question.
    By "self coached" I meant that Azzurri has never looked, nor needed to look, outside the playing group for coaches. If you need to know which clubs aren't "self coached" then please refer yourself to the "club notices" thread where you will find zillions of clubs asking for coaches...some of those clubs are in this comp.

Plenty of clubs aren't "self run" in the sense that they are dictated by their club's committee...look at what happened to Argenton lolol

Agree Macca, I don't even think most NPL players should be paid but that is a conversation for another time.
    Last edited by the_butcher; 12-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Beresfield FC was the same mould. Started by mates and recruitment, almost solely, done by bringing in friends of friends. Promoted from Zpl3 to Zpl2 and then onto Zpl1 in consecutive years. Stockton followed the same path to Zpl1 at the same time. Both, for the most part, competitive in the top grade.

Granted Azzuri are skipping Zpl2, I don't see why they won't be competitive on your logic. If the players are good enough, what does it matter how they got to where they are?