Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 3 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2018 Zone League 3 thread

2018 discussion starts here

7 clubs this year in zl3, would be great to see an 8th club enter.

If any clubs first grade side are interested in trial games against a Friday night A/A B grade side from febuary 19th hit me up we can host and just split the ref fees.
    Cheers.

Anyone in here got contact details for someone from West Wallsend? PM me.
    Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Rumours going around a team from this comp is struggling to get numbers to play this season. Can anyone confirm/deny these rumours??

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Rumours going around a team from this comp is struggling to get numbers to play this season. Can anyone confirm/deny these rumours??
    I did read somewhere that mayfield juniors ZL3 were looking for players.

Quote Originally Posted by NWB1981 View Post
    I did read somewhere that mayfield juniors ZL3 were looking for players.
    Ah ok I follow their Facebook page and have seen them advertise for senior all age players but not for zone league. Be a shame to see any more teams drop out, after Muswellbrook have just done so. Loosing way more teams then are being gained.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I think a few teams are probably a little short of where they want to be. Medowie are probably the club with number problems. Dudley has the numbers, still looking for a player or two. At this stage of the year it's difficult to get decent turnouts to trials.

I think that NNSW football need to do something about the cost of playing. There has to be a point where something has to give.

Agreed ANFIELD, cost to play in 6th division football is too expensive for the return. It's a nice little earn for the fed but if it disappeared it wouldn't be missed by them. A shame when you look at teams like Cooks Hill who were in this league 4 years ago. Refs fees are also through the roof this year, I guess in an attempt to sway AA refs to get on board.

Medowie are in real trouble with numbers

could we see a end to ZPL3 this year and merge it to ZPL2 do you think?

Are there any ZL2 teams that could fill a third grade to make ZL1 a 12 team comp then everyone else to be in ZL2?

I have heard rumours of one ZL1 Club struggling with numbers for third grade, I don't know how much truth there is to the rumours so I won't name the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Are there any ZL2 teams that could fill a third grade to make ZL1 a 12 team comp then everyone else to be in ZL2?

I have heard rumours of one ZL1 Club struggling with numbers for third grade, I don't know how much truth there is to the rumours so I won't name the club.
    I heard from reliable enough sources that Morisset only have around 20 players total for three grades currently.
    OK

When you guys get to the ZL meeting tonight, someone needs to ask them why they've let the competition slide to this extent and what they plan to do about it to raise the profile again.

Otherwise we're going to get to a point where ZL will basically be ZPL and ZL1, and AA comps will be flooded with teams/players

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    could we see a end to ZPL3 this year and merge it to ZPL2 do you think?
    That wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    When you guys get to the ZL meeting tonight, someone needs to ask them why they've let the competition slide to this extent and what they plan to do about it to raise the profile again.

Otherwise we're going to get to a point where ZL will basically be ZPL and ZL1, and AA comps will be flooded with teams/players
    Not much federation can do if youngsters don’t want to commit to playing a full season and volunteers are shrinking

If any clubs are looking for trial games Kurri jsc have 2 A/A teams available and are happy to also host the game send me a pm if interested.
    Cheers.

hey roosta, why don't you put the 2 AA teams back into ZL?

we dont have a committee with the senior club anymore hence why we folded a few yrs ago. A lot of bloke from that time have since moved on / no longer playing and up until last week we only had 1 team and I think ts a bit late to make the push now. It’s something to club would like to aim for in the coming seasons that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    we dont have a committee with the senior club anymore hence why we folded a few yrs ago. A lot of bloke from that time have since moved on / no longer playing and up until last week we only had 1 team and I think ts a bit late to make the push now. It’s something to club would like to aim for in the coming seasons that’s for sure.
    That’s what we like to hear a club with a bit of ambition to want to turn their all age teams in a grade team. Unfortunately I feel where I spent the majority of my time playing grade football and have just now returned to play all age, It will be a long time before they get the ambition to want to do it again, I tried last year to get something going for this year possibly next year and was met with plenty of obstacles that made it near impossible. Hasn’t stopped me trying tho. But still great to hear there are clubs out there still looking to make the jump and create a pathway for their juniors to aim for.