Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 3 thread

So is there any update as to the makeup to this comp this year? Only a month until kick-off and nothing seems organised!

Quote Originally Posted by NWB1981 View Post
    So is there any update as to the makeup to this comp this year? Only a month until kick-off and nothing seems organised!
    Seems terribly unorganised... Will Medowie field teams or have they folded?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Well just got confirmed that Mayfield have pulled out of the Comp and it is now a 6 team comp with 20 matches

Maitland Fc
    Maitland Jnr
    West Wallsend
    Dudley
    Medowie (Are in doubt by some reports?)
    Bolwarra Lorn (Also heard rumors of this team being promoted but this could change now with the clubs pulling out)
    Last edited by Cunning stunts; 05-03-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Wow. Last I heard they had 26 which is decent numbers only needing 4-5 to fill a squad. Apparently the boys in blue that skipped L2 took a few of their best players so they could play reserve grade in L1. If true it is a shame as they have turned up for years, even when they were less than competitive. This Zl2-ZL3 thing is always on shaky ground with clubs battling every year to sustain it or maintain a squad.
    I also heard of one club who is charging $650 rego! Must come with a decent package you'd think.

Near certain that medowie will fold , I work with a couple of guys at the RAAF base and they said the writing is on the wall and the rest of the blokes are going to the Terrace looking for a game

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Wow.
    I also heard of one club who is charging $650 rego! Must come with a decent package you'd think.
    $650?

Muy Loco. That is stupid and that club should be embarrassed.

13 teams across 2 comps....

Anyone else think they should send someone up to ZPL1 and maybe ZPL2 & 3 combined to be a 12 team comp.

or if Medowie are all but going to fold don't move anyone to ZPL1 and still make ZPL2 & 3 one comp

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post

Anyone else think they should send someone up to ZPL1 and maybe ZPL2 & 3 combined to be a 12 team comp.

or if Medowie are all but going to fold don't move anyone to ZPL1 and still make ZPL2 & 3 one comp

Yes, agree with a team moving to ZL1, especially now since you don't even have to have a 3rd grade to play there. (It's in another forum regarding Morisset) so on those grounds the runners up in L2 could go up. What an opportunity! Also, they reduce the entry fee costs as it has to be easier only running ZL2 and not ZL3 as well.

yeah i do know Bolwarra have enough players and All Age teams to compete in ZPL1 they have been in discussion with the association so i am heavily surprised with them letting Morriset stay

Just merge ZL2&3 together.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

My mail is pretty good, medowie have committed and look stable. Although bolwarra have the player numbers im not sure how competitive they would be in ZL1? Jumping 2 divisions is a big ask. New Lambton in zone league 2 would be a more obvious club to go up if required.

Dudley zone league 3 still looking for a couple of players to fill the squad. Any interested players send me a private msg

We have a few spots still in our squad if anyone is looking to play this year. also a goal keeper wanted PM for more details if any interest

We have a few spots still in our squad if anyone is looking to play this year. also a goal keeper wanted PM for more details if any interest
    Wot club are u from?

would love to play all age again this year if there any clubs still looking for players.

Quote Originally Posted by luke agresti View Post
    would love to play all age again this year if there any clubs still looking for players.
    So....maybe post in the all age thread?

Two weeks out from comp start how is everyone looking?

surely Bolwarra are heavy favorites
    Maitland Jnr will be a surprise packet if there FFA cup results are anything to go by
    West Wallsend and Dudley will be strong

Two weeks out from comp start how is everyone looking?

surely Bolwarra are heavy favorites
    Maitland Jnr will be a surprise packet if there FFA cup results are anything to go by
    West Wallsend and Dudley will be strong
    Maitland JNR beating Simba was a big result. Simba are a good side. Saddens me to say I too think Bolwarra are early favourites but it also depends on referees and how their games are officiated. Westie had a big turn out to trials and turned players away, doesn't happen much in L3. Maitland SNR will again be amongst it but it depends whether they are in party mode like most Friday night's up there or they focus on playing. Duds will go well, go the Demons!

Maitland Snr will be about but only issue they have had a fair bit of turn over of players.

i see Bolwarra coming close if not doing the double comfortably this year

Heard a rumour that Dudley are in trouble with player numbers. Any true to that?