Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    They can't put just one new team in, it has to be two. Newy has been a pain in the arse for FFA for longer than Tinks has been involved and the Gyps are no better, so why not join the two together. Red blue yellow. PV4 can make it work.
    Do you cherish your life?

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    What if FFA want the licence for another town and Tinks wants it to stay in Newy. Newy doesn't own the licence and it could end up anywhere. Conspiracy? Be careful what you wish for.
    I guess most fans will vote with their feet next year and suggest it wont matter.

take flavor's advice and don't believe the hype boyyyyeee..

anybody know how the court case with Reddog Techonology went?

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/29...tinack/?cs=305

Tinkler avoids court over Patinack
    By DONNA PAGE
    March 26, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

BESIEGED former billionaire Nathan Tinkler reached an 11th-hour deal with liquidators this week to avoid facing a public examination over the collapse of Patinack Farm Administration.

It is the second time Mr Tinkler has dodged facing court over the matter in the past six months.

He came to a deal with liquidator Anthony Matthews in October, but negotiations broke down and the matter was set down to be heard in the Adelaide Supreme Court on Wednesday.

Mr Matthews planned to examine Mr Tinkler, his former right-hand man Troy Palmer and Patinack chief financial officer Tony Marshall on oath about the thoroughbred stud’s dealings.

Counsel for the liquidator told the court that the parties had reached a ‘‘partial settlement’’, that if ‘‘fully enacted’’ would cancel the court action altogether.

Mr Matthew said on Thursday that the matter was adjourned to June 17 following a settlement deal.

‘‘Should the terms of settlement not be adhered to by the next court date, the public examination of each of the parties will proceed,’’ he said.

Patinack Farm Administration, the employment arm of the business, was placed in liquidation in November, 2012, over a $16,978 debt owed to the Workcover Corporation of South Australia.

The company owed about $4.7 million to the Australian Tax Office.

In further good news for Mr Tinkler, a wind-up application by Reddog Technology against the Newcastle Jets was dropped in the Sydney Supreme Court on Monday.

On Tuesday, Ashurst Australia lawyers will appear in the Sydney Supreme Court trying to liquidate Tinkler Group Holdings Administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Im so proud of our owner and I would want anything to accidently happen to him

Got an email from the club yesterday about how my monthly membership payment was declined. The reason for this is my card expired, and I haven't updated my details.

Thought about how ironic it was that a Tinkler company is grilling me about overdue payments
    OK

i generally take my time with them

No wonder the big man has **** all coin to pay people. ****'s not getting paid himself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Got an email from the club yesterday about how my monthly membership payment was declined. The reason for this is my card expired, and I haven't updated my details.

Thought about how ironic it was that a Tinkler company is grilling me about overdue payments
    Pay them late.

Treat them like they treat everyone else

Send them plastic money because after all, you're probably a plastic fan. Hi Premy

Banned
    Former mining magnate Nathan Tinkler has picked up a job as an advisor to nickel explorer Rumble Resources as he steps up his return to the resources sector.

Mr Tinkler, who has been selling his assets to repay massive debts, will be paid in performance-based share options, potentially giving him a stake in the junior explorer.

Rumble Resources shares rose 1.7 cents, or 30.9 per cent, to 7.2 cents on the news at 1215 AEDT.

Singapore-based Mr Tinkler is trying to slash his debts after losing the bulk of his fortune during the recent resources downturn.

The 38-year-old former billionaire said there was significant value to be built at Rumble’s operations in the Fraser Range in Western Australia.

‘‘This could well be a world-class nickel province in the making,’’ he said in a statement on Monday.

Junior nickel miners are betting the price of the stainless steel ingredient has reached the bottom after hitting a six-year low earlier this month.Rumble Resources recently raised $1.68 million by issuing 37.5 million ordinary shares at 4.5 cents each.

Chief executive Shane Sikora said Mr Tinkler had been searching for assets around the world and that his connections and high profile would help the fledgling WA company.

‘‘His track record of creating significant shareholder value in both private and public companies, in addition to his experience in large-scale financial raisings, will be of great benefit to Rumble shareholders,’’ Mr Sikora said.

See your ad here
    It is unclear how big Mr Tinkler’s stake in the company will be if he exercises all of his options.

Rumble Resources is focused on two main projects in the Fraser Range, including the Zanthus Project, 20km from Sirius Resources’ Nova-Bollinger discovery, and the Big Red Project, 450km east of Kalgoorlie.

Mr Tinkler’s foray into nickel comes after he sold his Patinack Farm horseracing operations in 2014 to a group of overseas and local buyers, in a deal believed to be worth between around $100 million and $130 million.

The move also comes after Mr Tinkler paid $150 million for a mothballed Queensland coal mine in May last year.Earlier this year, he sold four Gold Coast properties to help pay back $22 million owed to retailer Gerry Norman.

However, he appears likely to hold on to his Newcastle Jets A-league football team which he has been trying to sell after buying it for $5 million in 2010.

The team has consistently cost him money and at one stage he failed to pay the wages of 20 players and staff, including star coach Wayne Bennett.
    Tinks back in the money it seems.

^^^^
    Read that last line....."........including star coach Wayne Bennett". Can't be that hard to get the facts right FFS. Actually would have been hilarious if they had put "....including star coach Phil Stubbins"!!!!

Banned

Mitchell Murphy tries to get money flowing for Jets players, staff
    By ROBERT DILLON
    May 17, 2015, 10:08 p.m

NEWCASTLE Jets chief executive Mitchell Murphy has promised to do "everything in my power" to ensure this is the last month the club's employees are left waiting for wages.

Jets players and staff are supposed to be paid on the 15th of every month, but on Friday the club issued a statement saying the wages would be "processed' on Monday, 72 hours in arrears.

It was the third time in four months that the club's employees have been kept waiting for their salaries.

In February and March, the wages were deposited 48 hours late. Asked if this trend was likely to continue, Murphy told the Newcastle Herald on Sunday: "I will be doing everything in my power to prevent it from happening ongoing".

Murphy said "the situation at hand has not changed" with regards to the club's statement on Friday. Embattled Jets owner Nathan Tinkler is expected to produce the necessary funds without financial assistance from Football Federation Australia.

"The explanation to our supporters and our fans is completely transparent," Murphy said. "The club has a cash-flow challenge.

"There is no other issue."

Murphy said it was "common sense" that paying wages had become increasingly problematic since the Australian Tax Office moved several months ago to garnish the monthly grant the Jets receive from FFA which is supposed to cover players' wages.

"Your cash-flow problem is compounded when you have a tax garnishee that doesn't enable the flow of the monthly grant from the FFA," he said.
    See your ad here

Monthly wages aside, the Jets face another potential quandary in less than two weeks when a host of unwanted players come out of contract.

Standard A-League player contracts expire on May 31, at which point those who are not retained should have all outstanding wages, superannuation and other entitlements settled.

Asked if that would be the case with the players Newcastle are releasing, Murphy replied: "The focus at the moment is to address the wages bill tomorrow and then turn our attention to that."

Tinkler promised in February to address an estimated $400,000 in superannuation owed to past and present Newcastle players, but it remains outstanding.

There is also the issue of $40,000 in unpaid hiring fees, which has resulted in Jets players being effectively locked out of the club's training facilities at the University of Newcastle.

With no access to The Forum, players have been keeping fit at an alternative gymnasium.

But unless the debt to Newcastle University Sport is settled, Ray Watt Oval will remain off limits and Jets coach Phil Stubbins will have to find a new pitch when pre-season training kicks off in late June.

In a statement on Friday, Murphy said the "financial liability to NUsport will be settled in the coming weeks", but sources have told the Herald that NUsport executives have been considering contingency plans, such as leasing Ray Watt Oval to local amateur sporting associations.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/30...r-jets/?cs=306
    Never fear, old murphy-dog is going to try and pay people on time now, wow every player & staff member must be so relieved to hear that.

Still no questioning regarding removing home games from Newcastle, come on herald hacks have a go.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

so, they been paid yet?

NBN news says not yet, but never fear Murphy is on the case making sure that this is not going to be an ongoing issue, apparently that equals paying on time once a quarter...actually for a Tinkler related entity that's probably not too bad.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    so, they been paid yet?
    no play, no pay. fine print says they are all casual

FFA set to blow whistle on Nathan Tinkler
    By JAMES GARDINER
    May 18, 2015, 10:45 p.m

NEWCASTLE Jets owner Nathan Tinkler is on the verge of having his A-League licence revoked after the fallen mining magnate failed to pay overdue wages and club management could not indicate when they would be able to do so.

Jets players and staff are supposed to be paid on the 15th of every month.

After issuing a statement on Friday, saying the wages would be ‘‘processed’’ on Monday – 72 hours in arrears – the Jets have conceded that the funds are not available.

‘‘Newcastle Jets regret to advise that the club has been unable to process monthly salaries for players and staff today,’’ Jets CEO Mitchell Murphy said in a statement on Monday night. ‘‘The club is in dialogue with Football Federation Australia regarding this situation, however unfortunately is unable at this point in time to place a definitive timeline on a resolution.’’

FFA chief executive officer David Gallop condemned the non-payment as ‘‘a serious failure by the Newcastle Jets’’.

‘‘This has happened despite repeated assurances about refinancing of the club and stabilising the operations,’’ Gallop added.

‘‘It’s totally unacceptable for the Jets to fall short of their basic obligations.

‘‘FFA will urgently examine all options available to have this situation addressed.’’

Professional Footballers Australia head of player relations Simon Colosimo said it was a ‘‘fundamental right’’ for players’ wages to be met on time.

‘‘It has been four months now, going month to month, that is not acceptable,’’ he said.

‘‘In the short term we will be working with the club to get the players paid. That is the priority, but the big picture is finding the right balance in Newcastle.

‘‘That is where FFA come in.

‘‘The game has a responsibility to work with all stakeholders to ensure that Newcastle are not only viable but a power again.’’

It is the third time in four months that Jets employees have been kept waiting for their salaries after the Herald revealed that the Australian Tax Office had taken out a garnishee order against Tinkler that enabled it to seize the $250,000 monthly grant the Jets receive from FFA.

In February and March, the wages were deposited 48 hours late.

In February Gallop warned Tinkler he had a ‘‘matter of days’’ to resolve the Jets’ liabilities, in particular an estimated $400,000 in unpaid superannuation.

That debt remains outstanding and is set to increase at the end of the month when standard A-League contracts are finalised, at which point those who are not retained are required to have all outstanding wages, superannuation and other entitlements settled.

The Jets are also $40,000 in arrears in hiring fees at the the club’s training facilities at the University of Newcastle and have been locked out.

Tinkler had given assurances, verbally and in writing, that those debts would be settled.

A-League clubs have historically encountered cash-flow issues in the off-season.

In the past, FFA has been sympathetic when those problems have been in isolation and the club’s general operations have otherwise been in order.

Since February, the Jets and other Tinkler-related companies have faced a series of wind-up actions over unpaid debts.

Some of these matters have been settled but others are continuing.

It has been reported that Tinkler’s liability to the ATO was about $2million. At that rate, the garnishee order will be imposed for another four months.

Jets players on Monday began a six-week break and many have travelled overseas or interstate.

The PFA has a ‘‘hardship fund’’ available to players for emergency situations.

Jets players contacted by the Herald expressed their ‘‘disappointment’’ and ‘‘disgust’’ at the delay.

Kat Caravella, the wife of departing midfielder Zenon Caravella, aired her frustration on Twitter posting: ‘‘Can the club please ask our bank, utility providers + pre school for an extension while they get one?’’

The Jets are due to assemble for pre-season training on June 22 and have 11 places to fill on their roster.

Tinkler has promised coach Phil Stubbins that the club would spend the full $2.55million salary cap on players next season and seek to recruit Australian and overseas marquee players.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/30...inkler/?cs=306
    Guess it'll be another trip to the Bank of Harvey for another quick fix withdrawal.

Banned
    This should actually be causing me to get half a chubb.

Problem is the FFA have continually proven to be piss week and gutless dealing with him and I severely doubt we will get a positive resolution from this.

The way they treated Con and the slack they have shown Tinkler are a disgrace

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...-euro-talent-0
    So according of the WG our Muppet is still in the UK.... Hope he stays there
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.